Game-Labs Forum

Windowed Mode Crash

BoneDriver9BS

Fellas, has anyone else run into the windowed mode bug/crash?  I've got just over 120 hours of gameplay with no issues.  I followed the re-installation instructions, however my game starts in windowed mode and when I change it regardless of my resolution it crashes the game every time.  I've installed and re-installed two times with the same issue.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

MORS AB ALTO

Hi BoneD! No windowed mode bug/crash so far. Validate the game files to be sure that your installation is ok. To do that go in Steam client and in games library right click on Ultimate General: Gettysburg. Select Properties and in local files tab choose to verify the integrity of game cache. If this does not work then go in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow (if you cannot see AppData, change Windows folder options to show hidden folders). Keep a back up of the Game Labs folder and delete it. Start the game again. If the problem has resolved, copy back your saves folder from the backup to restore your saves.

If in any case you proceed to a fresh install of the game, please perform first a clean-up of the game folder. See details here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/881-common-technical-problems-and-solutions/ under Essential clean-up of game folder.