Game-Labs Forum

Tour of the HMS Mary Rose

Rebel Witch

After visiting the Warrior and Victory, i checked out the newly finished Mary Rose museum and was very impressed. all of the dedication and hard work that went into it is clear. This ship is well before our games time but it is still significant for tall ship history. Enjoy the Tour!

uZ6K4iT.jpg

CWL6bAB.jpg

lbxWjRH.jpg

ev6HWey.jpg

l7YYA6z.jpg

MXeemA4.jpg

TpwdXxB.jpg

9Its8Wo.jpg

mUrhsMT.jpg

nspAnOJ.jpg

yY58hYc.jpg

HYOO1jc.jpg

AKS9YNN.jpg

kKvSLxe.jpg

P1ETjTo.jpg

1SHC1wr.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, once again nice pictures and gorgeous exhibition. That's one hell of a maritime archaeologists wet dream (like some colleagues of mine undoubtly would have lol)!

Most recent ship our company excavated:

http://www.ruimtevoorderivierijsseldelta.nl/nl/excavation-recovery-and-conservation-of-a-15th-century-cog-from-the-river-ijssel-near-kampen-in-the/

http://www.nationalgeographic.nl/video/kamper-kogge-in-lelystad

Edited by Dutch Langella
  • Like 1

The skeleton of the dog really brought the ship to life for me. Did the exhibit mention any human skeletons found?

Yes they found many human remains. They also had a mock up skeleton of one of the men they said was an archer. they said based on the bone damage or structure they could tell it was an archer from the strain on their tendons and bones from archery. it was quite fascinating and also a somber reminder of the many lives lost on that boat.

• Like 2

Fascinating pics of the Mary Rose!

I am curious  as to the height between decks, as it doesn't look like much.  Either the seamen of that era were very small or they suffered from a  lot of back problems! Must have been hell moving around in heavy seas.