Game-Labs Forum

PvP2 Port reset - put your thoughts on Diplomacy here.

Digital Wind

I almost felt bad last night when I mauled a Spaniard. They're kind of like unicorns, rare and majestic. Problem is they also taste like fried pork skins, and I'm a sucker for those.

Player distributions are way lopsided in PvP2.  Pirates have half the server, GB the next big chink, then US and the rest are really active crumbs...and then spain.

• Like 2

I hope the devs merge the two servers soon because pvp 2 is really boring and full of carebears. Either merge them or give whoever wants to move, the option to transfer their assets. I miss the big battles we had a few times. Now it's all about the carebear alliance.

I miss seeing anyone. Since the patch there is 160 people on and all invisible.

Well maybe they are covered by the billion ai but i cant see em.

Im more interested in what is going to play out once pirates go through "the change".

I cant picture many pirates on both servers staying pirates if they cant do port battles. I see them playing nationals since they basically are now OR playing a national as a pirate/privateer.

Then i see spain or france getting a population bomb.

So why not just join a Nation like Spain or France? That way you can participate in Diplomacy and Politics with everyone else and still continue to do Raiding etc...? I never understood why people chose to become Pirates rather then select a Nation. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the advantage to becoming a Pirate?

So why not just join a Nation like Spain or France? That way you can participate in Diplomacy and Politics with everyone else and still continue to do Raiding etc...? I never understood why people chose to become Pirates rather then select a Nation. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the advantage to becoming a Pirate?

Well right now our clan is one of the only if not the only clan on the server that is playing as true 17th century pirates of the carrebean.

What i was referring to is all the other player who are currently pirates that wage war that will not be allowed to after the supposed change. I wonder how many player will remain pirates after this change. How many of us will there be 4,8,20? Where will the current warlords go after they leave the pirates or will they give up war, 1st rates ports etc.

As for me and my clan we want to stay pirates because of the freedom it "should" give us but if pirates are to remain just another faction we will change.

We want to go french but if the servers merge the language barrier will force us to play US or be outcast who cant speak with or faction.

We would change now but have to much to give up.

England could use a vassal.  Let us conquer you and together we can begin establishing the United Kingdom

No, I think not.  As grateful as we are to GB's help, I think it's time for the Dutch nation to put it's big boy pants on.  If you want something of our's, we're not about to "let" you have anything....man up and come down and take it, sporty.

...and while you think upon this, perhaps you should stop making shady deals with other GB clans for pieces of South America you don't own  (yeah, we know all about you personally cutting a deal with that BOTC clan).

Edited by Stroopwafel

Advantages of being a Pirate..

No forced alliances by popular vote game mechanics. Any alliances we may decide to keep are done by gentleman's agreement as we see fit. We don't lose a target pool because the biggest clan in the faction decides they want to ally with some other Nation.

Pirates also used to be able to attack other Pirates, but sadly the dev team decided to remove that from the game for the time being. In the Pirate Republic, it was wise to not be an assclown because we could self police. I hope they bring that mechanic back someday.

Lastly, we have better prostitutes. 

• Like 1