Game-Labs Forum

PvP2 Port reset - put your thoughts on Diplomacy here.

Digital Wind

One thing we should also do moving forward is put this thing about Cordova to bed, and find other reasons to want to light each others hair on fire. Here's a list of other perfectly good excuses:

1) The Brits have bad teeth

2) The US smell of bad southern tobacco

3) The Swedes won't share their meatballs or bikini team

4) The Dutch have this strange infatuation with strooping all over waffles

5) Spain is a nation of one man suffering from split personality disorder

6) The French are... The French.

7) I can't find too much of a reason to pick on the Danes. They seem like that odd, but nice cousin you only see on holidays. 

Nationals feel free to make up your own list.

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 7

The Brit/ US alliance is a direct result of the Pirate war against the Brits. Even with the alliance, Pirates were able to take all the Brit ports on PVP2. Now Brits are taking some back only because Pirates have decided not to defend them very much. Since Pirates were able to take all the Brit ports even with the US/Brit alliance, this is why the alliance needs to be there. It's not voted by one group. It's voted by most Brit and US players because they've seen and haven't forgotten what the Pirates were able to do and did to the Brits and I doubt it will be forgotten any time soon.

Ha ha ha you guys have been best friends since the ow started. Making "deals" to take a few ports back and forth in mexico for the free drops .

Dont even try and act like you two have ever fought other than a few squabbles between clans.

The entire reasons a few pirates decided to wipe you out and give you a good spanking was because you relentlessly attacked pirates over and over again because you were scared to fight a fight with each other.

Rubbish. We weren't allied with US until pirates declared all out war against us. You're just making stuff up to serve your cause. But after all, it did work out for the best because now we have allies that are voted on as a whole and we can trust.

Edited by Jima
  • Like 1

My personal thoughts:

1. Pirate is the most honest nation, I'd like to keep working with them if they require.

2. Spanish players are noble, I'm totally agree allying with them.

3. US, not much to say as they are too far away.

4. Brits, I'd like to keep neutral with them. Unfortunately, they holds core regions we desire. We are going to take them no matter GB agrees or not. If they are willing to give up these ports, then we can be neutral or ally.

5. France, I see French player the same dishonest as GB(only talking about some players and clans), but I'm fine leaving or even allying with them as long as they don't aid Swedes.

6. VP, I'd like to keep neutral with them as long as they don't threat us. Dipo window is open for them.

7. SV. I'm expecting war with Swedes as they said they would rather fight than ally with us. If we do drop into war, any nation that aids Swedes will be considered as enemy.

I'm seeking more coops with other nations rather than fighting them in next patch. PM me if anyone is interested.

May the wind be with u~ ;) 

Edited by Captain Melon
  • Like 2

If the pirates want to keep fighting that's fine.  But the US GB alliance is firmer than a boob job and you will still have to fight us and our allies VP and potentially FR.  Also tit for tat, whats to stop Nationals from jumping into one of your Hostility missions or F-ing with you when you try to take a Spanish region?  Try not to choke when you bite off more than you can chew.

Rubbish. We weren't allied with US until pirates declared all out war against us. You're just making stuff up to serve your cause. But after all, it did work out for the best because now we have allies that are voted on as a whole and we can trust.

Lol rubish.

Ok believe what you want. Those of us who saw it will remember the truth.

P.S

You have zero idea what my cause is which further proves my point. Why dont you ask the big scary pirates what i think of thier wars and what a big participant i am in them.

Them taking all your ports hurts me more than it does you but hey believe what you want.

Edited by Mrdoomed

My personal thoughts:

1. Pirate is the most honest nation, I'd like to keep working with them if they require.

I saw Sir Ball Dragger from Pirate BLACK screw up a deal between me and someone from not his nation but his CLAN!  And it was nothing but a Money for Paint deal.  He said that he had the paint and would give it for free to his clanmate and minutes later laughed and said he never had the paint.  Also, Produx now Sir John Watts, left the pirate nation for GB because he got chewed out by Pirate Chat, he almost left the game!  All of this was within the past week...

Plus there was a deal that they made with literally one guy whose said he spoke for 3 clans in GB and the pirates didn't tell any of the fighting clans about it.  Essentially a cease fire.. and hours later when GB "broke" the deal they were up in arms playing the victim in Global Chat.

The pirate Community has to be pretty toxic to allow this kind of crap so I don't really consider them to be Honest Hanks.  HOWEVER, I do think that an arrangement can be made because there are occasionally a few level heads like Loco.

Edited by Digital Wind

Loco level headed? If I'm not mistaken, it was loco who lead the charge to take all the brit ports after the misunderstanding that occurred from the capture of Corrientes. If 7grams wasn't on vacation when that happened, I bet the whole situation could have been avoided. Loco is the primary cause of the whole escalation.

I saw Sir Ball Dragger from Pirate BLACK screw up a deal between me and someone from not his nation but his CLAN!  And it was nothing but a Money for Paint deal.  He said that he had the paint and would give it for free to his clanmate and minutes later laughed and said he never had the paint.  Also, Produx now Sir John Watts, left the pirate nation for GB because he got chewed out by Pirate Chat, he almost left the game!  All of this was within the past week...

Plus there was a deal that they made with literally one guy whose said he spoke for 3 clans in GB and the pirates didn't tell any of the fighting clans about it.  Essentially a cease fire.. and hours later when GB "broke" the deal they were up in arms playing the victim in Global Chat.

The pirate Community has to be pretty toxic to allow this kind of crap so I don't really consider them to be Honest Hanks.  HOWEVER, I do think that an arrangement can be made because there are occasionally a few level heads like Loco.

Well, Passed Wind my vote is to take out GB 1st Just saying, I hope you bring it This time.  But, I will go with everyone else wants to do.  The new free port near KPR wont be any help for your side.  Will be FUN to see how it all plays out..  "There can only be one"

Loco level headed? If I'm not mistaken, it was loco who lead the charge to take all the brit ports after the misunderstanding that occurred from the capture of Corrientes. If 7grams wasn't on vacation when that happened, I bet the whole situation could have been avoided. Loco is the primary cause of the whole escalation.

7grams lead the war. He is the clan leader. There was no misunderstanding. 7grams told Cordova for the act of betrayal and making a non aggression pact with the US he said we are coming for Port Antonio, and Cordovas words were goodluck. History shows we took the port. We told Cordova after that if he wanted it back a simple apology and we would leave and his own words its war and we will gather all the nations to wipe you down to one port. Hence why we started taking everything and blockading your ports. Also that is why Dutch and French started hitting us as we were neutral with them. 

You say the whole situation could have been avoided. Yes it could if Cordova knew anything about diplomacy. Heck we asked others to speak up in your clan and they said if he finds out we spoke with Pirates he will kick us out the clan or label us a traitor. 

The only nation who have never stuffed us over have been the Danes and we will be supporting them 100%. 

P.S. If he was on Vacation then who is this in the thread and pictures.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268349544305557756/6740D0B13F59DE3B63B34AAD8FEE31D78E8F380C/

Oh shit its 7grams. Once again I back my statements with facts and the truth and once again you have proven to supply false information. Rekt.

Edited by Loco Bandito

We saw the votes 2 days out. You know Pirates can see who you vote for, and we could see you voting for an alliance with US. Questioned Cordova on it and he said what I do is what I do. So we asked if your allied with US in a few days where do we stand and he refused to answer. All this and confirmed from 3 different clans in US that you all made a non aggression pact. 

There were no "you all pacts". There was an agreement that we could take all ports west of Concepcion. We felt this included Corrientes. Again there was no voting for alliances when this all went down. But it doesn't matter. The point is the reasoning of the US/Brit alliance, and you haven't given a reason why it shouldn't exist.. You've only proven why it should.

There were no "you all pacts". There was an agreement that we could take all ports west of Concepcion. We felt this included Corrientes. Again there was no voting for alliances when this all went down. But it doesn't matter. The point is the reasoning of the US/Brit alliance, and you haven't given a reason why it shouldn't exist.. You've only proven why it should.

Here is my reason if you read my post from earlier,

Honestly the two big powerhouses US and GB shouldnt be allied. They should each ally with a smaller nation and help them grow.

As for Pirates being in the big 3 I doubt it. Our player base is small, and it has been one clan on Pirates sticking it to the big alliance.

This is hypotheitcally speaking, say you get Pirates down to one port. Who do you fight then? Do you go after a small nation, take them to one port? 

We all know US and GB stance with the other nations that are active and growing, France, Dutch, Swede. You wont fight them you will make a carebear alliance deal and turn PvP2 into a pve server. So the image I get and hear from others is you just want to fight the Pirates and the Danes. I personally think the devs dropped the ball on the whole alliance system. Its limiting pvp on a small population server. But hey thats my opinion. 

Why starve yourselves of pvp and ally i will never understand. The two biggest nations should be warring. 

Personally i hate ports and our clan took ports in the hope of getting battles. But when people avoid battles and ports end up being taken empty we said enough is enough. Time for a break and wait for reset. I wish this patch they said Pirates cant take ports and we can just come and Raid and just jump in your hostility missions and sink who ever.

To add to this, 

If you guys ally with smaller nations it gives them a chance to do port battles on a low population server, thus everyone gets pvp.

• Like 1

As for no pacts are you calling the US player base liars?

Concepion is way down in the south and Corrientes is in the middle of the map. I will explain again for the 1000th time, Corrientes was a US port. We took it because Cordova said he didnt have the numbers and we were using it as a jump off point. Like all our deals with GB we were giving you that port uncontested. But you guys used that against us. Cordova said he wanted that port after we took it off US, I said give us a couple of days to get a jump over to Conttoy. He said ok. Then the next day he took it, at the same time NPG, WATCH, FEAR all said there was a non aggression pact and GB had not pulled flags on US for 2 days. During those 2 days we could see the votes on the alliance tab for you guys to go to an alliance. 

Dude, you are totally off base. Again, you say you can see our votes. There were no votes or voting system when this went down. Why do you keep bringing this up when it didn't exist? It wasn't until the night we took Corrientes that Cordova made contact with the US. Bottom line is Pirates can't be trusted and we will leave it as that. I never felt comfortable with Cordova's negotiations with rats, so I'm glad it's clearly over.  

Dude, you are totally off base. Again, you say you can see our votes. There were no votes or voting system when this went down. Why do you keep bringing this up when it didn't exist? It wasn't until the night we took Corrientes that Cordova made contact with the US. Bottom line is Pirates can't be trusted and we will leave it as that. I never felt comfortable with Cordova's negotiations with rats, so I'm glad it's clearly over.  

Once again your wrong. Get your facts straight. Check the dates below. We could see where your votes where going before alliances kicked in. You had the pre-vote stage. We as Pirates and other clans questioned it and where it would put us as allies and Cordova choose to ignore it when the questions where asked. Guess he doesnt like the hard questions. 

Date of Alliance Patch - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15862-patch-994-alliances-new-ships-new-features/ ( Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:13 PM)

Date of Battle of War with GB - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16143-pvp2-battle-for-port-antonio-britus-vs-pirates/  ( Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:12 PM)

Now I know why we went to war. You guys cant get your facts right lol.

• Like 2

People here seem to forget something.

The fact is while you nationals talk big and so forth; your days of 35 port battles per day are nearly over. No more zerg for you!

Therefore we as pirates can and will indeed persevere to screw up your happy little carebear lives as much as we goddamn please.

You talk of ganging on pirates. Guess what ladies, that's happened 3 times before and it has not 'destroyed' us; in actual fact I relish the opportunity to be a smaller nation, easier to defend whatever we want.

Be careful 'Great' Britain; you hate us so much; it would suck if we simply capped KPR and forced you petty quarrellers into our subordinates.

I cannot say what is going to happen in the near future; but I can guarantee it will be full of pvp; fun and a whole tonne of butthurt for certain people who I as a gentleman shall not name for it would stain my honour :)

• Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 10:16 PM, Lord Frederick de Villaret said:

Be careful 'Great' Britain; you hate us so much; it would suck if we simply capped KPR and forced you petty quarrellers into our subordinates.

I love it..... They (them brits) are making it easier.  What they don't understand is we really DON'T CARE what they think or about the ports.  NO has to Hack our email for screen shot we will show the freely.  He/we has shown You proof but you are like the/a "Lacky" and try and Spin it.

We did make one mistake tho, after taken you to one port, and we have even talk about it TS on multiple occasions. (After the fact)

WE SHOULD HAVE NOT STOPPED.  For the health of the server bla bla,  Let me go I did nothing to you, bla bla, we should have had everyone come to forums so the people on the forums could see how much crying you(the brits) were doing.  We didn't, we learned our lesson,  So Because of that KPR WILL FALL and the King Cordova and his Lacky's ---Will have to fall in line and have no power what so ever(guess they could become care bears for us since they wont be able to do anything to stop us at that point), or switch Nations and/or his Name and that is who will will go after next.

This is a Stupid game,  you should be laffing all this crap off.  You make it to easy to be trolled Mate. This is a TRIP

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Keep real life politics out of this please.
  • Like 2

Digital Wind do you ever actually PvP ?

I swear to God I see you talk on Global, but never seen you in OW or in any battle lol

I never see any of these brits or US guys pvp EVER . Seen a few of them in twitch doing empty pbs but i dont consider that pvp as much as a shooting gallery.

I sail US and British waters when in on. I do NOTHING but look for people to take from. Ive never ever ever seen any of these guys in ow.

This is exactly why the pirates best everyone. The pirates are NOT toxic at all ( least toxic online community ive seen in 4ever) and they pvp the others??? They never leave port exept to do quests or to do pbs. Even the gank squads who wait in port to jump a bs come out to gank.

There is a huge difference between players for the 3 factions. If after pirates change and certain clans join a national faction that faction will take over the map ( psst my clan is for hire to raid shipping) and i wonder if there will be this much bitching then.

• Like 2

Once again your wrong. Get your facts straight. Check the dates below. We could see where your votes where going before alliances kicked in. You had the pre-vote stage. We as Pirates and other clans questioned it and where it would put us as allies and Cordova choose to ignore it when the questions where asked. Guess he doesnt like the hard questions. 

Date of Alliance Patch - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15862-patch-994-alliances-new-ships-new-features/ ( Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:13 PM)

Date of Battle of War with GB - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16143-pvp2-battle-for-port-antonio-britus-vs-pirates/  ( Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:12 PM)

Now I know why we went to war. You guys cant get your facts right lol.

The alliance was not in place yet during the night of that port capture. If you're saying it was, it's simply not true.

I think a problem is starting to happen again. This thread, from my standpoint, is asking that at the Reset, we also reset our feelings for the most part. I know that we all may have in some form or another created conflict that then drove the entire diplomacy of that nation or group for the rest of the "game."

What I think we should do is with this Reset, we should all take a seat and have a couple breaths. Every nation is going to attack ports next to them to gain that "influence" around their capital again. Those who were enemies could become friends, or at the very least we should all reconsider "hurt feelings." No doubt I see the US and British will likely attack the Pirates again, but instead of fighting them because of Past conflicts, how about forget those conflicts that fueled past hatred and start anew. I don't think people will change their minds though, even with games that have servers that "restart" every X months, you always see the same groups fighting the same enemy. Hopefully we can forgive past grievances to a degree and maybe create new relationships. It's always been an issue in my view for the PvP2 server, PvP1 players seem to be able to make amends (or at least publicly) and eventually change their diplomatic views, whereas PvP2 player/groups always seem to have a grudge similar to a dwarf's memory against folks who sunk them or started fighting them. I'm seeing it all over again with the same British nationals versus the BLACK pirates

tl;dr the plate is clean and the map reset, lets make new enemies and friends, not bring past conflicts all over again, but I don't have my hopes up.

• Like 3

Which would be a good thing. 

If there were 4 power nations and 4 minor nations it would make for an interesting political and balance stand point.  

Who are you?

Digital is in most of the PBs we have had, either in a mortar brig, or in another ship that is needed.  

Yeah he comes in a Mortar Brig, because he's good at taking empty ports haha. Well said Hodo, well said...

tl;dr the plate is clean and the map reset, lets make new enemies and friends, not bring past conflicts all over again, but I don't have my hopes up.

What is weird about games and RL is that in both people hold grudges against others for generations, centuries, even millennia...(mid-east vs west), and they can't ever accept that perhaps that person's child had absolutely nothing to do with the quarrel and yet he's hated for what the dad did. (Take this back generations.) It is so weird that it continues even in games where we fight over pixels. The only way this mentality can ever be beaten is by forgiveness....and moving on. The only person who you have control over during a fight is yourself, and if you won't stop the fight then it won't stop.

Of course, we all learn our lessons about certain people and know what to expect from that person, but that doesn't mean everyone associated by nationality is the same. So with this simple fact, how is it so impossible for a reset of the game to not influence a reset of peoples mentalities about other nations and prevent a reset of said alliances also?

As a former US player during the Great Spanish Trickery from the Brits, I had great trepidation about ever having an alliance with Britain, or even British players, yet now I am fighting side by side under the same flag with some of those Brits.

Allow this reset to be a reset, otherwise nothing new will ever happen...at least not with the grudge holder.

I do not appreciate the personal attack against me and for that matter, against eachother.  I find them to be false and disrespectful and made purely to troll.  There is nothing constructive about it and this is NOT THE PLACE TO CALL NAMES AND RUB GRIEVANCES, REAL OR IMAGINED, IN EACH OTHER FACES.  STOP IT.

I too would like to see a reset in the general political atmosphere but I feel like this is the Minority opinion since most people, or at least the loudest are favoring to continue wars.

• Like 2