Game-Labs Forum

Agamemnon (wacky looking guns)

It seems with the new patch, the 24pd gun model was at least fixed on some sips. Looks much better now for example on Bellona and Bucentaure.

That's good. Admin also said they would possibly look into new 3D models for the guns later on after the UI update, so I'm crossing my fingers that this issue will soon be solved.

Well to add my two penny worth to this discussion, you might also take into account the thickness of the hull.

When looking at it this way there is a shorter barrel protrusion.

A 24 Pdr close hauled to the side will not protrude as far as is depicted.

The thickness of the hull will show that.

Good day Gentlemen

Well to add my two penny worth to this discussion, you might also take into account the thickness of the hull.

When looking at it this way there is a shorter barrel protrusion.

A 24 Pdr close hauled to the side will not protrude as far as is depicted.

The thickness of the hull will show that.

Good day Gentlemen

Indeed, infact the St. Pavel suffers from both too thin a hull ingame as well as the gun 3D models clipping with the hull. This combined with the issues with the gun 3D models results in the guns sticking out an excessive amount.

Illustrated below:

VqXXacC.jpg

oP1ZrMA.jpg

rq1FFcO.jpg

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/a/eJQEK

indefat with 24lb longs look fine to me after looking at pictures of the connie and sorts

Yes it's only some ships which suffer, not all.  

The reasons for this are:

1. Inconsistencies with the 3D model of the guns (too thick a barrel, incorrect trunnion/carriage placement etc)

2. Too thin a hull thickness

3. Incorrect placement of the guns (clipping with the hull)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 1:32 PM, Sir. Cunningham said:

No'ones getting ahead of themselves, you simply don't see it on rated ships. I've never seen the guns stick out as much as they often do ingame on any period painting by Nicholas Pocock, J.M.W. Turner, George Chambers etc etc...

Also you use the Trinc as an example, but with long guns ingame even that seems to have them stick out further than on the real thing. But the real issue is with rated ships ingame, not the frigates.

Perhaps the issue is the size of the guns ingame in scale, I'm not sure? But it definitely doesn't look right.

Historically you never see it on rated ships:

HZmeNoS.jpg

pwi5NsY.jpg

ZDTPfWu.jpg

7No3QJ8.jpg

Btw I'm sorry for bringing this up yet again but as a history major it just annoys the living daylight out of me and really kills the immersion >.<

Teleporting must really be painful. We are still in Alpha, give them some time.

2 hours ago, CubanB said:

Teleporting must really be painful. We are still in Alpha, give them some time.

Odd comment.... 

You do realize what a forum is for right? To bring up & discuss things that you would like to see changed or added amongst many other things. 

Also no'one was hurrying them to do this right away, the acknowledgement that something would be done about it eventually was all that was asked for, and the devs have already provided changes. In other words nobody's complaining atm as the devs are delivering as pr. usual.

Edited by Sir. Cunningham

Oddly enough now the Bucentaure's guns are little mismatched (very long upper, short middle, appropiate lower) :D But I trust all this will be corrected as we come along considering the devs are obviously working on the guns of various ships atm, so I'm not really worried about it.