Game-Labs Forum
admin

Important october patch information

The Patch is now updating. 

See full explanation and list of changes at:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16932-patch-996-new-conquest-new-trading-new-ships-and-other-things/

For the Devs:  (Applause).

"Lieutenant, we shall beat to quarters."

(drum roll)

~ Hardy Knox, Captain ~

Yankee Trader and US Coast Guard Militia

PvP One EU

600+ hours and counting!

FFS, this patch contains several great features for PvE and solo players.

Now you have all sort of delivery quest content if you want to spend your time trading, more options for specialization if you want to sell ships on the market, more variety for making prizes of AI on the OW...

Don't care much for the regional ship crafting bonuses. Don't see why where the ship was crafted should have any bearing on it's capabilities. Sounds too arcade game like.

Also, while the rookie zone is a good concept, would prefer it be further south in the Bahamas. Perhaps in the regions flanking Shroud Cay, so that the U.S. doesn't have every nation in game with a nation port right on it's door step.

But otherwise the changes sound pretty nice.

They are on on the doorstep, but in light ships.  No big ships in the Islands.  Not much you can do with a light ship fleet in a deep water area.

They are on on the doorstep, but in light ships.  No big ships in the Islands.  Not much you can do with a light ship fleet in a deep water area.

I think you will find quite a few french Indiamans/LGVs who will complain quite a bit about my Rattlesnake and their smaller ships about my privateer(and sometimes Surprise but that is obviously not for the discussed region)! I might not hit 1st rates but 5th rates are def fair game. Lucky for the US I am their ally however this area is a serious threat that they won't be able to deal with should nations exploit it.

Just capped an LGV with goods 200 times the capacity of the ship, couldn't take them home.

200 times of the LGV, or 200 times your ship?  

The way to get all the goods used to be you had to jump on the captured ship and sail it to port.

Agree 100% that the changes are a step in the right direction.  Definitely requires more testing and "tweaking," but don't overreact, it's great so far!

Let's move this discussion over to the official core feedback thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16932-patch-996-new-conquest-new-trading-new-ships-and-other-things

You can also provide more targeted feedback in special stickied threads in the Open World and Combat Mechanics forums.