Game-Labs Forum

Important october patch information

[*]Crafting ships in some regions will give them regional bonuses. Controlling certain regions will become more important if you want that particular bonus for the vessel. Capital regions will not give bonuses.

• [*]Endymion

[*]Indefatigable

[*]Both ships basic hulls were made by Ragnar Hairy Trousers (community member) and adapted by Game Labs artists.

[*]With these two ships we will test 1 durability viability. As a result these ships will only be added to NPCs fleets and will have to be found on the OW. 

Will OW AI ships be able to be found in different qualities, as if they had been crafted?

A lot of these changes have some promise. I like it with my initial thoughts. Was initially against the 100%/48hr port battle mechanic, but I think it'll be for the better!

New port system will immediately show players where the action is because the number of port battles and hostility zones is limited and nation can have a limited number of port battles set up.

will it be something that shows on the map where action is happening? when we say limited number of port battles per nation, would we be able to know the number...1? 2?

Any word on Heavy Rattle, Agamemnon, and L'Ocean being unlockable BPs now?

• Like 4

Ship Crafting

• Quality of the ship will increase certain stats of the ships. good
  • New resources will be required to craft exceptional ships good
  • Crafting ships in some regions will give them regional bonuses. Controlling certain regions will become more important if you want that particular bonus for the vessel. Capital regions will not give bonuses. no!

Why it is needed?! Regional resources could replace 3 paragraph. No shipyards on a not home water!

• Like 2

It reeaally annoys me that lvl 50 crafters can't craft all the ships ingame and has no real method (that makes just a little sense) to get the BPs... 

Invisibility on battlescreen exit, no reinforcements outside of the pull-in circle, and PvE missions being open for an infinite amount of time.

Sounds like a gankers' wet dream. As if facehugging with carronade belle poules wasn't easy enough as it is.

I like the idea to give regions crafting advantages for a special kind of ship. I additionaly like the idea to "force" people to build their ships in "not safe" szones when they want those.

BUT here I just see nothing regarded to the clan warehouse - Do you keep on this bank transfere kind? THIS HAS TO CHANGE!!!

I also see the "special" events listed anywere - Are they gone now or will they come back?

The question I also see here is: Will there be any "landlord" like announced before? 

Everything else seems pretty nice - Cant wait to see this!

Is the Indefatigable the line-ship or the rebuild frigate?

Oh.....my.....God..........this is a friggen awesome patch upgrade !  Love it !

Devs, there are so many changes you better put on your F11 reading glasses, I'm sure you'll see a wave here.  :P

The only thing that seems weird to me is the testing of the newb rookie region,  Unfortunately since we are testing it'll likely be all experienced players testing this, so I'm not sure other than the map and ROE change how our testing can help us out here?

This is an awesome step up in this game.  Lots of players may return to test this one out.  ;)

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 4

Very exited! ! Still not clear on how this new tagging system will work. If the second circle pulls everything in then why do we need the first circle?

The only other thing im curious to test is coastal defense helping trade ships since ships pretty much never leave the coast anymore and ports are basically stacked on top of each other it means again the solo hunter or pirate is having to do unhistorical style fight.

Will be fun to test though and thanks for the heads up !

• Like 1

Hostility will be generated by PVP (major impact), PVE (minor impact), Missions (minor impact), and War effort supplies deliveries (minor impact).

So how can hostility be countered via PvP?

If the defenders send their own fleets to contest the hostile fleets, is a certain margin of victory required to reduce hostility?

If the two sides each sink 5 SoLs, does hostility go up or down? Do the defenders need to drive off the hostiles entirely, allowing levels to fall over time (and helped by deliveries and missions)?

Please people pvp with 1 dura ships all the time. 

I do 90% of my PvP in a captured ship that I've already decided to lose in advance. It means not mounting mods, though.

• Like 2

Patch looks very very promising.  A couple of requests:

• Craftable upgrades are very expensive to make.  If we lower the impact of upgrades, can their cost be lowered - at least for the permanent ones?
  • Can we get to craft certain of the newer upgrades as well?  Example: Studding Sails, Stay Sails,...
Edited by TaranisPrime
  • Like 6

Ship Crafting

• Quality of the ship will increase certain stats of the ships. 
  • New resources will be required to craft exceptional ships
  • Crafting ships in some regions will give them regional bonuses. Controlling certain regions will become more important if you want that particular bonus for the vessel. Capital regions will not give bonuses.

Upgrades

• Role of upgrades will be reduces, importance of ship qualities will be increased. 
  • Some regular upgrades will become permanent

Crafting:

Regional bonuses, nice idea for PvP, but will this also be implemented on PvE? 

I mean on one hand, it would increase inter-nation trades, but most likely turn out to be a clear advantage for some, and not others.

Role of upgrades reduced... How would this be done? 

And do we risk that the nice, Gold, impossible-to-get upgrades, that we searched after for ever and ever, and ended up paying an arm, a first born, two tickets to the next Star Wars movie, and a small beach house in Boa Boa, for, will be nerfed to the extent that they are worthless, and worse still.. useless?

Some regular upgrades become permanent ones? 

Is it to much to ask for a list?

Also Indian towns are listed on the map, will this be a new nation, or will they function as neutral towns?

/wazzah

If the two sides each sink 5 SoLs, does hostility go up or down? Do the defenders need to drive off the hostiles entirely, allowing levels to fall over time (and helped by deliveries and missions)?

Hostility drops every day by a certain amount - so if attacking nation does nothing the region will eventually become peaceful. 

If both sides in a battle lose 5 sols the effect on hostility will be somewhat neutral (but we implemented modifiers to provide some advantage to one of the sides if necessary to find the right balance). 

• Like 6

Hello Captains

Here is the brief description for the content patch that will come in October.

We are going to be testing multiple things in the patch.

Delivery orders

• Still no ship deliveries. Shame 

Trading and resources

• [...]
  • Trader tools are integrated into the client. They will help adventurous traders to find good deals in the Caribbean. They might also help privateers to see where people might be going for good deals. Nice

Ship Crafting

• Quality of the ship will increase certain stats of the ships. Nice
  • New resources will be required to craft exceptional ships. If you implement it like the failed test, then please no! Not unless all nations have the same frigging opportunities.
  • Crafting ships in some regions will give them regional bonuses. Controlling certain regions will become more important if you want that particular bonus for the vessel. Capital regions will not give bonuses. Need better tools for this, like multiple clan warehouses and deliveries between them.

Upgrades

• Mostly nice

Perks 

• Some perks will be rebalanced. Perks giving drastic advantages will be adjusted (for example pump inventor). Will see. Will perks stay free to reset?

ROE

• We will be testing several options in ROE. This might upset some users but it have to be done before release (will be impossible after).
  • Open world battles: 2 circles system will be added. 1 tag circle for attack and 1 large circle for pull. Battles will close instantly on start (except for rookie zones) How big is pull circle? All ships in sight of the tag?
  • Rookie zones battles. Battles always start 1v1. Battle will be opened until BR evens out. 
  • Hostility missions: Battle will be opened all the time. Is this a special type of mission? will normal npc missions be open too?
  • Invisibility timer might be added on battle exit to allow some breathing space against revenge ganking Sounds bad.
  • OW NPC fleets will no longer count for 5X anti griefing protection. Only players will affect that rating
  • Crew size will lower battle rating of your fleet. Example (numbers are for illustration only): If sail a cutter with 2 Bucentaures in your fleet with 40 crew on each - you will fleet will be valued as 3 cutters for ROE. Sounds like a 40 crew Buc is actually a lot more worthless than a cutter

Mission changes.

• Missions can be taken for every region from any port. So missions are bound to a region? And you can take these missions for every region from every port?
  • Missions will generate or reduce hostility - thus enemy should be able to influence the flow of events. Because of that missions will always be open for entry for all sides until 25v25 is reached. Sucks if this is for normal missions as well. say goodby to PVE in home waters....

Port battles and conquest

• Port battles (instance) will not change as forts took too much time. Awwwww
  • Port battle set up system will change significantly. Port battles will automatically arrange 48 hours after hostility level reaches 100%. Hostility will be generated by PVP (major impact), PVE (minor impact), Missions (minor impact), and War effort supplies deliveries (minor impact). Port battles will be a national effort and will require coordinated work of several fleets. Still like the idea, will have to see if i like the implementation and how quickly ppl will find ways to abuse them.
  • Assault flag will be removed. great
  • Alliances will receive their final 3 week length. Will there still be this stupid mismatch between end of existing alliance and new voting round (kicking nations out of alliance every 3 weeks?) And did you guys even read the threads about the need to be able to actually END a war?

Port and coastline defenses

• sounds cool

Two new ships will be added 

• Endymion
  • Indefatigable Been waiting for this ship!
  • Both ships basic hulls were made by Ragnar Hairy Trousers (community member) and adapted by Game Labs artists.Great job there!
  • With these two ships we will test 1 durability viability. As a result these ships will only be added to NPCs fleets and will have to be found on the OW. What does this even mean? These new ships will have only 1 dura? What does that have to do with NPC? How do you think we can test ships if we can't craft them? Any info on hvy rattle, aga and ocean BPs? 

A lot of other minor changes, improvements and additions like surrender during boarding, crew colliders standardization, and lots of fixed bugs. Active testing stage will start this week and if everything is ok patch will be deployed within 10-15 days.

Will edit if we forgot to add anything. Feel free to remind us as well. 

Discuss.

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 2

Port and coastline defenses

• Large forts and towers will be added around ports. The number will depend on the island and coast line size.
  • Forts will fire at enemies of the state and can provide good protection for traders and small groups.

Such question and example:

I sail trader ship with a smuggler flag. I come in some enemy port, forts don't attack me, right?

I come out from this port and some enemy patrol ships attack me at this moment. How will the forts behave in this situation? Will they attack me too?

• Like 1

Two new ships will be added 

• Endymion
  • Indefatigable
  • Both ships basic hulls were made by Ragnar Hairy Trousers (community member) and adapted by Game Labs artists.
  • With these two ships we will test 1 durability viability. As a result these ships will only be added to NPCs fleets and will have to be found on the OW. 

dura 1 is not a viable option....

1)  It's not that long ago that cheap dura 1 powerfull ships (capped 3rd rates) ruined the game and were removed. So why bring that back ? To ruin the game again ?

2) for the reason I already posted elsewhere.

loosing a dura 1 ship means loss of upgrades as well (and loss of 1 life of the officer). Current support politics is: Ships lost due to a bug are not reimbursed. I lost a Santi incl full set of upgrades due to a bug in boarding mechanics, my levelling partner lost his Victory on the day of the ramming bug. Reason enough for me to sail a 2nd rate myself. Reduce the Buccentaure(Indiaman, Constitution etc etc)  to dura 1 and loose it (and its upgrades) to the next bug or exploit ?? No thank you !

Also the question remains: what if you break such a ship ? is there a chance to get its BP and than craft a full dura one ?

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 2

Do not like the idea of the regional advantages or the attempt to make people build ships outside of the capital areas. If I read this correctly any mission you take will become an open invitation to the gank squads, if the missions are close to areas able to reinforce you this would be good, otherwise you will be raped by large groups joining missions with no hope of reinforcement  in time. Is anything being done about all the high level missions in shallow areas which are populated by NPC ships which aren't capable of entering those areas.

I like the fortifications, though the idea of one durability coupled with ships becoming harder to produce is going to stifle PVP.

How big will the join circle be for combat? This seems on the face of it to play right into the hands of the gank squads unless it is a big circle indeed.

Overall it seems like some worthwhile changes.

It's not that long ago that cheap dura 1 powerfull ships (capped 3rd rates) ruined the game and were removed. So why bring that back ? To ruin the game again ?

That had absolutely nothing to do with durability and everything to do with the fact that they were free.

The experiment is to test 1 durability ships. No one is proposing a capture-only source of vessels in the long term (except for pirates, I would hope).

• Like 2

dura 1 is not a viable option....

1)  It's not that long ago that cheap dura 1 powerfull ships (capped 3rd rates) ruined the game and were removed. So why bring that back ? To ruin the game again ?

2) for the reason I already posted elsewhere.

Also the question remains: what if you break such a ship ? is there a chance to get its BP and than craft a full dura one ?

Its a Frigate not a 3rd... This is totaly different!

Does this mean that we can expect the patch within the next days?