Game-Labs Forum

New Playable Nation: Portugal (pvp2 clan)

Okay, so the czek navy thread inspired me to do something similar. Portugal was a big part of early naval exploration and colonization. While it was not a big player in the west indies in the 18th century it was a ally of Britain and could very well have shown its presence in support of Britain.

So i thought why not get Portugal into the game and allow her fleet to assist her ally Britain in pvp2. 

For those who think Portugal should be in the game, rest easy now she is :)

Maybe we have Portuguese players , you are welcome to join your nation now. 

Or for those who want a casual mix of pve, pvp game play that is what i plan to focus this clan on. 

Now lets just hope we get Carracks and Galleons in the game and perhaps even allow clan flags so we can fly the Portuguese flag, how cool would that be. (We were able to do that in POTBS Devs.. nudge wink)

A Marinha Portugues!

qQnp9fO.jpg

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 2

Carracks and Galleons (as we know them) won't make an appearance.  Archaic galleon designs were long a subject of debate, at times rather contested.  However, the devs have made their timeline rather firm, and carracks is usually greeted with a smile and quiet mirth at such a suggestion.  I'm totally with Portugal being ingame but I don't think we'll see the nation until the devs, if they ever decide to expand, open up new areas of play.  Main reason I can see Portugal not having influence in the current map is here:

Treaty of Tordesillas

However, creation of a Portuguese guild in support of the British is totally awesome, perhaps one day you can fly the Portuguese naval ensign ;)

Good luck in your new venture Rebel!

Edited by Haratik

Portuguese do give the "discretion is the best part of valour" its entire value especially during the NA timeframe in History.

Best of luck with the group Rebel Witch. I am very sure there are a few portuguese playing the game but we just like to mingle.

• Like 1

Carracks and Galleons (as we know them) won't make an appearance.  Archaic galleon designs were long a subject of debate, at times rather contested.  However, the devs have made their timeline rather firm, and carracks is usually greeted with a smile and quiet mirth at such a suggestion.  I'm totally with Portugal being ingame but I don't think we'll see the nation until the devs, if they ever decide to expand, open up new areas of play.  Main reason I can see Portugal not having influence in the current map is here:

Treaty of Tordesillas

However, creation of a Portuguese guild in support of the British is totally awesome, perhaps one day you can fly the Portuguese naval ensign ;)

Good luck in your new venture Rebel!

The Treaty of Tordesillas is pretty much just a papal decree (from a rather useless one at that) it had fuck all true legal binding and wasn't actually enforced - it was a voluntary agreement that was nonetheless constantly broken (look at the size of Brazil!!!) and Portugal was a major seafaring power at least in the early times but still durign the timeframe of this game. A simple example for that was the evacuation of the entire Portuguese court towards Brazil when French forces invaded (though with some help of the British). In the South of the Americas was a major Portuguese/later Brazilian military presence and their traders were active all the way up to North America as the Treaty of Tordesillas doesn't actually govern naval movements and became useless as soon as other powers entered the Americas - quite honestly I never understood why the Neutral nation wasn't just Portugal in the first place - understandably not 100% neutral but their interests in the North were only of trade.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

The Treaty of Tordesillas is pretty much just a papal decree (from a rather useless one at that) it had fuck all true legal binding and wasn't actually enforced - it was a voluntary agreement that was nonetheless constantly broken (look at the size of Brazil!!!) and Portugal was a major seafaring power at least in the early times but still durign the timeframe of this game. A simple example for that was the evacuation of the entire Portuguese court towards Brazil when French forces invaded (though with some help of the British). In the South of the Americas was a major Portuguese/later Brazilian military presence and their traders were active all the way up to North America as the Treaty of Tordesillas doesn't actually govern naval movements and became useless as soon as other powers entered the Americas - quite honestly I never understood why the Neutral nation wasn't just Portugal in the first place - understandably not 100% neutral but their interests in the North were only of trade.

But the region of South America that was settled by Portugal does not factor into this map and I really did not think I needed to post this to prove it:

Treaty of Madrid

• 1 year later...

First thread that I have to agree on and after reading some of the comments, I now know that I'm not the only one that wanted the Portuguese nation to be a part of Naval Action, it would be really nice to see that in-game. I'm also looking for a group or inspired to make one role playing the Portugueses or something similar to that, if anyone is interested, Brazilian or Portuguese, can send me a message in private and we'll discuss further more about it.

PS: Sorry for digging such an old thread out of nowhere, just thought it would've been more gently to use one rather than create a new one with the same content.

Quero muito que tenha a nação de Portugal no jogo, seria muito.