Game-Labs Forum

Move PvP1 to a server more playable by Australians

Now first some background. I play on both pvp1 and pvp2. I play both with Australian players so at least some Aussies can now use PvP1. I think it is better game when US time zone players > 300. With the size of the map this seems to work better. When Pvp1 has this number or greater the possibilities of game play are enough to utilize it to the intent.

Playing pvp2 this past week has shown population issues are stifling play there and it seems poor connection to pvp1 is holding the players back. Currently the nations are polarized. Many complaints in global of undefended port battles. Almost the entire eastern Antilles ports are set to Euro port battle times making the area useless to French and swede player base for conquest play. More than one nation has less than 4 ports and the two polarized power teams seem to be zergs by percentage of active players.

Having played both servers I can't see pvp2 comparing to peak time pvp1 play. These players deserve better. There must be a way to get a server we can all play on with good connections world wide.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there isn't.

You can place the server where it is optimal but there will still be ping issues from different parts of the world.

True, but the point is that there may be a better provider for players overall.  This may require some european players to have a slightly worse ping.  As many will attest, the game is quite playable with pings up to 230ish...  

Actually there is a way

Server is placed at the centre of the earth with direct links for all. :P

sorry had to be said our world is round where ever you place the server some one will not be happy about the connection they have to the server. I live in the UK and like the fact I have nice low ping for a change but I also understand where the op is coming from. I also know several Aussies that play this game and rarely do I hear them complain about ping or lag.

Pvp2 players have been saying it for ages. Two Solutions: 1 announce and let all people on pvp1 who wish to go to pvp2 for better ping transfer. 2 combine all servers in the US server. Its in the middle for everyone and excludes nobody.

Oddly this most logical answere seems to be the one met with the most resistance since day one.

I look forward to whatever plan you come up with that is the most fair for everyone.

On the other hand the people who have the most problem with the pvp2 population is the pvp1 players. I dont get this.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

Pvp2 players have been saying it for ages. Two Solutions: 1 announce and let all people on pvp1 who wish to go to pvp2 for better ping transfer. 2 combine all servers in the US server. Its in the middle for everyone and excludes nobody.

Oddly this most logical answere seems to be the one met with the most resistance since day one.

I look forward to whatever plan you come up with that is the most fair for everyone.

On the other hand the people who have the most problem with the pvp2 population is the pvp1 players. I dont get this.

Thing is though, many online games have their "main" servers in the US. So a lot of EU players are happy that for once, they are not in "second row"

Not that i am saying i have any sort of solution that have not already been suggested

Thing is though, many online games have their "main" servers in the US. So a lot of EU players are happy that for once, they are not in "second row"

Not that i am saying i have any sort of solution that have not already been suggested

Could be worse since this is a russian game we culd be in Russia.  I have alpha/beta tested other russian games and played on Russian servers.....it wasn't fun so I was happy when they released the games and it was put on multi servers world wide.   Hell I been in asia and had better ping on US servers than game servers made for asia/aus players.  So the location isn't exactly the best thing all the time, it's the service of the provider.  Who ever we have for PvP2 right now seems to be having a lot of lag issues.  I notice the guys that are us and don't complain about PvP1 ping are all east coast players.   Hell I'm bias I think the server should be central US (made my TS server there for another game clan I'm in).   As you get further and further from the east cost our ping goes up. I'm sorry guys saying 300+ ping is playable must not do big Port Battles or a lot of PvP cause I can notice the performance of the game change big time from PvP1 and PvP2 when in such battles. I started on PvP1 cause of the bigger population but moved more to PvP2 cause of better battle times and well the players.

To be honest I bet if they do a one time transfer either way (not just PvP2 to PvP1) it would prob help the numbers.  I deleted my char on PvP1 to play around as a pirate before I went Pirate on PvP2.  I have since deleted him again and made him a National again.   So really with the game release wipe and such why can't folks just get it in there head your going to lose all that gold and ships any way when the game is released so let it go and move to the server that best suits your time zone and play.

you say it as though the PvP1 players were never PvP2 players.

a good number of US based PvP1 players are originally PvP2 players who, at the time, were promised by the Devs a Merge would come. Since then the Devs have rescinded their announcement and done a 180 on it. So now you have a lot of PvP2 players who went to PvP1 on the notion that the server would merge left there.

Whether they now enjoy the PvP1 server more or not is moot in my opinion. It is the time I spent over there with assets that I have that I now wish to be transferred back to PvP2. I know a number of folks who would love an asset transfer option. No matter what you think, because of the higher population on PvP1 I largely found it easier to find players and enjoy more PvP.

If the players who played on PvP2 that moved to PvP1 had an option to bring everything they owned back to PvP2, I bet you would get a sizable portion of players who would enjoy that very much.

• Like 1

Im only pointing out the obvious in my face solution to his questions.

Pvp1 players are obsessed with merging the servers so to be the most fair for all players would be a US server.

If it was up to me i would leave the 2 separate servers so everyone can choose what fits them best. Unfortunately this seems to be the one thing pvp1 players and the devs wont settle for.

As its sits now after admins latest post on the matter is the servers will be merged into the European server and just settle for losing those players in the Americas and Asia Pacific that cant keep or get a stable connection.

Ill just be glad when its all finished and i and others find out if we can play on a equal playing field or if we should move on to a fair game where devs take all players into account.

Release cant come fast enough lol.

you say it as though the PvP1 players were never PvP2 players.

a good number of US based PvP1 players are originally PvP2 players who, at the time, were promised by the Devs a Merge would come. Since then the Devs have rescinded their announcement and done a 180 on it. So now you have a lot of PvP2 players who went to PvP1 on the notion that the server would merge left there.

Whether they now enjoy the PvP1 server more or not is moot in my opinion. It is the time I spent over there with assets that I have that I now wish to be transferred back to PvP2. I know a number of folks who would love an asset transfer option. No matter what you think, because of the higher population on PvP1 I largely found it easier to find players and enjoy more PvP.

If the players who played on PvP2 that moved to PvP1 had an option to bring everything they owned back to PvP2, I bet you would get a sizable portion of players who would enjoy that very much.

Thats why I said let pvp1 players move thier stuff back to pvp2. We (pvp2 players who use the forums) have mentioned this a hundred times that so many players left our server because of a rumor but now cant come back.

Again the best solution (that several pvp2 players have mentioned ) is to allow a server swap but again this seems to be unacceptable to so many pvp1 players and the devs now too.

I just want it over soon so i can stop wasting my time on this game if im not going to be able to play after release.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

Thats why I said let pvp1 players move thier stuff back to pvp2. We (pvp2 players who use the forums) have mentioned this a hundred times that so many players left our server because of a rumor but now cant come back.

Again the best solution (that several pvp2 players have mentioned ) is to allow a server swap but again this seems to be unacceptable to so many pvp1 players and the devs now too.

I just want it over soon so i can stop wasting my time on this game if im not going to be able to play after release.

Just curious have you played on PVP1 and if so what was your ping? Did you have noticeable lag from it?

Are even stop making LABOR shared across all three servers.  I would love to play say a National on PvP1 and my pirate on PvP2 so I have a char I can go play when it's slow late at night, but I can't do anything with my PvP1 char craft wise cause my labor hours are locked across the board.   Hell I even pop onto PvE once in a while just to test things but I can't do any crafting thre either or I'll burn my main crafting hours on my main char.   I think if they do this it will give more folks freedom to play on both servers if they won't do the transfers.

I can say 80% of the time my ping stays around 140-160ms.   But the other 20% of the time it will spike to over 500ms.  

I am US East coast based.

I'm Central US (TEXAS)  and I get a pretty solid 50-60ms ping on PvP2.  I started on PvP1 but switcehd over when they split it.  When I do go over there I'm seeing around 130-140 ping on average with spikes up to 400-500ms.  It's even worse on the PvE server for some reason.  Was over there goofing around early this week and in a fleet I could fire and swewar I had about a 1-3 second delay on most my guns as it keep spiking to the 300-400 rang.

Just curious have you played on PVP1 and if so what was your ping? Did you have noticeable lag from it?

Usually around 200-400 but it jumps much more than i like and i get frequent spikes over 1000. Ive tries pvp1 a couple times and tje biggest thing like others have mentioned is that when you fire or click or whatever there is a delay in the action.

It gets to where you have to pre fire in a guess sont fires at tje right time but then if he turns or does anything it throws it off. Boarding is impossible and then the random spikes screw everything up.

Its enough that its not fun to play and I would rathr watch tv then lose ever fight because of timing.

If a player nwver knew how good ping felt they may settle for sub par playing but the games not that important to me tjat ill play with crap service.

Like many of us have said before. Why is it so bad of us to want a fair and fun server ? Hw does that hurt anyone ?

Edited by Mrdoomed

set the ping argument off to the side for a minute.

We need about 300+ population around the 24hour clock to make an 8 nation map the size of the Carribean work well enough to fully utilize most of the game function in average sand box game play. Pvp2 last night was running 114 prime time pct. at the same time pvp1 was running 144. During euro time pvp1 runs >500 weekdays and near 1000 on weekends. Pvp2 runs about 64 euro time and probably about 200-300 weekends.

The factors are population. Size of play area and number of nations. If pvp2 were shrunk down to the comparable size of either the Baltic or Persian seas and reduced to x4 nations it would work just fine with 114 players prime time. Similarly if we tried to do a Medteranian map of the same scale we would want about 600 players around he clock and could even increase the number of nations.

So if ping can not be resolved to the satisfaction of all the Devs could theoretically just change to US time zone map to a smaller sea. Probably not as practical as just getting a better overall average ping and merging the player base into the one Carribean map.

I don't have a ping problem on either server. But on pvp2 I can sail for two straight hours in the eastern Antilles and only saw two other players. Both were allies. Meaning if I stay on pvp2 for OW PvP it's far better to play pirate vs. national. Might also be part of the reason more ratio of players want to be pirates there.

Edited by Bach

Usually around 200-400 but it jumps much more than i like and i get frequent spikes over 1000. Ive tries pvp1 a couple times and tje biggest thing like others have mentioned is that when you fire or click or whatever there is a delay in the action.

It gets to where you have to pre fire in a guess sont fires at tje right time but then if he turns or does anything it throws it off. Boarding is impossible and then the random spikes screw everything up.

Its enough that its not fun to play and I would rathr watch tv then lose ever fight because of timing.

If a player nwver knew how good ping felt they may settle for sub par playing but the games not that important to me tjat ill play with crap service.

Like many of us have said before. Why is it so bad of us to want a fair and fun server ? Hw does that hurt anyone ?

Okay fair enough. Those are ping numbers that the Aussies have to deal with!

I can say 80% of the time my ping stays around 140-160ms.   But the other 20% of the time it will spike to over 500ms.  

I am US East coast based.

Okay so I am also on the East coast and I usually get 100-120ms. The only time I had over 200ms was just before a server crash!

With all the different numbers I see it would seem that there are factors other than simply distance to the server, like ISP connection speed and bandwidth, etc. that go into ping and lag.

Over the summer I had problems with serious lag and stuttering especially in large port battles and when sailing the Rattler - turned out that my system was overheating. Other than that at my usual ping I don't see a problem. On the other hand I have noticed lag at times playing WT on the EU server especially when being hit by autocannons.

Hopefully there is a solution so people can play on the server that works best for them.

• 2 weeks later...

True, but the point is that there may be a better provider for players overall.  This may require some european players to have a slightly worse ping.  As many will attest, the game is quite playable with pings up to 230ish...  

you know pvp1 is 90% europeans right? so we gonna put 9/10 players at 230 ping? the server whould be empty in a week. and yes, 230 ping is beyond horrible..

you know pvp1 is 90% europeans right? so we gonna put 9/10 players at 230 ping? the server whould be empty in a week. and yes, 230 ping is beyond horrible..

Exactly. High ping IS unplayable unless you really just dont care if you lose every fight or cant board or just love the screen freezes and such.

You guys who say you " play with a 400 ping all the timeñ i just wonder the validity of your statement or the manner in which you play.

Exactly. High ping IS unplayable unless you really just dont care if you lose every fight or cant board or just love the screen freezes and such.

You guys who say you " play with a 400 ping all the timeñ i just wonder the validity of your statement or the manner in which you play.

i understand you want better ping, but they have to take into consideration the rest of the players. if the bulk of the players have high ping the server population will go down, to fix this they whould have to add an australian server, problem is there is not an audience big enough to do that for economocal reasons. i understand what you ment, but they can't just move away the EU server to australia can they?

i understand you want better ping, but they have to take into consideration the rest of the players. if the bulk of the players have high ping the server population will go down, to fix this they whould have to add an australian server, problem is there is not an audience big enough to do that for economocal reasons. i understand what you ment, but they can't just move away the EU server to australia can they?

Nope they cant. They can either leave it as is or move the server to the US which is in the middle of all regions.