Game-Labs Forum

Hidden (temporary) Outposts

Got that idea:

Player can be able set hidden outpost (lair/den) at maximum of 3:

Rules and specification
* the lair will be total stealth and no other player can see it;

* maximum cargo can be the same of the ship that player was sailing when built it;

* only one ship can be docked at there at time;
* player can switch beween lairs/dens the same way alreay exists with outposts, but to dock on wen on OW, he needs to find them by the exact coordinates;

* dont need to be exclusive to pirates and all players can set one the same way. By example, when you going in a trip and see that the route is not safe, you just set one along the way to empty your cargo to get back later;

* It is temporary and if you dont come back within a certain amount of time it becomes "public" and any other player can find it and loot it;

* to find a lost hidden outpost, the officer need a special perk: explorer or treasure hunter;

* with the perk, the player sail around coasts (very close) and when he find a hidden lair a pop up window blinks to the player and he docks there to loot the goodies.

It will be nice if other players improve the idea with more sugestions.
Edited by Roche Brasiliano
  • Like 3

I like the initial idea a lot. Would be a perfect fit for those who belong to the pirate nation.

Idea: Maybe just one secret outpost at a time? Not sure about needing an officer perk to reveal hidden outposts, but yes, there should be some method of discovering them. 

I like it! 

• Like 1

After giving this some thought, here's an idea for discovering the hidden outposts.

Since the owner has the advantage of his outpost not being seen on the map, the trade off is this: Instead of an 'area of protection' and 'invisibility timer' around the outpost (as nation ports currently have) the 'area of protection' is instead, an 'area of detection' with 'no invisibility timer'. If the owner of the hidden outpost pops out and is seen and tagged within his area of detection, his outpost is revealed. This would make the choice of location for the hidden lair all the more critical.

This would be a great feature for pirates if and when they are reworked. If they are not reworked and remain just another nation, then it should be available for all nations players. But really, this has pirate written all over it.

• Like 1

And of course awesome for pirates but it seems like pirates might just be a nation without alliances. That's why I'm looking forward to outlaws. I'm all for a pirate rework. :)

Im looking forward to it too but it really bugs me im gonna be called an outlaw and not a pirate(which is what I am ) because somehow national players have claimed that title.

These black flag nationals, as they have been coined, should be the ones who get a name and faction change. Call them brigands, vikings, marauders or whatever but dont call them pirates and us outlaw cuz we ( who play like Anne, heath ect do) are pirates not outlaws.

And yes pirates hide outs i something ive ask for several times. Even if its something that is in a national port but we have an underground political scheme in the same port undermining what the governor is doing that keeps the port pirate friendly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant idea, Roche Brasiliano!

Although I'm not sailing as one, I think it should be given only to the PIRATES.

Pirates hide stash and treasures.

Maybe one thing could be added: if anyone secretly watches a Pirate ship stopping at some townless spot

on a coast for some time, he might be able to search for stash near that point, after the trader left?

Maybe he has to activate "SEARCH FOR TREASURE", and can then try to hit the exact coordinates within a given time (say, 5 minutes or so?).

After that, the search can only be re-activated again one hour (or so) later.

If he hits the correct point, he can take the stash into his ship - if he has enough cargo space for it.

But what is that about OUTLAWS ? Never heard of that yet?

• Like 1

Brilliant idea, Roche Brasiliano!

Although I'm not sailing as one, I think it should be given only to the PIRATES.

Pirates hide stash and treasures.

Maybe one thing could be added: if anyone secretly watches a Pirate ship stopping at some townless spot

on a coast for some time, he might be able to search for stash near that point, after the trader left?

Maybe he has to activate "SEARCH FOR TREASURE", and can then try to hit the exact coordinates within a given time (say, 5 minutes or so?).

After that, the search can only be re-activated again one hour (or so) later.

If he hits the correct point, he can take the stash into his ship - if he has enough cargo space for it.

But what is that about OUTLAWS ? Never heard of that yet?

Indeed, something like search for treasure can be a cool stuff! Thanks for the idea. I think it will be a great thing to hide treasures and seek for them.

About the outlaws, im waiting for, but looks like it is not the a priority to devs right now...