Game-Labs Forum

Privateer cant attack bigger traders

i encountered a problem that the privateer canot attack a Le Gros Ventre, it spoiled my fun alot. but at the same time everything with higher br can attack you

She or He had a rattle in hers or his fleet, therfor incrased the fleet BR to a amount a privateer cant attack anymore.

My question for gameplay porpose, is that situation ok?

give me your opinions

Edited by Fuzzyhead12
  • Like 1

Yeah, nothing like a player Trinco with 2 Trincos in fleet to get the blood boiling.

We plan to add a fleet organization penalty some time in the future. 

Where each ship added to a fleet will lower overall speed in OW and Instance, to replicate some speed loss due to station keeping requirements. 

This will not affect pve players or those who need them for pure defensive purpose, but will make them a lot less useful for ganking fast offensive operations. 

• Like 5

Where each ship added to a fleet will lower overall speed in OW and Instance, to replicate some speed loss due to station keeping requirements. 

This will not affect pve players or those who need them for pure defensive purpose, but will make them a lot less useful for ganking fast offensive operations. 

then you need to remove the BR diffrence for  traders, also i would love to see some more front and aft rigged ships, or some Barqes

• Like 2

Sounds good.

While you're adjusting fleets, could you allow us to give orders to the bots that end up in our instances?

I know that access to the full range of orders would be unbalanced, but at least allow us to instruct allied NPCs to shoot chain. It really sucks when an AI 1st Rate sinks the indiaman you are trying to capture.

Sounds good.

While you're adjusting fleets, could you allow us to give orders to the bots that end up in our instances?

I know that access to the full range of orders would be unbalanced, but at least allow us to instruct allied NPCs to shoot chain. It really sucks when an AI 1st Rate sinks the indiaman you are trying to capture.

it was allowed some time ago.. but then people started giving them stop command and farmed them to death))

• Like 1

it was allowed some time ago.. but then people started giving them stop command and farmed them to death))

could we do something like distance based? You cant use "stop" on normal AI but when you use chain, they only shot chain from far always and if people get close to like 300m of AIs, they will shot balls. Hell, give them install ball loading as well for good measure. So that people cant just tell them to shot chain while their "friends" from other nations get close to them and kill them with balls. 

That's what I meant. Disallow movement commands, but allow chainshot. Just so they don't sink all the prizes.

Agree 100%. Maybe even a "cease fire" order. Very annoying to be in a solo fleet battle and as you are boarding that frigate you really want to cap, the bots are circling at 50 yards pouring round shot into the hull until she sinks right next to you

This should take into account if they do this and the ships are undercrewed too.  A lot of times they put the number crew to sail them but you see no real performance lost in AI when they are getting undercrewed.   Nothing irks me more than grapping an AI ship down and have it still out turn you and some times out gun you.   Also have seen AI ships with low sails still turn on a dime.

Than again I make sure to tag folks AI"s when they run so the AI stays in and when they leave they surrender meaning they loose all crew on them from there pool.   If they don't have kits on them and they don't have a port close they tend to start to run out of crew to fight.

I use AI fleets now.. but only when sailing around in my 5th rates and below.  My fleets are often one of these mixes.

Frigate+Trinc

Essex+Belle

Mercury+Rattlesnake+Pickle

Pickle + 2x Pickles

Mercury + 2 Rattlesnakes

I like having my fleet ships make sense and complement each other.   But I am odd like that, and when I take a fleet ship with my trader it is usually something just as fast as it is.

Trader Lynx + Privateer

Trader Brig + Navy Brig or Pickle

I actually wanted to try a Live Oak Privateer with two Teek Privateer in it's fleet for trade hunting in shallow waters.  That way they shouldn't be slower than me with mods and  can keep up.

Br syteme only protects bigger ships, but dosent protect small ships, that allows bullshit fights, like 2 suprises  a rattle and a cutter were attacking me, that are nearly 400 br against 2 brigs, with 140br, this game you need to have a rattle now otherwise you cant escape anymore

cant use a privateer for traderhunting, only can be used to escap, big gap between front and aft rigged to square rigged ships