Game-Labs Forum

US server connection issue

Provider is still working on handling massive network attack. We are considering migration of the shard to alternative infrastructure in case provider issues will not be fixed in the coming time.

Compensation of the lost items will be provided after logs analysis.

• Like 1

Not sure how technical issues somehow morphed into someone yet again asking for a merge.  But let me clear in the strongest possible of terms:  PVP2 is the experience many captains prefer and choose.  Maybe your favorite thing is PVP1.  Cool.  Ours is PVP2.  Also cool, right?  Everyone can just do their own thing.  Pretty sure you wouldn't like it if I started asking the devs to merge PVP1 into the PVE server.  That would totally change your experience right?  And if you wanted to play PVE you could already just choose to play on the PVE server right?  Same thing for us on PVP2.  Thanks.

• Like 3

LOL PVP1 has had over 900 players on it during EU primetime.

The ones CONSTANTLY begging for the merger are the north American or Asian players who jumped ship long ago and are now stuck on a dead server at thier time. Rather than ask for a transfer of goods (thus in thier minds a loss i guess ) and comming to pvp2 again to give us a population of probably 500 or so they keep asking for our server to get sucked into a eu timezone controlled server.

• Like 4

Pvp1 goes to pvp2 or the other way around it doesn't matter so much. The only ones losing out are North American players that are keeping themselves divided over what is most likely just ego issues.

EST weekdays pvp1 is about 200 players at 10pm. Pvp2 is also about 200 players at the same time frame. Either could be 400 players.

About the only real advantage of pvp1 is that pvp1 is nearly a thousand players on the weekends at most times and we all get to join up in that. Pvp2 might see a bit of weekend spike but it's not that much. It also adds to the game that the map is still changing in the off hours making it less predictable and more dynamic. So I like playing alongside the euro players.

Pvp1 goes to pvp2 or the other way around it doesn't matter so much. The only ones losing out are North American players that are keeping themselves divided.

EST weekdays pvp1 is about 200 players at 10pm. Pvp2 is also about 200 players at the same time frame. Either could be 400 players.

About the only real advantage of pvp1 is that pvp1 is nearly a thousand players on the weekends at most times and we all get to join up in that. Pvp2 might see a bit of weekend spike but it's not that much. It also adds to the game that the map is still changing in the off hours making it less predictable and more dynamic. So I like playing alongside the euro players.

• Like 1

LOL PVP1 has had over 900 players on it during EU primetime. 

and that is why they should be merged; PVP1 had well over 1.6k during EU primetime 5 months ago, an ~50% drop is not good.  Combine the server, bring the numbers back up.  imho, Naval action is not fun when there are not lots of other players around, and if folks log onto either server and less than 1k people (or less than 200 for that matter) are playing, it will hasten their departure from the game.

Edited by gravenunatak

Maybe this should be motivation for merging PVP2 with PVP1 finally?

Yeah...because that's a smart idea, then no one can play the game.

Makes no sense having 2 servers imho.    Like the post above.. Its almost deserted with only 200 players on PVP1.    This is when USA and Pirates should be active.

Well, that's because everyone is playing their other alts....

and that is why they should be merged; PVP1 had well over 1.6k during EU primetime 5 months ago, an ~50% drop is not good.  Combine the server, bring the numbers back up.  imho, Naval action is not fun when there are not lots of other players around, and if folks log onto either server and less than 1k people (or less than 200 for that matter) are playing, it will hasten their departure from the game.

Merging servers doesn't mean the numbers will come back up. 

Many of us play on PVP2 because we want to be there and we enjoy it. If we wanted to PVP1, we would ask to be moved. So how about everyone witching about wanting to merge just ask to have your character transferred and you go play on PVP1 if it is that much better. 

• Like 2

Maybe the reason why pop has been down is there has been a publicly stated wipe coming. Folks don't understand it and have wandered off, or maybe they don't want to spend time fighting over things that don't matter soon, or they are tired of having to move stuff. Sometimes you just need a break. Who knows. 

Any speculation as to why people are not playing, without contacting folks who were regulars who are no longer and asking, is just specualtion. I have a hard time believe oldcrankyman left because the PVP2 numbers were down. 

Maybe the reason why pop has been down is there has been a publicly stated wipe coming. Folks don't understand it and have wandered off, or maybe they don't want to spend time fighting over things that don't matter soon, or they are tired of having to move stuff. Sometimes you just need a break. Who knows. 

Any speculation as to why people are not playing, without contacting folks who were regulars who are no longer and asking, is just specualtion. I have a hard time believe oldcrankyman left because the PVP2 numbers were down. 

And a lot of folks take breaks between patches.  I'm going to bet when this next patch comes out we will see number spikes on both servers.

• Like 1

My only question is I wonder what cool compensation we will get to test out next. 

When the EU server went down we got Bucentars.  I don't want anything that big... I would be happy with a Santi Cecilia or Xebecs. 

if you had the crafting level when the accidently released the santa you got to keep the ship just not the bp have one of said ship on my pve toon

If PvP2 has mostly a north american playerbase I sincerely hope that there won't be a merger, because time and time again we are reminded that running a global server just doesn't work out.

Consider for example that at the moment the US on PvP1 is the second-largest nation, while also having one of - if not the - smallest population and barely even being active in RvR. Two geographically separated servers, even with smaller server pops, is still better than half of one server never fighting the other half because of timezones splits. I know I'd far sooner quit the game if it required you to be up at 6am to get some PB action than if it had a small playercount.