Game-Labs Forum

Caribbean Geographical Society

For curiosity to those interested in:

Just rechead beyond parallel 36 (above Saint George's Town- Bermudas)

1) map stops to mark you latitude position (you Always sails in 36 parallel);

2) map keeps marking your longitude position (maybe to help the sailor get back by a presumed point);

3) ship stops to fishing;

4) it means: there is nothing there so far.

Ps.: didnt tried to go farther West to see if there is something in the US east coast.

Others records:

1)100xp for travel from Kidd's Harbour;

2) about 390 fish meat (using fishing perk)---Saint George's Town buy it at 99 (about 34k income).

http://mapmaker.nationalgeographic.org/di5g1pYNdSqBiz60ufQyrH/?bookmark=gHG9YFPDxfjIuq6FyOl1fG

Edited by Roche Brasiliano
  • Like 1

I visited the U.S. midcoast just after OW launch and there was a vertical mountain ridge there.

Thanks for sharing!

Little by little i pretend to share a map with all that curiosities in OW (will be nice if Devs put some hidden objects, construction, etc, to make them as marks for visual navigation).

• Like 1

actually, me and another guy have mapped the entire west coast map section. once into the pacific, fishing does start up again as does bottles. as one might guess, there are no cities or ports, but plenty of islands. i spent about 57 days, ( watched season 2-3 of NCIS), and yes, i did receive xp for my trip. I now have been to all 4 corners of the map.

• Like 2

Sailed through the amazon and out of Ecuador, then proceeded along coast up to Costa Rica then down to the Galapagos Islands. Even Live streamed most of it this was several weeks ago. 

• Like 3

Airwolf666,

one of our guys Drufus Kent did it a while back. Mapped up the coast etc... No bottles, no fish mate... mind you it is a big space

Norfolk nChance

(EliteClan)

At anchor, Isla Socorro, 84.37,8.79. Greetings from the Pacific Ocean. Hopping this dispatch will reach you via my cleverly trained carrier sea gulls, given the lack of proper pigeons.

Intrigued by this thread I set sail for Trinidad. Trying to go south we were met by a barrier island. Sailed east to get around it. No opening. Distracted by my faithful sea dog, who insisted on being petted, I failed to pay proper attention to my ship and upon looking up was dismayed to find that I was sailing through the land. Sailing south I finally came to open water and sailed back the way I came, this time on the other side of the barrier island. Reaching the mainland again we sailed south 'till we were met by another barrier island. A few hundred yards east the land became marshy again and we were able to sail south through it. Keeping the shallows to our starboard we sailed south. The forest lifted and we were sailing under it. Quite a sight. Though fishing is on, we are not catching any fish. Upon reaching 60.00,4.00 we poped through a cliff into open ocean and another cliff was to our starboard. On a hunch we sailed at it and to our surprise got through. Again keeping the shallows to my starboard we proceeded west. And yes we did sail beneath the Andes Mountains eventually to pop out in the Pacific Ocean. It is stunning. No fish, but happily the birds are back and we are eating them cooked in many ways. After visiting the islands we'll head back to the mainland and sail north up the coast.

Warning to all who might follow. Properly provision your ship. There is no food here except birds and vegetation. The crew can get quite quarrelsome without proper food and rum.

Now I must get back to reprovisioning my ship.

Fair sailing,

Cpt. Ed 

• Like 1

At anchor, in a magnificent bay off Bahia Solano, Columbia, 75.60,9.43. More greetings from the Pacific Ocean. I have decided to expend another of my meager supply of carrier sea gulls. It seems that this one is unaccountably Dutch. I thought all my birds came from my native Texas. Hopefully it will reach Willemstad and the news will get back to Charleston, USA.

The crew having been refreshed and the ship reprovisioned we set sail from Isla Socorro bound SE by E for Cocos Island. Arriving there we briefly explored it, then pushed on to the SE 'til we came to the Esmeraldas region of Columbia, where before we popped out into the Pacific. We had to sail through this area under reduced sail and with great vigilance as the sea in the region is littered with shoals and low islands. Reaching the mainland we proceeded north. A bit further north and we could see the Andes Mountains in the distance and continued so 'til presently we came to Gorgona Island, 76.45,5.84, a ways off shore, where we anchored for the night. Having explored this island we again weighed anchor and sailed back to the mainland. Sailing on north up this most beautiful coast we came to a pair of beautiful estuaries in the Buenaventura region. We anchored for the night in the northern most at 75.61,6.89. (The beauty of the way the devs have done this game is incredible). At dawn we weighed anchor and, hoisting sail, proceeded north up the coast. The foothills of the Andes are now, generally, closer to the coast. And thus we come to the beautiful, sheltered bay where we are, at present, anchored.

Though we have seen no sign of human habitation thus far, we remain guarded when ashore. We often imagine eyes peering at us out of the forest and think we hear drums in the distance during the night.

Now we must prepare to weigh anchor and be out of the bay with the tide.

Fair sailing,

Cpt. Ed     

• Like 1

BallsOfSteel, I don't know, but I imagine fine wood and much more in this virgin territory. If only I could harvest it. Get your PvE character over there. I guarantee you will be blown away by the adventure and be better able to spread the gospel of the Pacific.