Game-Labs Forum

Being able to know all the players in a nation - and if they are online

Spying is a part of the game, but the game makes it too easy to have spys.  There is nothing to show players in a nation, or even if they are online.

Knowing who is online will allow you to spy on the spys, and even plant false information in nation/clan chat.  And for legitimate players, pull them into nation gameplay.

To be honest showing every one in game or even nation would cause even more problems.  People don't want folks to know there alts and such.  Though I do wish there was a better way to do in game friends list or even have friends from other nations.  You use to be able to add folks from other nations but now you can't.  Some times you might want to catch some one to either do trades or make things work out in game that aren't players from your own nation.

That and why does the player in have on ingore can still see what I say.  If they are on an ignore list neither player should see each others chat.

Now one thing I would like to see is GROUPS location and actual ranks of those in your group.  Like instead of just saying Harbor it tells you which one so you know if they are in the same one as you and just getting ready.  Many folks don't even know what the ready feature does if your in the same port.  Seeing there rank is nice cause than you can judge if they might be under crewing that ship in your group and maybe get them into something better for the missions or fights.  

Though these things might all ready be in the actual game UI as we are using a place filler UI presently.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

Just avoid nation chat at all costs when it comes down to war planning. Even if you have a list with all players online, it is not gonna stop them from spying.

That is part of the issue today.  Anyone new to NA jumps on Nation chat and then gets ignored as few of the tenured players use nation chat...