Game-Labs Forum

Nerfing Dutch

vazco

I guess I understand politics of special events now. It seems all nations except for Dutch already got some new blueprints. Today's special event was cancelled, as Dutch were already efficiently nerfed.

To be honest, I understand this. We're fighting against 4 nations (Spain, France, Danes and Pirates, as Swedish seem to not to engage into a fight a lot), for a long time with only a limited British help.

If Dutch nation wasn't nerfed, game would be imbalanced. We can't have a situation where a nation attacked by 4 others can't be brought to a level of 1-port nation for a few weeks now, can we? I really don't feel treated unfair that we can't field most powerful ships in some port battles.

ps. full disclosure - I heard about some mythical Dutch captain who acquired Heavy Rattlesnake blueprint, however since he didn't craft any ships for port battles, I prefer to treat him as a Carribean legend, "a Flying Heavy Rattlesnake Dutchman".

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

I've heared some traders are asking 2 to 4 labour contracts for these mythical special ships, though, this is only a rumor.. I havent seen one in any case, blueprints or ships

Edited by DeWoudt
  • Like 1

I do not see that the Dutch are defeatist. I do not see them complain a lot, and from flag pulls and allied reports there are still Dutch captains who are fighting.

I guess I spoke too soon...

I've seen many Dutch L'Oceans and Heavy Rattlesnakes. Danes have neither ship, and French and Spanish afaik don't know have the L'Ocean either.

What nerfing are you talking about? You chose both your enemies and your allies yourself. And by my estimate Dutchs are handling themselves very well.

• Like 2

I've seen many Dutch L'Oceans and Heavy Rattlesnakes. 

Maybe there are, just not in port battles :) I heard about british captains as well, just for now we don't have those ships in our PB fleets it seems. They're definitely not in our largest fleet.

I do not see that the Dutch are defeatist.  I guess I spoke too soon...

I don't feel I'm Defeatist as well :) I like the fighting that we get and I don't complain :) To be honest, recently I don't feel like loosing either, and I feel a bit proud we're surviving against overwhelming odds. I'm also not angry we don't have those BP's :)

Just completely independent of this post - it could be smart to make Rattle BP's more available now, or to nerf Heavy Rattle, as it's becoming a new meta. For now, it's actually quite fun to fight French who have more powerful ships, it's a good challenge.

Edited by vazco

I guess I understand politics of special events now. It seems all nations except for Dutch already got some new blueprints. Today's special event was cancelled, as Dutch were already efficiently nerfed.

To be honest, I understand this. We're fighting against 4 nations (Spain, France, Danes and Pirates, as Swedish seem to not to engage into a fight a lot), for a long time with only a limited British help.

If Dutch nation wasn't nerfed, game would be imbalanced. We can't have a situation where a nation attacked by 4 others can't be brought to a level of 1-port nation for a few weeks now, can we? I really don't feel treated unfair that we can't field most powerful ships in some port battles.

ps. full disclosure - I heard about some mythical Dutch captain who acquired Heavy Rattlesnake blueprint, however since he didn't craft any ships for port battles, I prefer to treat him as a Carribean legend, "a Flying Heavy Rattlesnake Dutchman".

That is actualy the best joke i've read so far on this forum! Funny :D

Back to the main point: For the Swedes I can tell you, we only got one BP as fas as I know and thats a Gunboat BP. The Danes got Argamemnon but no L'ocean also (Just my stand of knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). Where is the Dutch nerved? I only know that the Dutch are not really fighting back anymore. We are told not to attack the dutch cause of that... Thats why there are no Swedes in the south! So pls understand that we also want those BP's and the event is canceled not cause of the Dutch but because gets overworked.

Regarding the Pirates - they are a "wild card" in this game and at war with every nation. Look at the map, we are mostly fighting the Pirates cause it is fun to do so.

So the Dutch aren't nerved in any way! Even than the game woudn't have been "imbalanced"

• Like 1

Límited british help...25+ first rates and many 4th.

Dutch players have L'Ocean and rattle hvy....

The spanish is the only nation Who haven't any new blueprints.

PD. A few days ago some spanish Captains captured a dutch L'Ocean.

Edited by Jorge

Oh, I forgot. I guess we sank those Dutch L'Oceans.

That was DAS battle for Pampatar. How did your three attacks on Maracaibo, and later defence of Cojoro and Coro go? :)

For approx. 1 week there were an average of 2 British players helping us in PB operations :) Right now this has changed. If you treat current war as war between Dutch and France, France still has much more help - Danish fleet of 1st rates, Spanish fleets of 1'st and 4'th rates, and occasionally pirates. I guess chances are at least even now :)

In last 15 PB's I didn't see any Dutch L'Ocean or heavy rattle, and I was in most of them. That's why I created this post. Please treat it with a bit of a sense of humor :) I know other nations don't have all the blueprints yet as well.

I only know that the Dutch are not really fighting back anymore. We are told not to attack the dutch cause of that...

Oh, we are fighting back quite hard, just can't cover the whole front. Thanks for not steam-rolling over us, as with Sweddish fleet we would have trouble even getting to battles, and war would stop being fun. We can fight Spanish, French and Danes, however with help of Swedes it would be too much... It would be however a honour to fight with you :)

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

Funny Jorge, you cant really say that its "British helping the Dutch" when Spain is assaulting both our holdings in Panama & Columbia. Their help kicking Spain out of that region is as much self serving as it is helping us.  The British 'help' on our western front is unfortunately not representative of the general help they give us on our eastern front.

Edited by DeWoudt

That was DAS battle for Pampatar. How did your three attacks on Maracaibo, and later defence of Casigua and Coro go? :)

I was only in one battle for Maracaibo. It was the beginning of my Internet troubles this week. We sank more ships, but didn't manage to take the port. Dutch timing for entering battle was perfect. We also lost 2 ships to disconnects. I disconnected 9 times, having to restart my router to get back in and had 3,3k ping half the battle. For me, keeping my ship was a victory.

But I heard we did terrible in some subsequent battles that I couldn't take part in. Although I believe there was a defensive battle at Cojoro where a small Danish fleet prevailed against larger numbers.

Snoggy, I think you have to learn to understand what you read :) Let me know what port is yours, and I'll come with a visit sometime :)

Anolytic, all our fights with Danes were a challenge and more or less even*. First Cojoro defence was a really good one from your side, two fireships crippled a lot of us. Thanks for appreciating timing in first Maracaibo battle, it was my role to blow up and rely your positions to others ;)

* apart from Pampatar with our old fleet, where we were expecting French, not Danes. French are easier to sink :)

Edited by vazco

That is actualy the best joke i've read so far on this forum! Funny :D

Back to the main point: For the Swedes I can tell you, we only got one BP as fas as I know and thats a Gunboat BP. The Danes got Argamemnon but no L'ocean also (Just my stand of knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). Where is the Dutch nerved? I only know that the Dutch are not really fighting back anymore. We are told not to attack the dutch cause of that... Thats why there are no Swedes in the south! So pls understand that we also want those BP's and the event is canceled not cause of the Dutch but because gets overworked.

Regarding the Pirates - they are a "wild card" in this game and at war with every nation. Look at the map, we are mostly fighting the Pirates cause it is fun to do so.

So the Dutch aren't nerved in any way! Even than the game woudn't have been "imbalanced"

We`r fighting back. I think with good results. We pushed danes back from cojoro, we`r pushing dons back from west, and then we can focus on east. So when we`ll get back pampatar feel free to join the fry!

Dutch players have L'Ocean and rattle hvy....

The spanish is the only nation Who haven't any new blueprints.

PD. A few days ago some spanish Captains captured a dutch L'Ocean.

I dont know about any bp in dutch nation. Maybe h rattle. Ships we get, we buy from others or capture.

Awwwww, poor little dutch. Weren't you boasting about owning so many ports a few weeks ago?

Need a tissue?

Eeeeeeeeeeee what?

LOL, this is the humor I appreciate a lot! Good show Vazco, I'm sure many will take the bait.  :D  ;)

Awwwww, poor little dutch. Weren't you boasting about owning so many ports a few weeks ago?

Need a tissue?

See, here is the first.

btw. The Dutch ain't poor. Warchests are still full and the clans report solid shipyards. If someone doesn't want a war of attrition you better think twice on attacking the Dutch, as wars against us are not cheap.  ;)

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

See, here is the first.

btw. The Dutch ain't poor. Warchests are still full and the clans report solid shipyards. If someone doesn't want a war of attrition you better think twice on attacking the Dutch, as wars against us are not cheap.  ;)

shhh dont tell them that frenchies give ships to us  :ph34r:                 

• Like 2

Funny Jorge, you cant really say that its "British helping the Dutch" when Spain is assaulting both our holdings in Panama & Columbia. Their help kicking Spain out of that region is as much self serving as it is helping us. The British 'help' on our western front is unfortunately not representative of the general help they give us on our eastern front.

Last 3 days you and british bought +-35 flags to spanish ports...yesterday we fought 2 times in Barranquilla, 1 vs brits and 1 vs dutch, another 1st rate fleet screening...tonight brits and dutch bought flag to Barranquilla again, USA bought Cayó de Sal and they Lost PB, brits bought some flags more, only took Jagua (undefended), we won Barranquilla PB (good fight dutch and brits o7)and after Battle we sunk too many 4rd rates outside port.

In fact your allies are helping you a lot actually.

62412215.jpg

For real though, the Dutch have the L'Ocean BP... its probably because you aren't asking the right people.

Jorge, right now yes, we coordinate with Brits finally, which changes fights from 1 vs 4 to 2 vs 4, making war a bit more interesting. Last two weeks were different though, at times we had only 2 british players helping us, and still doing fine.

btw, good port battle :) It's much more interesting to fight you than French on the east :)

• Like 1

Jorge, right now yes, we coordinate with Brits finally, which changes fights from 1 vs 4 to 2 vs 4, making war a bit more interesting. Last two weeks were different though, at times we had only 2 british players helping us, and still doing fine.

btw, good port battle :) It's much more interesting to fight you than French on the east :)

Well...3 vs 1 today ????. But it's fine. After fighting all this time I think we are learning to respect each other.

(...)

Sorry, I don't how what you got this impression: All that I know is that the Dutch player with he heavy rattle BP is mass producing them since 3 weeks for everyone who asks, even already puts them on sale for 500-600k for golden ones. And the 'custom order price' is usually '1 labour contract and the needed materials and done'.

But when the great P continues pissing off more players when he once more verbally attacks fighting captains - sorry, don't wonder when captains do no show up anymore and turned their back to RvR.

Edited by Ragor
  • Like 1