Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] France - Appel a la Nation!

Taranis

Some of you may have noticed that during afternoon and evening hours the pvp2 server population is now significantly higher that pvp1's.  New players are coming into the game.  Some older players are returning. 

Since pvp2 is not getting merged into pvp1, now is a good time to rally back.  Much has changed since we left it.  French waters have been overrun and are now largely deserted.  

Time has come to return France to its former glory!

• Like 2

Some of you may have noticed that during afternoon and evening hours the pvp2 server population is now significantly higher that pvp1's. New players are coming into the game. Some older players are returning.

Since pvp2 is not getting merged into pvp1, now is a good time to rally back. Much has changed since we left it. French waters have been overrun and are now largely deserted.

Good luck france.
  • Like 1

Some of you may have noticed that during afternoon and evening hours the pvp2 server population is now significantly higher that pvp1's.  New players are coming into the game.  Some older players are returning. 

Since pvp2 is not getting merged into pvp1, now is a good time to rally back.  Much has changed since we left it.  French waters have been overrun and are now largely deserted.  

Bon vent et bonne chasse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGSfWSvNxac

Edited by Tenakha Kan

If/when you do come over the PvP2 as French, contact me if you need any help.

ElricTheTwo.  I am on most days - and can help you get established.  We already have players scattered across a number of time zones - from Europe to the West Coast of the USA.  So there should be other players to team with when you are online..

If/when you do come over the PvP2 as French, contact me if you need any help.

ElricTheTwo.  I am on most days - and can help you get established.  We already have players scattered across a number of time zones - from Europe to the West Coast of the USA.  So there should be other players to team with when you are online..

Maybe I'll come to say hi ;-)

Any new friendly French players welcome.  ;)   Also see me too if you need anything, same in-game name.  ElricTheTwo (above) and I are in the same clan, see either of us if you want to join.  You can PM me or look for me in global, evenings after 6 EST (I am east coast USA), and during the weekends too.

• Like 1

Some of you may have noticed that during afternoon and evening hours the pvp2 server population is now significantly higher that pvp1's. New players are coming into the game. Some older players are returning.

Since pvp2 is not getting merged into pvp1, now is a good time to rally back. Much has changed since we left it. French waters have been overrun and are now largely deserted.

I think the French are doing quite well versus their player population and are not overrun. They have a fair few ports.

But welcome back and more players is more pvp. Hope to see you in game.

I think the French are doing quite well versus their player population and are not overrun. They have a fair few ports.

But welcome back and more players is more pvp. Hope to see you in game.

Well it seems a group of them are joining the Dutch against us.  Looks like the hands off french just went out the door.  Going to sink any one that I see now cause of that.   We where going to leave them alone as long as they stay out of the fight.

Last time a bunch of Brits switched to French we got wiped out.  Telling.  And Sir T be more observant; if you look at the politics grid it's the Danes that we have declared war on since the inception of voting.

Every one is at war with the pirates though so it doesn't mean much.  We just leave folks that don't attack us alone.  But seems they are going to help the Dutch so hay now we get to play with them.   I was in a crappy mortar brig so couldn't join, but i heard some mates had a good fight with a few of them.   I would prefer to keep it to the OW any way.  More fun that way.    I'm sure we will cross swords in due time.   Need to get ready for the map change too, that will put some french right in our front door.   

The Danes are our priority.  But as we are allied to the Dutch, when you attack a Dutch port, we will help defend it - in the same way the Dutch help the French defend ports against Danish attacks.

That doesn't mean we are aggressively attacking pirates - it is more being defensive against Pirate attacks..  Especially as the Dutch and French ports are intermixed on the map.

I am always puzzled when I hear the following two arguments from the same person:

1. We need more pvp, why don't you all come out of port and fight, come on this is a pvp server.

....followed by....

2. How dare you come out of port to attack us?  The audacity.  Well, we will show you not to ever attack us, now we will get even.

I paraphrase obviously, but it makes no sense.  Only one statement can stand, not both.  Yet I hear the two arguments side by side constantly by usually the same players.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

I am always puzzled when I hear the following two arguments from the same person:

1. We need more pvp, why don't you all come out of port and fight, come on this is a pvp server.

....followed by....

2. How dare you come out of port to attack us? The audacity. Well, we will show you not to ever attack us, now we will get even.

I paraphrase obviously, but it makes no sense. Only one statement can stand, not both. Yet I hear the two arguments side by side constantly by usually the same players. :rolleyes:

I think the ones who dislike the guys comming from port are talking about the players afk doing facebook or candy crush or watching tv waiting for someone on teamspeak say a enemy ship is attacking someone. They dont come toaid the ship but instead set up a gangbang horde around the battle so they can gangbang the guy then go back to reruns of Alice. As aposed to acually sitting in groups around friendly waters to watch for and prevent the attack in the first place.

I could be wrong but that would be my guess.

Welcome back!

I enjoy doing business with an old friend once more :).

Welcome back!

I enjoy doing business with an old friend once more :).

Thank you!  PvP2 France needs all the help it can get as well.  We seem to have number of vet solo players, and a few new players that are learning the ropes - running a bit scared.  We are not the hard core pvp nation we once were.

I think the reason we (pvp2 France) have a lot of solo vets is because we got crushed multiple times so it's been a learned survival mode that still shows.  I wind up doing mostly pve, partly because of that but mainly because I just can't devote concentrated time to the game since my kids constantly draw me away.  I dream of one day actually having two solid consecutive hours to play the game! :rolleyes:  

I think the reason we (pvp2 France) have a lot of solo vets is because we got crushed multiple times so it's been a learned survival mode that still shows.  I wind up doing mostly pve, partly because of that but mainly because I just can't devote concentrated time to the game since my kids constantly draw me away.  I dream of one day actually having two solid consecutive hours to play the game! :rolleyes:  

Completely understand, and I am in the same situation with kids and family.  PvP requires a minimum critical mass of concurrent players.  I was a little frustrated last night to have a couple of US players camp FR and no one to second me in PvPing them - even when I had a better vessel (Bucentaure vs. 3rd + Navy Brig + Trinc)...  A small ship to cover my rear would have been all that was needed to win that one.