Defense of Aves - April 25th - Picture lWk4dTb.jpg

Defense of Aves April 28th - Pictures - http://imgur.com/a/wEGNr

Defense of Aves April 30th - Pictures - http://imgur.com/a/Zqp4Q

Video

Coastal Defense of Jamaica - October 7th, 2016 Videos

Bermuda Defense - November 11th, 2016 - Pictures http://imgur.com/a/OAFHY

Video

Edited by Woody051

unfortunately the majority of us had/have zero experience in 1st rate battles, let alone port battles with actual opponents.  I'd throw myself in the more experienced category of those assembled pvp wise and this would be my 2nd time in one.  You like to complain about the time zone thing quite a bit there Klooth, but remember that it works both ways.  The US simply just doesn't get the same battle opportunities as the rest of the server due to our time zones and the ones we have gotten (that were defended) have typically been shallow water.  So we're uh...learning I suppose.  It also doesn't help that our commander inexplicably managed to get tagged 15mins before the battle logging in either....  

Regardless I'm still pleased with the outcome and that even if we didn't have the couple brits in there we could of filled the battle with 25 1sts, which is pretty good for us.  Our role in the battle was to tie up the Danes and give the Brits the best chance of winning on their end, which was done successfully.  We all knew going in this was probably not something we'd be able to win anyway.  We look forward to capping more of your traders in the next week or 2.  Good fights overall!

The live oak must flow.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

unfortunately the majority of us had/have zero experience in 1st rate battles, let alone port battles with actual opponents.  I'd throw myself in the more experienced category of those assembled pvp wise and this would be my 2nd time in one.  You like to complain about the time zone thing quite a bit there Klooth, but remember that it works both ways.  The US simply just doesn't get the same battle opportunities as the rest of the server due to our time zones and the ones we have gotten (that were defended) have typically been shallow water.  So we're uh...learning I suppose.  It also doesn't help that our commander inexplicably managed to get tagged 15mins before the battle logging in either....  

The Port Battle is a whole different kind of beast compared to OW fights. Especially if you are used to frigate fights compared to 1st rate fights. Mistakes have way more severe consequences, tactics are everything, a cool head and iron discipline are key. There are few occasions for egos, but when you achieve victory it's made more awesome by the fact your win matters. It's a kind of fight I'm quite addicted to.

PS: This is exactly why when the game is released there should be a US timezone server that has a different maintenancewindow so you can have more like these.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Regardless I'm still pleased with the outcome and that even if we didn't have the couple brits in there we could of filled the battle with 25 1sts, which is pretty good for us.  Our role in the battle was to tie up the Danes and give the Brits the best chance of winning on their end, which was done successfully.  We all knew going in this was probably not something we'd be able to win anyway.  We look forward to capping more of your traders in the next week or 2.  Good fights overall!

The live oak must flow.

I didn't make a grand tally yet for the exchange, but I think we killed quite a bit more ships overall than your alliance did. Nonetheless, I feel quite honored that the brits fear us so much they want to NOT fight us in a port battle :)

Edited by Kloothommel

7 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

I didn't make a grand tally yet for the exchange, but I think we killed quite a bit more ships overall than your alliance did. Nonetheless, I feel quite honored that the brits fear us so much they want to NOT fight us in a port battle :)

IMHO: For the United States nation, the port battle at Savannah was a tactical defeat. However yesterday's port battles on the US East Coast were a strategic victory for the British/Dutch/United States alliance.  Due to the game mechanic, there are only 2 ports that can produce Fine Live Oak.  We were sorely missing a source of Live Oak production (FIne Live Oak specifically), And through the PB victory at San Augustin, the British/Dutch/United States alliance now has a Live Oak production source.  

I give credit to the British/Dutch/USA alliance for pulling off a simultaneous War Supplies drop (lets call it "Testing the ability for simultaneous War Supplies bombs"  ;) ) , and for recovering one of the Live Oak production ports.

I give the Danish/Norge & Spanish nations (and their allies--Sweden I believe) credit for waking up in the middle of the night and putting on full defenses.  

And now, on to more testing the limits of this game as it winds on down the road towards completion and full release. 

Edited by Chijohnaok

7 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

The Port Battle is a whole different kind of beast compared to OW fights. Especially if you are used to frigate fights compared to 1st rate fights. Mistakes have way more severe consequences, tactics are everything, a cool head and iron discipline are key. There are few occasions for egos, but when you achieve victory it's made more awesome by the fact your win matters. It's a kind of fight I'm quite addicted to.

PS: This is exactly why when the game is released there should be a US timezone server that has a different maintenancewindow so you can have more like these.

I don't necessarily disagree with the time zone thing, but unfortunately this game probably can't even clear 1000 people between all its servers on a good day.  Having a US only server of 200/300 people just isn't practical for the devs and the players.  PERHAPS when the game releases and we see more people joining (if..) that'd be a nice option.  We are however stuck with what we got for the time being.  

We probably could of stuck in there and got a couple kills, but it was decided to get as many out as they could.  

11 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

. Nonetheless, I feel quite honored that the brits fear us so much they want to NOT fight us in a port battle :)

:) We will see you again soon enough, Its nice to have a change now and then. My question is why do you need SORRY screening for you? :) 

9 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

We were told they were hired to hunt danes at saint marys!

we were told they were hired by spain to screen out us XD

We fight you all the time, I for one had yet to fight OCEAN.  And lets be honest we will be fighting you in Bermuda again next week. I'm sure your war supply's are already in the port on an alt :P

• Like 1