Game-Labs Forum

Important - Final map. Player action required for both PVE and PVP servers.

Step 1

Basic alliances that are coming this august we would like to share the plans and ideas for new improved RvR.

Step 2

Changes to port battles are briefly described in this post

http://forum.game-la...t-battle-set-up

Ports

Ports will change: Map will split into regions with regional capitals. 

Nations will conquer regions (not individual ports)

This will also help a lot in hostility generation and will open road for significant trading/supply/demand improvements, with proper regional goods distribution. 

The above quote is from Admin's post Development plans for conquest mechanics (RVR). Is this still planned? Is it coming with this map reset? There are many questions that have not been answered about all this new RvR from the many different post on each small part of it.

​The above quote in red, what does this mean? I will use Sweden as examples in my Questions I have.

1. What does it take to "capture" a region?

2. Is it just the Regional Capital?

3. So for Sweden to take Bovenwinds do we only have to cap Oranjestad?

4. If this so then all Port Battles will be 1st rate affairs only?

5. Or do we have to cap a majority of the lesser ports before we can cap Oranjestad?

6. If so how many? Bovenwinds has 3 other ports all of which are deep water 4th rate PB's currently. And if this is the case then the quote in red is not really true because we are fighting over individual ports.

7. Do we get to use those ports and deny the use of them from our enemies before capping Oranjestad?

8. Are National Capitals capable?

9. Are noob capitals capable?

10. Do we still have 3 different port battle types? Regional Capitals = 1st rates, deep = 4th, & shallow?

• Like 3

The above quote is from Admin's post Development plans for conquest mechanics (RVR). Is this still planned? Is it coming with this map reset? There are many questions that have not been answered about all this new RvR from the many different post on each small part of it.

​The above quote in red, what does this mean? I will use Sweden as examples in my Questions I have.

1. What does it take to "capture" a region?

2. Is it just the Regional Capital?

3. So for Sweden to take Bovenwinds do we only have to cap Oranjestad?

4. If this so then all Port Battles will be 1st rate affairs only?

5. Or do we have to cap a majority of the lesser ports before we can cap Oranjestad?

6. If so how many? Bovenwinds has 3 other ports all of which are deep water 4th rate PB's currently. And if this is the case then the quote in red is not really true because we are fighting over individual ports.

7. Do we get to use those ports and deny the use of them from our enemies before capping Oranjestad?

8. Are National Capitals capable?

9. Are noob capitals capable?

10. Do we still have 3 different port battle types? Regional Capitals = 1st rates, deep = 4th, & shallow?

All good questions.  I'd like to know the answers to these too.  

• Like 2

Typically I think the devs usually want us to discover for ourselves exactly how new mechanics work when they implement them. Perhaps because it allows them to also measure a bit how intuitive the new features are. Or because of the value of the exploration itself. 

The devs have told us what we need to know to be able to move ours ships and outposts around to prepare for the patch. I could be wrong, but I am not sure they intend to reveal all the details of the other changes that are coming. We will all find out eventually anyway, when the patch finally arrives. We will be scrutinising patch notes and also testing the mechanics ourselves to figure out how it all works. And that's part of the fun in my eyes. 

All this said, I too am dying to know the answers to most of these questions, mostly to confirm or deny if my expectation of how it will work is correct. However I will try to be patient. 

• Like 4

This part is a lot harder than you might think.   I just hope they do the patch early and to it this Thursday instead of next week.   Just get here so we can have new fun and chaos.

“Hope is the path to the dark side. Hope  leads to disapointment. Disapointment leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

In other words...maths with the numbers gived by admin tell us next week is the earliest time we can realistically wait for the patch...... I would be very glad to be wrong btw  ^_^

“Hope is the path to the dark side. Hope  leads to disapointment. Disapointment leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

In other words...maths with the numbers gived by admin tell us next week is the earliest time we can realistically wait for the patch...... I would be very glad to be wrong btw  ^_^

Yah looks like we will be waiting for next week....at the soonest.

• Like 1

I think some of these questions were already answered by the devs.

Like...

#8-Are national Capitals capable? - Yes.  If a nation manages to defeat an enemy nations regions and capture their capital, the defeated nation is forced into a permanent alliance with the conquering nation.  When one nation has defeated all others the map will be reset and the "season" will start again.   (Like Battleground Europe/WWII Online)

I few of the other ones were discussed but I don't think they gave a firm answer on any of it.

AFAIK this is still just a suggestion that is being considered. No confirmation that there will be seasons (hoping not) or attackable capital regions (hope so).

To be honest I think when they go live they should do this.  Though way to many are going to cry other wise.  I just don't think it's fair for any new players to have a bunch at that time with very well set levels and ranks.    Hay but we get to prob start over with Basic Cutters and be Curse ranked...woot woot.

We can ask ONCE to be reset, rank and all. I'm keeping that one chance for release.

So looking forward to this.

As a Brit we are very scattered, provides both opportunity and challenge.

I am assuming the new conquest mode comes with the new map update yes.

Unless other Nations are just complete strategic morons, they can easily keep the US bottled up in his starting regions indefinitely, since they all start out at the doorstep.

Unless other Nations are just complete strategic morons, they can easily keep the US bottled up in his starting regions indefinitely, since they all start out at the doorstep.

Other nations will probably be busy with doing other things in other parts of the map though.

Other nations will probably be busy with doing other things in other parts of the map though.

Like getting a foot hold of the area's around them.  I know some might think about going to mess with one nation or the other, but than I rememinded them there will only be 10 PB's a day and we will all see where the AGRO Is going on.  So you know that area will be sworming with others wanting to fight.

Like getting a foot hold of the area's around them.  I know some might think about going to mess with one nation or the other, but than I rememinded them there will only be 10 PB's a day and we will all see where the AGRO Is going on.  So you know that area will be sworming with others wanting to fight.

It doesn't actually mean there will be 10 PBs a day. Only that there will be 10 top agro zones. Presumably once a region is opened for assault, all or most of the ports can be assaulted in a day or a couple of days. 

Meanwhile Brits stab you in the back and grab half of Cuba in first few weeks fortifying their round fortress from all directions. US will maintain steady defenses pretending they can't do much until its time to push from 2 fronts and take Spain into the vise grip with all they got.  ;) End of Spain - Easy mode. 

lol..and you think this is going to happen without spanish allies? just like that?

Edited by Fenris

lol..and you think this is going to happen without spanish allies? just like that?

Spain doesn't have any nearby allies, except in the unlikely event that the French can ally with all their Antilles neighbors and focus on operations in Louisiana.

Remember that the current equilibrium only developed after a huge tug-of-war over Hispaniola.

I don't think you understand how the new mechanics will work.  Any nation will be free to start increasing hostility in any area they can sail to.  The US will only be bottled up if everybody does a lemming rush to move all their stuff back to the start area.  I intend to keep all of my assets spread all over the map so I can start creating as much havoc in as many places as possible.

• Like 1

I really hope building hostility takes a long time. I think more OW action and less PBs would be a positive turn for the game.

I fully agree with this sentiment....especially since the increased OW PVP is "RvR-related", impacting the war via hostility generation (or mitigation, as the case may be).   As opposed to the static and largely meaningless "gank-countergank" which characterizes most OW PvP right now.

I like the idea of having a larger context providing RvR significance to pretty much all OW activities.  Up til now (and still the case at moment), "the war" is merely a subset of PvP activity, in which some players choose to participate, while many others do not.  With the regional hostility mechanics, my impression is that every player, regardless of rank/shiptype/playstyle, will in some way contribute to the national war effort every time they spawn out of port.  I think that's awesome.

• Like 6

I think some of these questions were already answered by the devs.

Like...

#8-Are national Capitals capable? - Yes.  If a nation manages to defeat an enemy nations regions and capture their capital, the defeated nation is forced into a permanent alliance with the conquering nation.  When one nation has defeated all others the map will be reset and the "season" will start again.   (Like Battleground Europe/WWII Online)

I few of the other ones were discussed but I don't think they gave a firm answer on any of it.

Nope they have said they may, not that they will be. Hence the question.

I see tons of good questions above that have yet to be answered. I guess we can wait and see. The one question I'd like answered is when exactly this patch will be. Not a between this date and this date range, but an actual date. I fully understand if there's not a set date yet. I just want a set date to clear out ports instead of its coming in a few weeks so get your stuff out.

• Like 1

I see tons of good questions above that have yet to be answered. I guess we can wait and see. The one question I'd like answered is when exactly this patch will be. Not a between this date and this date range, but an actual date. I fully understand if there's not a set date yet. I just want a set date to clear out ports instead of its coming in a few weeks so get your stuff out.

This right here. Really want to know. I've been stopping and starting things because I'm like "maybe it will be this week..." and a "nope..." It's hard to be invested in things when it is a "will happen sometime in the next 15-25 days" and being past that now.