Game-Labs Forum

Current development plans

safe to say reading so many other captains post,that many here know alot about sailing and these ships that we will be playing with and thier history,so i believe that this game will be affected by these people and as a result this game will be like no other and blows them all away,so at the end of the day my fellow captains will bring this game to life with the fact that the developers are smart and taking thier time to do things right,the 1st time,is a winning combination in my book,,and to those that are knowlegable of these matters we are lucky to have you here..

• Like 2

safe to say reading so many other captains post,that many here know alot about sailing and these ships that we will be playing with and thier history,so i believe that this game will be affected by these people and as a result this game will be like no other and blows them all away,so at the end of the day my fellow captains will bring this game to life with the fact that the developers are smart and taking thier time to do things right,the 1st time,is a winning combination in my book,,and to those that are knowlegable of these matters we are lucky to have you here..

Yea, what he said :D

well you cant make the world to small and warp to the far side in 15 min,,becouse when this game takes off thier be so many playing that it be impossible to go any where and not be dropped out of warp by someone,,i say let it be really big and take a week to sail to the far side of world if thats your mission,,sail a few hours a day,,then anchor logg out,,what else do you have to do? its a game that you may play for years,so lets not get it old in a week,,issues are if i have been dropped out of warp,,and i turn and run when can i click out? and i shud be at least the distance away that i was when i clcicked out and the weather guage is the same,,be messed up to out run the enemy in combat just to be gunned down again in open world becouse i lost wind..and you want it big enough so that if u do out run the enemy and click out,,his buddies comming wont have the time to get there before your gone,im sure the programmers are working on this and everything is going to be fair,,

also travel to other ports by other means needs to be possible,,like booking passage to far places,for money,,so you can get to know the area before you commit your ship,,or go there to buy a diplomatic immunity writ from the main clans in that area,could sove this problem,,so i know where i want to go and as far as the known regions,i book passage to each port by sea liner,,arrive and the regestry must have all clans regesterd,,so i buy my diplomatic immunity write from each clan and do this along my path untill i reach the unknown regions,,so when i start my voyage aboard my ship as i run into trouble,,i present my immunity writs to the attackers, if they are of the clans that i purchased or the fact im close enough in thier territoy single captains or smaller clans must abide by the accord.

and im on my way..but if they dont abide by the accord,well, arrives another issue i guess,,just a thought,maybe someone can take this path and slim it down to some workable solution.but it might serve as a way to even help captains carrying valuable cargo,remember, one thing,just becouse they are pirates dont mean they are going to win the fight.each of us will have to weigh the risk of your ship to the income you may or may not gain in sinking others,and ships are exspensive,,these captains bent on pvp ing may think they got it

all fiqured out,,but thier own arrogance may just cost them some big money,,cus i know for a fact when i get my xebec corsair,,most of you will not be able to catch it,,and you cant sink what you cant catch,and the corsair is tuff enough it may just turn on ya,so good luck out there all,,may the wind be in your sails and a star to steer by,,god speed

• Like 2

well you cant make the world to small and warp to the far side in 15 min,,becouse when this game takes off thier be so many playing that it be impossible to go any where and not be dropped out of warp by someone,,i say let it be really big and take a week to sail to the far side of world if thats your mission,,sail a few hours a day,,then anchor logg out,,what else do you have to do?

I am interested in the anchor log out point......is this something that is planned? Could be a solution and permit us to perhaps reduce the time compression. Only problem is...what happens when you log back in and are right next to a couple of enemy 74s in your brig???

• Like 1

I am interested in the anchor log out point......is this something that is planned? Could be a solution and permit us to perhaps reduce the time compression. Only problem is...what happens when you log back in and are right next to a couple of enemy 74s in your brig???

what if when you next log in you started at the nearest port to where you were last sailing?

Another option is if you are half way across the Atlantic, no enimies around you as you log out. When you log back in it take you the place closest to your previous location that does not have an enemy ship preset within 20 miles?

I agree, it will be interesting to see how they handle this. :)

• Like 2

Me too

Really? You'd want to devote several consecutive evenings to the game when nothing would change? You would not see any ships. You would not see land. The weather would not change. You might play for 3 hours and never even change course, never touch the keyboard at all. I do not see how that makes for a compelling game.

In Pirates of the Burning Sea a voyage from Georgetown to Port Royal takes about 6 minutes. It will take about 3 hours in Naval Action, if it sticks to the scale discussed in the original post. For me, this is likely beyond the upper edge of what I would accept, and it would push me away from this game. And in saying that, I still think that I am considerably more of a sim enthusiast than the bulk of the market this game will want to attract.

Obviously it will depend on how many interesting decisions occur during that 3 hours (or the 5 days that you propose), but I just do not think enough interesting things will happen during a transit to make it worth 3 hours of my time, never mind days and days.

• Like 1

Really? You'd want to devote several consecutive evenings to the game when nothing would change? You would not see any ships. You would not see land. The weather would not change. You might play for 3 hours and never even change course, never touch the keyboard at all. I do not see how that makes for a compelling game.

In Pirates of the Burning Sea a voyage from Georgetown to Port Royal takes about 6 minutes. It will take about 3 hours in Naval Action, if it sticks to the scale discussed in the original post. For me, this is likely beyond the upper edge of what I would accept, and it would push me away from this game. And in saying that, I still think that I am considerably more of a sim enthusiast than the bulk of the market this game will want to attract.

Obviously it will depend on how many interesting decisions occur during that 3 hours (or the 5 days that you propose), but I just do not think enough interesting things will happen during a transit to make it worth 3 hours of my time, never mind days and days.

And this is the conundrum the devs have. It may be that we have local map areas like the Carribbean which extend say 150 miles from land and thereafter you "instawarp" to 150 miles from the next map you are aiming for. Allowing some randomness for navigational error and then you are back to your  x60 time compression until the next threshold is reached or you enter a "zone of influence" around another vessel.

i dont care how long it takes if you want one fight after another evry 5 to 10 min you are surely looking at the wrong game.

but remember ther will be 2 options matchplay instant pewpew or the open world.

my longest flight in Il-2 on an online server was 3hours wich was far more boring than here.

as you said no one knows what happens in these time you sail from Gorgetown to Kingston.

on deep open waters far away from land? not much. but if you stick to the coast you might find a beached ship wreck in an bay that got surpised by an hurrican.

just imagine what such an old Spanish Galeon might have in the Cargo hold