Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Sabotage **Rumor**

Kawazz

I have been seriously thinking about switching to PvP1 since the only people I have to work with in USA are NPG and FEAR.  Since FEAR is helping the British and my assets are not in a position to help on the British front, I have been trying to work with NPG since my guild WATCH fell apart, but Koiz keeps kicking me from NPG teamspeak and removing my permissions, so working with NPG has been difficult. 

Sgt. Barnes, I may join you over there as a Swede. 

I would really like to go Spanish, but theirs not enough people to keep it afloat from constant USA attacks.  Sorry Pirates, but I really want to be apart of a nation with politics, its nothing personal about you guys and that's why I never switched to Pirate. 

Since all the good players in my guild went pirate, I have received much hostility from some USA players who for some reason think I am a spy.  This is even after feeding information about pirate locations to USA players in NPG AND fighting pirates over the last 2 weeks since my clan dissolved.  I even managed to capture a pirate Bucentaure in my constitution in a really bloody fight outside Tumbato and I also capped Squedage in an engagement before his ship blew up. 

Yar

i can say one thing, i have never felt so appreciated in a nation as i have over here in pvp1 as a swede, theres no bs, you need something, you ask and you will receive. (the only thing is it's difficult to understand everyone :P)

As for the latency "issue" there isnt one that i can see, on pvp2 i ran around 20-50ping all times, over here on pvp1 i run about 130-150 all times, however; there is absolutely no gampeplay difference.

if u do happen to switch servers i can put a good word in for you :)

• Like 3

-snip- The primarily English TS speaking nations are USA, Brits and Pirates.-Snip-

The guys over here in swede nation make sure to speak English in their servers, as to not leave people who speak only English out of the conversations.  Not once have i felt like im being left out in a convo, because they make sure to speak English.

This isnt saying that theyre all american or canadian, and thats all they know, many are actually from finland, sweden, one from turkey, etc.  and have THICK accents, i believe that if you just spend a bit of time with them though, that you will pick up what theyre saying with ease.

• Like 2

One thing is for sure. By percentages pvp2 has a bigger collection of drama than Pvp1. I doubt any group in mass is trying to sabotage pvp2. It's been six months. Most of us bit the bullet and just replaced all the crap we had on pvp2 by now. I know I have so there isn't likely even materials and stuff locked on pvp2 that is worth anything to anyone anymore. If returning players should appear again, that had stuff locked on pvp2, wanting to play on pvp1 those of us there can easily replace all their stuff too. Pvp2 players you have won. You got your private low pop playground. Those of us that relocated did the extra work and no longer need anything on pvp2. Can we turn to drama machine off now? Seriously, I'm with the poster that suggested you all stay on pvp2 or goto the PVE server as you all clearly come with too much drama to bother with.

If a handful are trying to "sabotage" pvp2 to collapse it into pvp1 please stop. We don't need that headache on pvp1.

I am ashamed to agree with you on this point but pvp2 is turning into an episode of Jerry Springer. The US and British and a few others have made global chat a cesspool that i had to turn off and im now having to put dozens of US players from NPG, watch, and a few others in ignore or i have so many pms when i log in calling me names i have to spend 10 minutes cleaning out my chat bar.

Its all comming from the same people too. Its sad but it looks like 11 year olds have won.

• Like 4

I am ashamed to agree with you on this point but pvp2 is turning into an episode of Jerry Springer. The US and British and a few others have made global chat a cesspool that i had to turn off and im now having to put dozens of US players from NPG, watch, and a few others in ignore or i have so many pms when i log in calling me names i have to spend 10 minutes cleaning out my chat bar.

Its all comming from the same people too. Its sad but it looks like 11 year olds have won.

Well said. The problem is they make all these false accusations and without proof. One guy goes I sank 5 Pirates so we link him the screenshot of evidence and he sank no one. It's come to the point I have to screenshot everything to cover my back.

I've worked in business where he said she said went on, in the end you have to keep your paper trail to cover your back. It's pathetic. Was never like this till the alliance started lol. Worse thing ever for our server. A lot of players have stopped playing too because of it or swapping nations. We have had at least 10 Brits swap and 8 US and some just leave the server.

Koiz doesn't want a merge but yet he and other do nothing for server stability. It's the players who make a community that make it thrive.

• Like 1

To be frank here about pvp2 and the sheer amount of drama.

I have not seen the amount of bitching and moaning since March. Since Sons of Britain & Roberts. Since the Great Pirate conquest of the French territories and the Great Pirate Purge from the west-indies. That's when the server had an average of 500-600 players.

Hell, this reminds me of when all the big clans - Sons of Britain, Sons of Liberty, Invictus, Crimson Flotilla, USS jumped ship so-to-speak to pvp1 and this whole business of the server dying started. The simple fact of the matter is that people that actually want the server to grow and prosper like Loco here are fighting a battle that cannot be won without co-operation from all sides.

However he fights against the biggest problem - the problem has always been the disparate & self-destructive nature of the British and American factions on our server. Clans that go 'rogue' and that make diplomacy impossible. People that screw gentlemen's agreements due to their own ego. That only happens in GB and USA.

Am I biased? - Hell yes. I despise the factions for being so oblivious to their own crap. And this is coming from someone who was once a part of AUS.

Enough talk of 'sabotage' and so forth. My friend strugelwitz nailed it. We are the problem.

Edited by Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte
  • Like 2

One thing is for sure. By percentages pvp2 has a bigger collection of drama than Pvp1. I doubt any group in mass is trying to sabotage pvp2. It's been six months. Most of us bit the bullet and just replaced all the crap we had on pvp2 by now. I know I have so there isn't likely even materials and stuff locked on pvp2 that is worth anything to anyone anymore. If returning players should appear again, that had stuff locked on pvp2, wanting to play on pvp1 those of us there can easily replace all their stuff too. Pvp2 players you have won. You got your private low pop playground. Those of us that relocated did the extra work and no longer need anything on pvp2. Can we turn to drama machine off now? Seriously, I'm with the poster that suggested you all stay on pvp2 or goto the PVE server as you all clearly come with too much drama to bother with.

If a handful are trying to "sabotage" pvp2 to collapse it into pvp1 please stop. We don't need that headache on pvp1.

Honestly Bach, I've been considering going back to PvP2 and reunifying the Swede/France pact. PURGE wanna help? haha

• Like 1

To be frank here about pvp2 and the sheer amount of drama.

I have not seen the amount of bitching and moaning since March. Since Sons of Britain & Roberts. Since the Great Pirate conquest of the French territories and the Great Pirate Purge from the west-indies. That's when the server had an average of 500-600 players.

Hell, this reminds me of when all the big clans - Sons of Britain, Sons of Liberty, Invictus, Crimson Flotilla, USS jumped ship so-to-speak to pvp1 and this whole business of the server dying started. The simple fact of the matter is that people that actually want the server to grow and prosper like Loco here are fighting a battle that cannot be won without co-operation from all sides.

However he fights against the biggest problem - the problem has always been the disparate & self-destructive nature of the British and American factions on our server. Clans that go 'rogue' and that make diplomacy impossible. People that screw gentlemen's agreements due to their own ego. That only happens in GB and USA.

Am I biased? - Hell yes. I despise the factions for being so oblivious to their own crap. And this is coming from someone who was once a part of AUS.

Enough talk of 'sabotage' and so forth. My friend strugelwitz nailed it. We are the problem.

Ah back when the Server was alive. I loved the content created in the lesser antilles. Then all of a sudden a large portion of brits and US just "fled" to PvP1, now here we are. what to do, what to do.

Ah back when the Server was alive. I loved the content created in the lesser antilles. Then all of a sudden a large portion of brits and US just "fled" to PvP1, now here we are. what to do, what to do.

Fled after the first " merger" rumors. And thus began the server wars of 2016.

• Like 1

what are you talking about?  Everyone in WATCH except 2 active players, Zim and myself (Yar Matey), left and went pirate.  You just making stuff up?  Seems like you just made this up to me. 

I never talk to anyone really that's not in USA and I am 100% sure Zim didn't either.  The guy is always super polite and courteous.  Except for clan chat and rarely in TS, he never talks to anyone. 

Edited by Ultravis

The environment is getting pretty toxic.

There's some players that just can't help but turn the rage up after a fight no matter if it was a win or loss. I've put quite a few people on ignore as well. One of the downsides to having a small population, the signal to noise ratio is too easily thrown out of kilter.

I'm sorry to differ, really, but I don't agree with you.  I have played pvp2 France my entire time now for 7 or 8 months, and there is very little toxicity from my perspective.  There was a time when there were a bunch of people literally logging onto pvp2 and stirring up strife in global about a merge, but that hasn't happened much lately.  Literally for a period of time it was every night or every other night, but it's not happening much anymore.  The arguments you see now are mostly pirate-USA, over some personality differences from what I can see.  It's not the whole server.  Come on now, can't we all just get along?

• Like 1

The DEVS really need to work on there skills of how they give us correct info or not.  If this is so than a lot of folks might be pissed cause it's not just us that have been breaking them apart to try to get the BP's

When did the DEVS give information or the impression that breaking up these special event ships would get you a BP?
  • Like 1

what are you talking about? Everyone in WATCH except 2 active players, Zim and myself (Yar Matey), left and went pirate. You just making stuff up? Seems like you just made this up to me.

I never talk to anyone really that's not in USA and I am 100% sure Zim didn't either. The guy is always super polite and courteous. Except for clan chat and rarely in TS, he never talks to anyone.

Yes i just started playing NA two days ago and could never had have any meetings with watch before then. Lol thank God you dodnt go rat.

Agree with Teutonic - PvP1 is kinda dead at our hours.  Wouldn't mind being able to port all the stuff from pvp1 to pvp2 instead.

Best IMHO would be to merge PvP1 into PvP2.

Pvp1 is about 400-200 players EST to PCT time zones. If you added that to the PVP2 numbers then you probably get a nice competitive 600-400 USA time zones steady. Maybe more as the result may attract more players. I like playing with the Euro players in the mix. It makes the days unpredictable and the weekends full of explosive action. I'm now fully established on pvp1 and pvp2 so to be honest I don't care which I play on as long as there is fun. I can't complain on pvp1. I log in a do nothing but PvP for hours. The only thing better was early pvp2 during the French v Pirate wars. So obviously both servers can offer the fun. But there does seem to be a threshold of population needed to spread the fun around.

However, previously pvp2 players have said pvp1 social atmosphere is to toxic. Now pvp2 is too toxic. some say there are latency issues to pvp1 and others say they haven't experienced any. So what can you do? No way to keep everyone happy.

• Like 1

The only toxicity in global is people bitching. No one has mentioned server merger. But now that the original poster bought it up, I say lets do it. If it's for more pvp the yes it's a pvp server. If all the carebears who just fish and trade don't like it they know where the pve door is.

• Like 2

Yep. Bring on the merge.

I've taken to sitting outside KPR in a first-rate to get pvp but all the Rear-Admirals can seem to muster are basic cutters. Boring.

The carebears can fish and moan all they bloody want on pve.

If I saw a lonely first rate outside I would jump in my Trinc and charge at you. Stern rake the hell out of you. Haha

• Like 2

Agree with Teutonic - PvP1 is kinda dead at our hours.  Wouldn't mind being able to port all the stuff from pvp1 to pvp2 instead.

Best IMHO would be to merge PvP1 into PvP2.

at the very least I'd like an option to redeem my items from one server or another

• Like 1

I'm sorry to differ, really, but I don't agree with you.  I have played pvp2 France my entire time now for 7 or 8 months, and there is very little toxicity from my perspective.  There was a time when there were a bunch of people literally logging onto pvp2 and stirring up strife in global about a merge, but that hasn't happened much lately.  Literally for a period of time it was every night or every other night, but it's not happening much anymore.  The arguments you see now are mostly pirate-USA, over some personality differences from what I can see.  It's not the whole server.  Come on now, can't we all just get along?

Disagree if you will. I can handle it.

Over the majority of the past two months, no I'd say there hasn't been a lot of blustery nonsense in global. It's was mostly a recent development when I've been on, particularly over the weekend which is why I said getting. Some of the USA/Brit/Pirate arguments have gotten out of hand which is what led me to throwing a few people on ignore. Someone says "GF" to another and the response winds up being nothing short of grade school insults.

May just be a boiling point thing. One group wants to fight. Another group seems to want to avoid it as much as they can (for whatever the reason may be) and it's leading to a situation where some players are not getting the game play they came for and their leisure time isn't going as expected. That makes folks grouchy.

Perhaps we're on at different times so we see different things. You Frenchies are a quiet sort so it's hard to know when you're lurking in the shadows :P

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 1

Who is 'all said' No one went there no one cared about saint nic. Spain is getting hit by pirate alts, the only clan we dont speak to since they dont speak to us. Funny how they also run early hours too similar to some of the ex-spanish players and we know where those came from. Above all is the information leaking from your people about pirate plans.

Also check that ego, No one agreed to wipe out the pirates, we don't care about you and any idiot that thinks a nation can wipe out another clearly doesn't understand the games limits. On Cordova, keep playing the he said she said game, always worked well in the past.

Lol, like 12+ flags pulled on us 2 days ago. 2 biggest nations allying against us along with the French, Dutch, and Swedish nations. Why don't you name the last port anyone has taken that wasn't pirate besides your alts taking Spanish ports. Oh, but you can't because the only ports taken in the last week have been pirate ports unless it's the pirates taking ports from all there enemies. Funny thing is you put our 15 best vs. any 25 of your "alliance against the pirates" and we will destroy you. So you all pull a ton of flags and stay for port battles if we don't show. You still think taking more ports is a win yet losing a battle with the odds heavily in your favor is quickly forgotten. You'd better hope they take pirates out of port battles because with the coming changes you might see us wipe you out.

• Like 1

When did the DEVS give information or the impression that breaking up these special event ships would get you a BP?

When have they said you can't?   The problem is the DEVS don't say much of anything.   So we assume that like any other BP you can break them up and maybe get a drop of the BP from them.    Though now they have came out and told us you can't so we aren't breaking them up any more.  It's not like we have a shortage of ships, we just capture more 1st rates and craft them.   We have lost very few  compared to what the US and Brits have lost over the last few weeks.

They really need a cool down on false/defended ports that don't get captured, just like there is a cool down on the captured ones and this will stop the flag grabbing zerg.   Well until the new port batttle stuff comes out.   The other thing is two largest nations should never be able to become allied with one another.  At least not over and over.