Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Sabotage **Rumor**

Kawazz

Sadly you guys are the ones trying to pull the strings, say what you will but its clear what you guys are doing, trying to stir it up and blame it on the big old USA.

Still sounds like you have no clue what is going on and just guessing.  Ok Spain as far as I know this is what I seen happen in the last week or so.  One watch guy hit Baja and Swedes (think the ex-Spain players) and Pirates showed up to screen it but the guy had all ready planted the flag.  He didn't finish the towers and wasn't able to capture the port.   He has since gone over from US to Pirate and when asked why he did it, "Cause he had nothing better to do that hour of night."  It was main Aussie prime time.   Since than Spain had a agreement with a few US players to flip there ports from Aussie timer (the main time of the ex spian players that are now Swedes) to US prime time.  We warned them we won't be able to protect them cause this will be our main battle time.   It seem it was going good and there was a port flipped ever other night for three days.  Than suddenly one of those ports gets hit by a WTF guy.  Since we been busy with the main battles//PVP we haven't been able to screen who was hitting them other than a clan tag, but it seems a very small number of players.  Have you ever think that it could just be one Rogue clan or something?  We have never had dealings with WTF clan either.  As per your claim they might of been alts of the ex Spain players, who are not Pirates, but are Swedes now.  Just cause they use to be Pirates before that doesn't make them Pirates still.  

So now your saying you didn't care about pulling the flag for St Nick, well you said pick a port and show up and we did.  Ya'll don't show up when we bring numbers.  You only show up when it's one small clan or you have 3 vs 1 odds and even than you run half the time once one or two of your guys gets sunk.   Well the reason we picked St Nick is cause we went to Guibara first with our fleet to protect it and waited.  One US guy with the flag showed up and turned and ran when he say we had numbers.   You know it's only about 15-20 Rats that show up for these port battles so if we are at one port we won't make it to other ports. The Bahamas are only protected by a small clan trying to train new guys and US keeps showing up in numbers to curb stomp them and take multi ports while BLACK is other places fighting Brits.  That isn 't healthy for the game and they can't field the numbers to protect several ports so even if they win the battle they still loose 2 other ports.   Many of them in the last few days have stopped showing up cause they see no point in defending ports when it's 3 vs 1 odds.  So what do we do when you attacked Watling with 9 vs 3 odds?   We start to show up.   You almost had the tower down when numbers showed and it became 9 vs 7 and what did you do?  YOU RAN.   LIKE YOU ALL WAYS DO.   You had 2 more ships than we did and you ran even though it took us time to get to the tower and help the 3 guys fighting for there life.  You want to know the out come of that fight?   ZERO PIRATES SUNK.   Half of the US players SUNK (sorry don't have screen shots to show on that one) and the other half does what US does best.  You tuck your tail between your legs and run.

We been noticing a trends with the flag pullers and leaders of these fights.  They sit on the out side of the fight and only join if it looks like ya'll are wining.  Than if they aren't they run.  MOst the time they have full health and not a scratch when they pop from the fight (escaped).  Maybe if they would get into  the fight you would win more of them even when you so clearly all ways out number us.  

No we aren't cheating, it's the simple fact ya'll can't beat us on equal terms cause we have better skilled players and better team play.  BLACK has a rule we live by and it's prob cause most of us are ex military, "NEVER LEAVE A GUY BEHIND."   Something US and Brits are famous for, leavening guys behind as they run away.  This is bad for moral for your new players and even some of your older players.  Some of the lower level players that switched from US/BRIT to Pirates said this was one of the main reason.  The older more experience players leave them up to dry and don't help them in fights.  They instead run to save there own skins.  To be honest I'm so sick of the only part of a US and Brit ship I see most the time is the stern while they run away I'm starting to fit my ships for Port battles for speed instead of brawling like I normally do just to run you guys down so you can't escape.

• Like 1

Your object is pvp only. Other groups object is control of territory and resources. Some simply want a less boring environment in which to trade. You are trying to dictate that everyone plays the game your way. That's not how it works. If the US wants to pull all your flags, so be it. The game will change, until it does so, folks will play it the way they want to.

So now your saying you didn't care about pulling the flag for St Nick, well you said pick a port and show up and we did.

We never even agreed to anything. You keep bringing up st nick as if it was some battle zone we never said we were coming there. 

For Watling, we didn't run. I capped the tower but being that this was a collection of randoms they didnt listen to the plan properly and let lil loco take some shots at me which screwed my crew and didnt allow me to put anything into the tower. If that didn't happen that battle wouldn't of ended as it did. At that point all we needed was one ship. The issue here is the randoms that showed up just didnt follow the plan. If it was an all NPG fleet it would of been over before the backup got there. Yet again not my problem. At least there was a battle, all about helping out the randoms and smaller clans there.

Never said you were cheating, stop getting so defensive over nothing. Your trash talk in game is bad enough.

As for "Never Leave a Guy Behind" you take it too seriously, its a video game people don't care that much and you pirates run a lot too so don't act so noble. Everyone can make the claim players run, its a weak defense. 

Edited by koiz

On your other comments, You guys don't even travel in groups sometimes, you spread out to try and defend all the ports that were pulled. Maybe you should pick one. You blame the USA saying this is zerging but there are other people playing this game that dont talk to other clans and you dont even realize it. You act as if the USA is out to wipe all nations off the board when in reality that BS is created by you guys and the limited port timer window.

Koiz in here you say maybe we should pick one. Well we picked two and one you ran from and one your guys said you were coming. So once again you guys will do what ever to avoid a fight. Surely with this map wipe coming wouldn't you guys want to pvp and learn skills.

Also if you guys played smart at Watling you would have had us. 3 things you did wrong, not group up, no focus fire and worried about the tower too much. 9v3 if 9 were all shooting one target we would have went down fast and Lord Agememnon has to stop shooting chains at hull. This is the last time I'm going to tell you want you guys are doing wrong not my job to school the enemy.

Also it wasn't a ragtag bunch it was NPG clan. Ragtag is clanless or a mix of 3-4 clans.

sounds like you guys are having fun over there.

:P

Dead set over it Barnes. You made the smartest move. Your one of the only guys that has never ran from a fight. These guys receive heavy losses and change tactics and will only fight when it's 3-1. It's getting pretty lame. This rate a lot of people are leaving, some are saying they will come back when port wipe happens to see how it is.

So its been suspected for weeks that there is a large majority of players that are trying to sabotage the server to force a merge to PVP1.

Last night we had one confirmation of this actually being discussed, but by no means does this confirm anything. However it seems likely based on actions of some nations and others within the server. 

While I understand the desire to merge into PVP1 the are certain problems with this.

For most USA East coast players the move would be fine, but others to the west would be impacted by the change and would have latency issues.

The other issue I see is server queues would make a comeback.

Unity can scale but the engine is close to its limits already on PVP1, if the base netcode is still being used it may take a move to a 3rd party netcode that is built for MMOs.

The real issue is money, even if they are using a 3rd party netcode module it doesn't just increase your ability to scale. It cost more to handle more connections, some of these SDKs and distributed computing platforms aren't cheap.

This is a niche game already, if what has been heard is true your just destroying it for all of us.

the server was fine with 2300 ppl in

we barely reach 850 as average unity have no problem handling that dunno where you made up all this crap

• Like 1

We pulled one flag tonight so ya'll know what port we are attacking.   This is the result once they saw our fleet.

http://imgur.com/NghIdFF

We had more out side so not all 1st rates made it out.   

Though they pulled a bunch of flags and took the other ports.   None of them showed up at the St Nicolas again that we showed up to before pulling the Antonio flags.   I'm sorry you want fights but only when you have the largest odds.

So Koiz let me get this straight you lieing and twisitng bastard. WTF clan attacked pirate ports today and spanish. Did it ever occur to you maybe they aint pirate alts and just a US clan thats come back to the game. I looked up the guys name on the ports and his birth date. Maybe he had a break and is back. I think your paranoia is getting to you mate. You even mentioned you have rouge US clans so if someone goes rouge blame the pirates? 

We pulled one flag tonight so ya'll know what port we are attacking.   This is the result once they saw our fleet.

http://imgur.com/NghIdFF

We had more out side so not all 1st rates made it out.   

Though they pulled a bunch of flags and took the other ports.   None of them showed up at the St Nicolas again that we showed up to before pulling the Antonio flags.   I'm sorry you want fights but only when you have the largest odds.

I see no L'Ocean, ur fleet is puny ;)

• Like 3

A long time ago in a universe far far away, there were two nations battling it out, havin' fun (with the occasional banter) and enjoying the game. However the big bad Someone? came along and made it into a Three nation server, then four... WHATTT??.

It has been a very long time since I have even bothered to look at this server. I think the last time I was on I sold vics,pav's and all manner of ships for the price you would pay for a chinese tooth.

One of the main problems with this server is the lack of PvP. people say that the like the low pop? I say go to the PvE server, that's what it's there for, it's for those who like the lack of PvP. I am not telling you to go to PVP1, in fact I'm hoping you go to PVE one, if you are a person who likes PvP, set it up, if people don't take it under themselves to get the server moving again nothing will happen.

I say to those who like a pop of 150-200 who think that people are "sabotaging" the server, your right, you are sabotaging it yourself.

• Like 1

The DEVS really need to work on there skills of how they give us correct info or not.  If this is so than a lot of folks might be pissed cause it's not just us that have been breaking them apart to try to get the BP's

So its been suspected for weeks that there is a large majority of players that are trying to sabotage the server to force a merge to PVP1.

Last night we had one confirmation of this actually being discussed, but by no means does this confirm anything. However it seems likely based on actions of some nations and others within the server. 

While I understand the desire to merge into PVP1 the are certain problems with this.

For most USA East coast players the move would be fine, but others to the west would be impacted by the change and would have latency issues.

Unity can scale but the engine is close to its limits already on PVP1, if the base netcode is still being used it may take a move to a 3rd party netcode that is built for MMOs.

The real issue is money, even if they are using a 3rd party netcode module it doesn't just increase your ability to scale. It cost more to handle more connections, some of these SDKs and distributed computing platforms aren't cheap.

This is a niche game already, if what has been heard is true your just destroying it for all of us.

i may not play pvp 2 but on pve(Where i do play) i have noticed these ping issues and im from michigan

i have played on pvp1 and pvp2 and will tell you now that while there may be a spike every onve in a blue moon it is not bad to play on ether. The "lat" issue that everyone uses is just a cheap excuse. I say make a person on pvp1 and see how it is before making wild assumptions about what its like. OH but the lat when i start the game says 300-1000... ok i have had it say that for pvp2 as well still doesnt change that when i get on it works fine and there are not problems. And this whole sabotage thing going around is hot air. And before you go oh your just a pirate you dont know what your talking about im going to stomp that into the ground. I have played the US since Feb and it isnt till about a week ago that i left US b.c its becoming spineless just like the current US administration. Why do you think MOST of WATCH left (heres a clue) WE WERE THE ONLY ONES TRYING TO PVP AND HELP SERVER "HEALTH" but all the other clans just want CAREBEAR nation. Time to pull your head out of the sand and get with the program

• Like 3

One thing is for sure. By percentages pvp2 has a bigger collection of drama than Pvp1. I doubt any group in mass is trying to sabotage pvp2. It's been six months. Most of us bit the bullet and just replaced all the crap we had on pvp2 by now. I know I have so there isn't likely even materials and stuff locked on pvp2 that is worth anything to anyone anymore. If returning players should appear again, that had stuff locked on pvp2, wanting to play on pvp1 those of us there can easily replace all their stuff too. Pvp2 players you have won. You got your private low pop playground. Those of us that relocated did the extra work and no longer need anything on pvp2. Can we turn to drama machine off now? Seriously, I'm with the poster that suggested you all stay on pvp2 or goto the PVE server as you all clearly come with too much drama to bother with.

If a handful are trying to "sabotage" pvp2 to collapse it into pvp1 please stop. We don't need that headache on pvp1.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 4

indeed I did, I'm a Swede now :P

I'm quite enjoying it over here.

I have been seriously thinking about switching to PvP1 since the only people I have to work with in USA are NPG and FEAR.  Since FEAR is helping the British and my assets are not in a position to help on the British front, I have been trying to work with NPG since my guild WATCH fell apart, but Koiz keeps kicking me from NPG teamspeak and removing my permissions, so working with NPG has been difficult. 

Sgt. Barnes, I may join you over there as a Swede. 

I would really like to go Spanish, but theirs not enough people to keep it afloat from constant USA attacks.  Sorry Pirates, but I really want to be apart of a nation with politics, its nothing personal about you guys and that's why I never switched to Pirate. 

Since all the good players in my guild went pirate, I have received much hostility from some USA players who for some reason think I am a spy.  This is even after feeding information about pirate locations to USA players in NPG AND fighting pirates over the last 2 weeks since my clan dissolved.  I even managed to capture a pirate Bucentaure in my constitution in a really bloody fight outside Tumbato and I also capped Squedage in an engagement before his ship blew up. 

Yar

Edited by Ultravis
  • Like 1

I have been seriously thinking about switching to PvP1 since the only people I have to work with in USA are NPG and FEAR. Since FEAR is helping the British and my assets are not in a position to help on the British front, I have been trying to work with NPG since my guild WATCH fell apart, but Koiz keeps kicking me from NPG teamspeak and removing my permissions, so working with NPG has been difficult.

I would really like to go Spanish, but theirs not enough people to keep it afloat from constant USA attacks. Sorry Pirates, but I really want to be apart of a nation with politics, its nothing personal about you guys and that's why I never switched to Pirate.

Since all the good players in my guild went pirate, I have received much hostility from some USA players who for some reason think I am a spy. This is even after feeding information about pirate locations to USA players in NPG AND fighting pirates over the last 2 weeks since my clan dissolved. I even managed to capture a pirate Bucentaure in my constitution in a really bloody fight outside Tumbato and I also capped Squedage in an engagement before his ship blew up.

Yar

Not switching to Pirate is your choice bro and I respect that. Some people like it some don't. I've thought about switching too for two reasons to get more pvp and if pirates can't have 1st rates going to nation that can.

It's a shame your being accused of being a spy and Koiz kicking you from TS. I think he has his Paranoia helmet on.

I havnt been playing as much the last few days, over the drama been playing other games, and waiting for the port wipe. The empty port battles havnt been fun. Have tried to organize pvp with numerous nations and it's like talking to a wall.

• Like 1

I have been seriously thinking about switching to PvP1 since the only people I have to work with in USA are NPG and FEAR. Since FEAR is helping the British and my assets are not in a position to help on the British front, I have been trying to work with NPG since my guild WATCH fell apart, but Koiz keeps kicking me from NPG teamspeak and removing my permissions, so working with NPG has been difficult.

I would really like to go Spanish, but theirs not enough people to keep it afloat from constant USA attacks. Sorry Pirates, but I really want to be apart of a nation with politics, its nothing personal about you guys and that's why I never switched to Pirate.

Since all the good players in my guild went pirate, I have received much hostility from some USA players who for some reason think I am a spy. This is even after feeding information about pirate locations to USA players in NPG AND fighting pirates over the last 2 weeks since my clan dissolved. I even managed to capture a pirate Bucentaure in my constitution in a really bloody fight outside Tumbato and I also capped Squedage in an engagement before his ship blew up.

Yar

Having come to pvp1 from pvp2 I would offer this advice to anyone looking to switch. Pvp1 is a mixed nationality server. It has players from all over the world playing it. But they are NOT playing it 24/7 all over the world. IN the beginning on pvp2 the French players would be awake at the same time as the USA players, for example. It's not like that on pvp1. The primarily English TS speaking nations are USA, Brits and Pirates. There may be a few others but these are the main ones. This also tends to mean they have a lot of Western Hemisphere players who speak English. So if you are solo looking for TS related high coordination activities in USA time zones in English then you want to look at those nations. If you are combining over as an entire self sufficient clan then any nation will work for you and for maximum targets you don't want Brit, USA or Pirate. The largest nations on PVP1 are Britain (nearly twice the next largest) and the Dutch (the next largest). After that it is a pretty even race for third place. On pvp1 population has not guaranteed dominance. It sure helps but the map still fluctuates as there is enough population in the other nations to push back. Good luck. Edited by Bach
  • Like 2