Game-Labs Forum

1st PvP Tournament Feedback Thread [Heavily Moderated]

This is the proper place to give feedback on the 1st PvP tournament.

You must keep the conversation constructive.  This topic will be heavily moderated.

The discussion should revolve around needed changes to the format, rules, discussion of rulings, or other ways to make the tournament better overall.

Actions related to specific teams or accusations of cheating, etc. will be hidden.

I'm so sorry that I missed out on watching that fight live. Congrats to LG. It was a really nice fight. Fighting beside them is always a pleasure.

Hard to fight with someone who run.

When sorry fight arse, at end our guys where like 20% hp, and last arse was like 40% we didnt turn and run, we fight risking a lot, and at the end we boarded becouse hp wise probably we where going to lose another ship so..

We play this tournament for pvp,? or for circumnavigate the rules? score a kill then run? bountyhunter was almost full hp, while lg cerb was 5% on 1 side 10% on other so 1 volley from die, and essex 10% on 1 side 30% on other so again 2-3 volley away to die,  bounty was completely able to sink both of them.   they runned and when judge decided to force them to turn and fight take that decision on last 40 sec when was pointless. so they turned and give a token broad from faar just for proof they did it. then circle away again (first time in tournament judge need to force ppl to stop run and engage, i watched all LG match and they are the most boring of the tournament running and running)

remove timer and they where all dead. 2-3 mins more.     In 0w same engagement they where dead. So they won thx to stupid tournament timer limits, but in term of fight they lost and they where going to sink all. So is funny how a team who was going to lose all ships win by time limit.      Time should be eliminated instead be used as tool for this pity tactics.

they have 3 match and have our same points with only 2.  becouse they do this tactics over and over. 

I come for pvp, not for score kill and run for 20 mins. 

When sorry fight arse, at end our guys where like 20% hp, and last arse was like 40% we didnt turn and run, we fight risking a lot, and at the end we boarded becouse hp wise probably we where going to lose another ship so..

We play this tournament for pvp,? or for circumnavigate the rules? score a kill then run? bountyhunter was almost full hp, while lg cerb was 5% on 1 side 10% on other so 1 volley from die, and essex 10% on 1 side 30% on other so again 2-3 volley away to die,  bounty was completely able to sink both of them.   they runned and when judge decided to force them to turn and fight take that decision on last 40 sec when was pointless. so they turned and give a token broad from faar just for proof they did it. then circle away again

remove timer and they where all dead. 2-3 mins more.     In 0w same engagement they where dead. So they won thx to stupid tournament timer limits, but in term of fight they lost and they where going to sink all. So is funny how a team who was going to lose all ships win by time limit.      Time should be eliminated instead be used as tool for this pity tactics.

they have 3 match and have our same points with only 2.  becouse they do this tactics over and over. 

I come for pvp, not for score kill and run for 20 mins. 

Hello Vicious, The rules are the rules. If you dont like the rules that is fine, you can complain about the rules all you want but they are there and they are NOT subject to change unless something critical shows up. If you dont like their tactics, that is fine, do something to counter it. The Judges have the final word whether you like it or not. So if you dont like the rules or dont like the judges, feel free to withdraw from the tournament, no one is forcing you to stay here. This event is for PVP, and fun and if you are not having fun, well what is the point in continuing?

• Like 17

As a normal viewer ( and i must say I reviewed the match 3 times full length not counting the actual match ).

was a great fight from both teams. mistake were made by both and decisions were costly by both

In the entire tournament I've seen the following:

Team A extends one ship to repair or survival duties.

Team B judges the wind and separation.

Team A leftover pair keeps trying to gain local advantage.

Fight continues.

______

What happened in all other matches apart from this last one:

Team A extends one ship for repairs and survival while the other pair either shields the wind or tries to engage with local superiority.

Team B judges wind and separation and mostly decided to regain the upper hand against a different target.

----- What happened in this match !?

Team B judged the wind and separation and decided to go for a sure BR kill to equalize. Team A pair chased Team B keeping them under fire ( essex on trinc ). Was a bit a looney toons situation where dog chases cat chases mouse.

In the meanwhile the repair pulled by the remaining Trinc was smashed by the chasing Essex from the port side quarter which was really costly.

Leftover 5 minutes, kiting of 2 v 1 with damaged being done to both hull and sails. Final vectoring was against the wind.

IMO no way the Cerberus would smash both ships. Result was walready 400 -200 by then.

• Like 1

You spend about 10 minutes for chasing sinking ship. You can return and fight 2 ships chasing you, but you decide to lose your HP. Its your tactical mistake.

When bounty return in fight he cant sink us in time even in extra time was added.

• Like 1

We play this tournament for pvp,? or for circumnavigate the rules? score a kill then run? bountyhunter was almost full hp, while lg cerb was 5% on 1 side 10% on other so 1 volley from die, and essex 10% on 1 side 30% on other so again 2-3 volley away to die,  bounty was completely able to sink both of them.   they runned and when judge decided to force them to turn and fight take that decision on last 40 sec when was pointless. so they turned and give a token broad from faar just for proof they did it. then circle away again (first time in tournament judge need to force ppl to stop run and engage, i watched all LG match and they are the most boring of the tournament running and running)

They were so low because they had to focus down a ship that was technically out of the match... Pirate had to sacrifice a lot of hp just to make sure the trinc sinks in time. In a normal fight he would have been able to fight the cerb with about 40% hp on both sides. 

If anything is boring than your max firepower, pump and repair mod tactics...

• Like 2

It was a fair fight, and making excuses only makes you look bad. When you lose in a fair fight it is best to say gf and move on to the next one.

we not lost you can go beyond your hate for my clan an be intelectually honest for admit that bounty full hp was able to kill cerb at 5% hp and essex at 10% if not was for timer, they won? yes thx to a rule but not by defeating us in combat. in a real fight where ppl not run for a timer they would have been sink by our almost full cerb end of story.

they won thx to a made up rule not by sinking us.        IF you sink me and win   gf, if you run away vs a ship able to kill all of your team and win by timer. i accept lose by stupid rules but we both know that with no timer rule they lost. and they know also otherwise they not spent last 10 min running and judge not was forced for first time in tournament to OBBLIGATE  a team to stop running.

hate me or my clan willl not stop your brain to work right? i think you can still think objectively.

As a normal viewer ( and i must say I reviewed the match 3 times full length not counting the actual match ).

was a great fight from both teams. mistake were made by both and decisions were costly by both

In the entire tournament I've seen the following:

Team A extends one ship to repair or survival duties.

Team B judges the wind and separation.

Team A leftover pair keeps trying to gain local advantage.

Fight continues.

______

What happened in all other matches apart from this last one:

Team A extends one ship for repairs and survival while the other pair either shields the wind or tries to engage with local superiority.

Team B judges wind and separation and mostly decided to regain the upper hand against a different target.

----- What happened in this match !?

Team B judged the wind and separation and decided to go for a sure BR kill to equalize. Team A pair chased Team B keeping them under fire ( essex on trinc ). Was a bit a looney toons situation where dog chases cat chases mouse.

In the meanwhile the repair pulled by the remaining Trinc was smashed by the chasing Essex from the port side quarter which was really costly.

Leftover 5 minutes, kiting of 2 v 1 with damaged being done to both hull and sails. Final vectoring was against the wind.

IMO no way the Cerberus would smash both ships. Result was walready 400 -200 by then.

LoL an 80% healthy cerberus on both sides cant kill a cerb on 5%? 1 volley, and an essex at 10% with 2 volley? (they both used repair already) also why did you force them to engage if iwas all fine? what you write is against what you said in the match itself. if it was fine why intimate them to engage?

IF they where able to win by fighting they just  turned fight  and sik our cerb no? is called logic , it will help you in the future, you even negate that he could not kill them is LOL, or you incredibly bad at the game so your judge position is LOL, or you suddently lost 100point of IQ.  

did you have  brain for just do the maths? of how he just needed 3 volley for win ?     i can get you in an essex 10% on 1 side 30% on the another and a cerb at 5% on 1 side and other on 10% and me on a cerb at 80-80% and kill you both 100 times in a raw . But you will never have the balls to do it and make a video becouse you know i am right.

just some intellectual honesty will not hurt your biased point of view toward us.    Remove timer and cannons will not magicly stop to shoot, getting ppl run for a pity timer for score a win they cant archieve by fighting, becouse this will happen again and remove the timer will improve the quality of the tournament, so ppl need to win by fight not my running.  When this will happen to a team the "judge" likes i bet you will change the rule on the fly

i am not asking you to change the match but to improve a rule for the sake of all the tournament.

Perhaps they waste hp for finishing Clay, instead of leaving him sink alone, bc he should sink before timer end? Just imagine those half hp essex could do with poor cerberus.

p.s. Just noticed it allready said by one guy here :D

the cerb full hp would sink that essex at 40%   still out hp it, and the dps is not that inferior. that will made a tie for example. and clay was able then to finish the cerb. so win.   doesnt matter how you put it. if they where able to win by fighyting they would do instead run, also we not here to analize the IF, but what happened. and in that situation they not where able to win by fighting but only by timer

I am just asking objectively to modify a rule for the sake of all, since this bad thing happened on us, losing a fight not cause by losing the fight itself. since if they where forced to fight they where going to sink all.

but no. they not like me and sorry so they prefer go illogic and negate the obvious say that white is black, instead admit that such rule leave leaks for stupid results like this.  IS not thay by changing the rule that it become retroactive.. we lost by current rules. even if  we not lost the fight. you understand the issue in a pvp tournament?        change the rule is soo damn hard ? or becouse otherwise i am right? they cant swallow it? be more mature... jeez

cant answer with honesty?

answer one question they could turn and kill the cerb? the answer is none otherwise they would do.  you now, i now, they know. get over it and improve the ruleset, instead fight back the obvious . is soo hard?  you not giving us a favour that will go for future matches of all .

change the rule and improve the tournament or is soo hard to admit that rule is a mistake that bring to situations like this?

Yes LV i would say the cerb had the better chance of sinking the two ships if there was no time limit. But there is an open world timer Also. Im sure if Sorry had two ships left in open world and the timer ran out you would be calling it a great victory. So under the rules you lost. Just less time here then Open world is all.

• Like 1

So about match TDA vs RUS. Yes RUS lost that match. And yes, they hadn't chance at last minutes, but lets see record...

https://www.twitch.tv/neonthenoob/v/87218570
at 0:47:42 we may see battle chat and we see
23:50 Hethwill: 5 mins 
23:50 Hethwill: Ends at 44:00

and few minutes later...
23:54 Hethwill: will let it run to 43:00

only 1 minute... but.. Wolf 13 was sank at 43:54, so this 1 minute changed everything! If Wolf 13 didn't sink to the end RUS win this fight, but 1 more minut - and booooom, they lost it! I think it's huge mistake of judge. And RUS have the right to demand a win for this fight.

P.S. TDA was really better in this fight and my congratulation to them. It's post not about win or lose of some teams, it's about rules.

• Like 2

Funny match. I was sure, Sorry will win it, but dunno how, they lost.

cause  we got 41 mins instead 45 as rules, while essex was flooded and unable to leave the match.  seams that we have 2 match to redo and same for other teams. (tda vs rus  lg vs slrn etc) . unless judge consider by video a clear victory for one team or another with the extra time. that was supposed to be playd.. i think that in our case where both clear we where going to win as tda vs rus

cause we got 41 mins instead 45 as rules, while essex was flooded and unable to leave the match. seams that we have 2 match to redo and same for other teams. (tda vs rus lg vs slrn etc) . unless judge consider by video a clear victory for one team or another with the extra time. that was supposed to be playd.. i think that in our case where both clear we where going to win as tda vs rus

The match was opened at 1h 28mins and closed at 43mins that are 45mins fighting time. That seems right to me

• Like 4

Hethwill started the game at 23:11 and ended it at 23:56 that seems right to me. Don't know if he was stopping time because black had a dc and the official start would be at 1h26min in that case the fight was to 2min to short.

TDA vs RUS

Small Battle timer = 1:27:54 - 0:42:48 = 00:45:06

Video timer = 02:27 - 47:30 = 45:03:00

In game time timer = 23:11 - 23:56 = 00:45:00

I have NOT watched it totally so I don't know if Hethwill "stopped" the watch at some point, but regarding a potential DC, we unfortunately always said we could not stop match for it, to avoid people using it at some point (though we know most teams would not).

On a personnal point of view : I would have gladly seen RUS team win there (no offence TDA ! Love you too, but RUS are our allies and friends... :) ).

Обращение в колегию судей турнира. Просьба разобраться с судьёй Hethwill и отстранить его от судейства в виду не спортивного поведения, а точнее подсужевания команде TDA на последних минутах боя. Слова о том, что "Wolf 13 уходил от боя" не имеют основания, потому-что экипажа у него хватало только на заделку пробоин и управлять кораблём он не мог. По результатам боя присудить победу RUS или переиграть бой с другим судьёй. С уважением.

Appeal to board of judges of a tournament. I ask to consider not sports behavior of the judge of Hethwill and to take measures. He was on the side of the TDA team. His statement that "Wolf 13 avoided fight" have no reasons. Wolf 13 could not steer the ship because all crew was busy with fight for survival. By results of fight to award a victory of RUS or to change fight with other judge. Sincerely.

• Like 1

Well first and for most is that the people who are organising the tournament are doong a great job the rules are clear and simple and yes the judge(s) are human and misstakes will happen but they try to avoid it. I think dispite everything it is a great tournament and the battles have been recorded so i think if someone wants to complain check first the footage.

The only thing what i like to have chanced is the fact that the teams and players also listed in the last post so you kbow were to find further than that it is nice and fair as possible tournament

Well first and for most is that the people who are organising the tournament are doong a great job the rules are clear and simple and yes the judge(s) are human and misstakes will happen but they try to avoid it. I think dispite everything it is a great tournament and the battles have been recorded so i think if someone wants to complain check first the footage.

The only thing what i like to have chanced is the fact that the teams and players also listed in the last post so you kbow were to find further than that it is nice and fair as possible tournament

• Like 1

Обращение в колегию судей турнира. Просьба разобраться с судьёй Hethwill и отстранить его от судейства в виду не спортивного поведения, а точнее подсужевания команде TDA на последних минутах боя. Слова о том, что "Wolf 13 уходил от боя" не имеют основания, потому-что экипажа у него хватало только на заделку пробоин и управлять кораблём он не мог. По результатам боя присудить победу RUS или переиграть бой с другим судьёй. С уважением.

Appeal to board of judges of a tournament. I ask to consider not sports behavior of the judge of Hethwill and to take measures. He was on the side of the TDA team. His statement that "Wolf 13 avoided fight" have no reasons. Wolf 13 could not steer the ship because all crew was busy with fight for survival. By results of fight to award a victory of RUS or to change fight with other judge. Sincerely.

I agree there was no reason for call wolf as avoider since it was literally side by side with tda getting pounded, he could not shoot back cause too low crew,   RUS won by timer even if TDA won the fight contest

The main problem, that judge said time to end, but only in 4 minutes later he changed his mind, and that change gived win to another team.

maybe he saw his mistake that he calculated the ending time wrong ?
  • Like 1

This is the same as in football. They don't replay football matches because of mistakes made by referees they learn from their mistakes.

So as Kair has posted by three different clocks Hethwill stopped the match at the right time.

Match referees devote their free time to this but in my opinion should leave their bias at home.

MATCH length is 45min regardless of the state in play if a team used the clock to gain a win then it's within the rules maybe there should be a rule that if the opposition does not fire a shot for five minutes then a warning is issued.

In the event that thus 5 minutes is within the last 10 minutes of the match then the referee can deduct points from the fleeing team.

Maybe devs can change the mechanics of the timer so that the battle ends 45 minutes after the first movement of any ship.

With regards to the current dispute there can be no replay let us move on and stop being sore losers.

• Like 2