Game-Labs Forum

I think a great addition to the game and something that would encourage more PvP would be bounties. As a pirate player, I feel like a big part of gameplay should not just be taking merchants and plundering ports, but also running from the royal navy. I think the game would greatly benefit if taking NPCs and players of a specific nation gave you a bounty with those nations and their allies. Something significant. You could also allow players to post their own bounties for other players who annoyed them enough to drop some gold to see that person dead. When your ship is sunk or captured your bounty is cleared with the nation that sunk you and the reward is split between all the players who took part in bringing you down. I would also add a message when reading through bounties that tells you where a player was 'last seen' giving players a place to start looking, maybe citing the last port the player entered or the last place they took a ship.

This gives more incentive to jump other players over trashing NPCs and adds a fun hunting element to the game, trying to figure out ports a high-value target frequents for trading and pouncing on them when they least expect it. It also lessens the economic sting of a 'fair fight' when the prize doesn't have any goods worth taking. Players might ignore warships if they have no goods aboard, but they won't ignore them if there's a bounty on them!

In PvE servers you could extend this to having special spawns of persistent, named NPC ships who accumulate bounty until finally caught.

Anyone else like this idea?

• Like 1

bounties don't work in MMO games because your friends can claim them.

unless there is a full xp reset on death with bounty. But then it wont work for the person with a bounty on.

• Like 2

unless there is a full xp reset on death with bounty. But then it wont work for the person with a bounty on.

That can be mitigated by removing cross-faction alts, which I feel, given the nature of conquest in the game shouldn't be something allowed anyway.

The system we currently have via the forum posts ensures that alts can not abuse it.

A bounty needs to be openly claimed with proof. An alt would never expose himself to such a "mechanic".

The system we currently have via the forum posts ensures that alts can not abuse it.

A bounty needs to be openly claimed with proof. An alt would never expose himself to such a "mechanic".

Alts are also Spies, and i though they arent allowed to speack in chat or are alowed to interact with other players

Alts are also Spies, and i though they arent allowed to speack in chat or are alowed to interact with other players

Sabotage is allowed, its not a friendly golf game its an all out war. Keeping enemy in battle, tackling their fleets, providing mis information is allowed, faking attacks. is allowed.

BUT

• Open trolling and admissions that you are an alt is not allowed
  • Using alts to gain unfair advantage is not allowed by locking access to other ships is not allowed.
  • Using alts to pull people into battle is not allowed
What is hard is getting proof

If you prove that he is an saboteur - i will transfer him to Britain or to pirates.

Topic will be locked

Alts are allowed to do anything a player is allowed.

But if they can't do it anonymously, then they leave a trail.

A trail that can be followed and investigated. :):ph34r:

Player Bounties worked in Star Wars galaxies:a bounty hunter terminal would give a mission with last known location of the hunted jedi this location could be updated by using a search droid. To prevent exploit the name of the player hunted was not disclosed in the terminal, only his location.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Well the other solutions (not sure how realistic or hard is to program that) is to make bounties on ships not just players. I.E if i place a 100k bounty on Skully, that works only while he is sailing in a Victory, i doubt he will want any of his friends claiming the bounty like that :P

Edited by Ledinis

Well the other solutions (not sure how realistic or hard is to program that) is to make bounties on ships not just players. I.E if i place a 100k bounty on Skully, that works only while he is sailing in a Victory, i doubt he will want any of his friends claiming the bounty like that :P

Give them a single piece of gold and they will dive onto any scrap they can take away from me. :D

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15653-mine-mine-mine-mine/

Player Bounties worked in Star Wars galaxies:a bounty hunter terminal would give a mission with last known location of the hunted jedi this location could be updated by using a search droid. To prevent exploit the name of the player hunted was not disclosed in the terminal, only his location.

That's an elegant way of doing it. It could also assign you bounties of players close to your rank that way. There needs to be more PvP in the game outside ganking and PB's. As it is I'm fighting AI all the time and that gets a little dull.