Game-Labs Forum

September Patch Anticipation and Seasonal Wishes

Ned Loe

tCDgymw.jpg

September is almost at our doorsteps with weather temperatures slowly sinking and leaves turning into Autumn. So, here we are all quietly waiting for the next game changing patch as another Fall season marks it's existence in Naval Action log.

What are you looking forward to in 'September' patch? Tell us why this patch makes you exited. 

In the end, where would you like to see Naval Action next Fall?

P.S. Personally. I wish Naval Action and it's hard working crew success and congratulate them once again for creating the best Naval Game of all times.

Wind.   

:)

• Like 6

Well first of all a big thank you to the crew and their patience for listing to the ideas of people.

What i like to see is land in portbattle that would make it more fun, therefor also conquest mechanics

the improved version of the politics the idea is nice but it definitly need some improvements

Hopefully a dutch ship of course (pref 40 gun plus and or indiaman)

and seeing the pirates not able to capture any ports anymore

and personalisation of your ship(s), the paint is a nice start now maybe some sails and flags

and see the change of the french flag to a more historical one( the flag below had been in use for over 300 years and was replaced when napoleon came to power)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_flags#/media/File:Pavillon_royal_de_la_France.svg

Edit the flag is then more unique and also gives a better idea from a distance when dutch and french are close together broadside v broadside (already got a few friendly fire broadsides in to me thanks to the pretty similair flag)

• Like 1

I would love to see port improvements that are socially craftable...Also detaled and historic bathymetric maps for many, if not all of the ports with distinct defenses.  The need to bring multiple ship rates/types to get the job done.

• Like 2

Oh where to start...

- bathymetry in all instances including Ports

- captain paths with mutually exclusive use of "perks", for Maritime trade career, Navy career, shipwright, privateer armateur, etc.

- complete revamp of crew modules to mimic historical setups

- ironman mode for pirate ( defeat with capture resets all assets, sinking more than 750m from coast resets all assets ) choice with Infamy Letters - " %infamy_rank% pirate captain prized X ships in %region% in the last 48 hours"

• Like 4

Since i see its a pure wishlist... let us begin:

A complete rehaul of crafting, with specializations and specialized resources to limit only the best ships crafted exclusively, bringing more variety to battles.

1 Durability ships.

Upgradable ports/buildings in ports that would require a national effort.

MOAR NEW SHIPS !!!1!!!one!!!!eleven!

New PB mechanics, land in pb's new conquest mechanics that give enough prep time for a nation and makes port battles actual fights instead of zerging empty ports.

Rewamp on mods (really doubt that instaling copper plating on a fishing boat a.k.a lynx would take as much materials and labor hours as putting one on a floating empire state building like the Santisima)

Resources spread over the map, not having all of the 10 mins sail away from the capital.

The return of port buying goods by demand, seriously... make it scale not just go instantly form selling for 1500 one compass wood and then 1 gold for the next....

Reward tokens form pvp, with a reward shop to redeem something awesome for them.

A shiny UI would be awesome but leave it for the end imo.

More mission/event variety.

Ship drafts and shallows in combat

Edited by Ledinis
  • Like 2

I would love to see port improvements that are socially craftable...Also detaled and historic bathymetric maps for many, if not all of the ports with distinct defenses.  The need to bring multiple ship rates/types to get the job done.

Oh where to start...

- bathymetry in all instances including Ports

- captain paths with mutually exclusive use of "perks", for Maritime trade career, Navy career, shipwright, privateer armateur, etc.

- complete revamp of crew modules to mimic historical setups

- ironman mode for pirate ( defeat with capture resets all assets, sinking more than 750m from coast resets all assets ) choice with Infamy Letters - " %infamy_rank% pirate captain prized X ships in %region% in the last 48 hours"

+1 ^^

We need ship drafts! Even if the bathymetry was simplified in some way. I like your perks ideas - but first perks should be toned down to avoid "gear check" fight. Some modules as well. Marines as crew to be purchased.

Pirates acting as well pirates not a nation - Hethwill I think your ironman mode is too much we want to have some pirates to fight after all :)

We need something for end-level-users, as more and more Rear Admirals are present.

Open world PVP is a mess as it is now. People don't want to fight, only if they are clearly overpowered. In the Beginning of Alpha this was completely different. We must give them something that makes a fight worth, even when you lose, even when you dont need xp or gold.

So I would love to see reputation points. Let's make a simple calculation:

Player A + B join a battle in open world PVP against player C. A is in a Cerberus, B in a Surprise and C in a Constitution. A+B's BR is 240, C is 300, so A+B gain 5 rep points for being inferior in this battle. During the battle, the Consti sinks the Cerberus, then the Surprise escapes. A gains 3 points for sacrifying his life for admiralty, B gets 1 point for successful escape, C gets 10 points for his kill and another 5 for winning the battle. So ...

- A has 8 points

- B has 6 points

- C has 15 points

What to do with reputation points? You can trade them for a certain service of admiralty. This service provides something that is otherwise impossible in the game. Something that is convenient for you as it helps you in common tasks. As ...

- for 25 points you can setup one delivery from any port to any port (bringing mats to your capital for example)

- for 40 points you can teleport home one time with cargo (saving ship and cargo when you are in trouble)

- for 50 points you can teleport your ship to one time to a friendly harbour of your choice (helping you to explore outer rim)

- for 100 points you can start a port battle without the need of planting the flag

These are only examples. Bring players to fight, even when they have reached the highest level, have 5 millons on their bank account and have the highest craft level. This would be my dream for september ....

Edit: -- and lose all reputation points when logging off in battle screen

Edit: -- for 50 points remove one permanent upgrade

-- for 100 points get 500 labour hours

Edited by mikawa
  • Like 2