Game-Labs Forum

Tournaments for everyone

Integrate tournaments into standard gameplay.

Implement something like CS go's matchmaking to find a 3 vs 3 match setup, instead of the current small battle / large battle mechanic.

Maybe make options to choose

- light ships battle (all ships up to two masts)

- frigates battle (all frigates up to consti)

- ships of the line (all ships above consti)

Matchmaking should shuffle teams until the br is almost equal.

Anyone can use the Small Battles and do that already. The format at the moment is exactly the same as the running tournament.

It shuffles BR of individuals or makes it group vs group. It expects groups to be equivalent BR.

3+1 v 3+1

So what else you need ?...

I am with amonacc here. The game is about OW. There's arenas open all the time.

I'd hate to see the grand game, open living sandbox world, being pushed aside by constant "arenas".

There are some really good gaming communities here with long histories maybe some hardware prizes might be the order of the day.

Do I see a sponsor? :D

I don't know how the tournament is implement, nor do I care too much because I like Open World better.

That being said, maybe add a "Trading" window in which bets are placed by the two teams? Winner takes all (including captured ships).

All development effort imo should be aimed at what NA is - openworld, sandbox, credible age of sail combat and conquest.

If anyone needs the "wargaming" thing - Get together, organize things, run the event. The arena works perfectly as we all can see.

• Like 2