Game-Labs Forum

Another Wipe after the next Gold/Ship/Item wipe?

When me and my friends heard before a few month, that there will be a port wipe, we decided to stop playing and waiting for it, because we saw no sense in waiting hours for PB timer for ports that will wiped anyway later.

So i asked since that every few weeks Naval Action Players if the port wipes already happened. Before a few days i heard finally that the upcomming conquest changes includes regular map wipes, which meant for me that it would pretty silly to wait any longer. I started again playing, made some progress, just informed my friends that they should play again and then i got the info about the Gold/Ship wipe that will come in 3+ month.

Iam not in the mood to start asking in 3 month every few weeks for probably some more month, if that wipe had already happend, so Iam asking now if theres another wipe after that (probably before release?) and if its so, when is the release of the game?

There will be no wipe - please stop listening to rumors about wipes. Wipes if happen will be announced 30 days in advance. The next wipe that will happen (dont know when) will only reset all ports to neutral on pvp servers, nothing else will be affected.

We now know that September will include a Port reset. October might include one, not sure yet.

However we also know that Season Ends might be in as well.

Total victory should become possible (with the map reset afterwards)

If capitals become capturable this can lead to clear win conditions and map resets (seasons) with rewards for map victory. Current design is more real life with flowing changes of power (like in Eve), but maybe Battle Royale design is better.

Thus we come to the point where we, as players, are in control of the upcoming wipe. :)

The true problem I see is how are we going to test Exterminatus? :D

And yes, we do need to test it. So who should we let win Season #1?

• Like 1

Iam not talking about the upcomming port wipes.

I dont know where it is written that there will be an assets wipe, but a guy in global Chat with a coloured name (dev, admin,mod?) said yesterday that it will happen in 3+ month and some other players confirmed me that there will be an assets wipe, so i believe its also written somewhere.

Edited by zeeph

You make this sound like work or real life where you would actually loose something.

It's about playing this as a game. If you loose your ships and have to start over, so what. I had fun gathering alle the shit I have right now including at least 5 first rates.

If it's gone: I'll have fun doing it over again.

Crafting XP is the only thing that would really annoy me if it was resetted since it wasn't really fun getting to level 50. But as far as I understand they won't wipe any kind of xp.

I would advise you to get back into the game. Enjoy and stop worrying about pixel assets :-)

Edited by Chimera

As Skully already posted, the admin said that there wont be another wipe. And that "it wont be" should also include the one that may happen sometime.

I belive, it might be fun at least to loose the gold and the ships as long as you got your level. In that case they may be able to get a function economic system.

Further if its is not even declared nor official announced and so far in the future, I dont think that it is worth to discuss about it.

• Like 1

Theres no reason for me to play untill the last assets wipe.

Actually when i would continue to play I would loose a lot of my time for nothing. Its no fun to work towards a goal, that will wiped away.I cant be happy with something new that i will loose anyway without beeing responsibly for that and even in pvp idc anymore if an enemy would loose a ship in a battle, because ye...

That doesnt mean that Iam a cry bitch as soon I loose a ship in battle, without that feature i wouldnt play that game.

But dont misunderstand me, if you ask me I would recomment to continue that game and test every feature they will implement in that time.Because NA is a great project and I will have a lot of fun in the future with that game, like I had before.But my friends and I decide to stay away untill the last wipe.

@Twig: And a Admin said yesterday that there will be one, pretty enough official for me.

Edited by zeeph

Don't know how the proper saying is in English.

In German it would be "der Weg ist das Ziel" - something like "the journey is the goal" if that makes any sense.

If that doesn't motivate you I'm afraid we can't help you here. Nobody knows what's in the cards for this game. It's an alpha. Devs have a roadmap they try to stick to. If they get it all done there will be some form of release end of the year. If stuff gets delayed by storms it will be sometimes later.

Even if they will wipe (which we don't know for sure) we don't know when and we don't know if it will be the last wipe

• Like 1

[...]and we don't know if it will be the last wipe

Thats the only reason i started this thread. I want to know if there will be another after the next, or if probably there will be another.

So if there will be another, or only probably, i like to know when the release might be. I dont need the excat date of release, but something like in 6 month, or 12 or whatever is enough for me.I only like to avoid that i have to contact regulary ppl to ask or to read through all patch notes in the future.

I dont care If people still dont believe in the next assets wipe, nor do I want to discuss this topic. All i wanna know is in the upper sentence to read. Anyway Iam sure that at the end of the day everyone will know about the upcomming assets wipe.

To those saying there wont be any asset wipes, that is not true. There will be an asset wipe (so everything except xp and ranks) at the very least upon release(exact date un know, expect it sometime after november), there might come one earlier if change in game mechanics forces it.

Tbh, I like it that there will be an asset wipe. A new world, ripe for the taking.

Still thinking if I would like it to also be an exp wipe, for a truly fresh start (i know there won't be an exp wipe, just thinking aliud if exp wipe would make the game more interesting to start anew or more annoying to do it all again).

btw, anyone knows if learned BPs will get erased from crafting at the wipe?

Iam not talking about the upcomming port wipes.

I dont know where it is written that there will be an assets wipe, but a guy in global Chat with a coloured name (dev, admin,mod?) said yesterday that it will happen in 3+ month and some other players confirmed me that there will be an assets wipe, so i believe its also written somewhere.

On release there will "PROBABLY" be a wipe.  There needs to be a wipe sometime before then to test the economy stuff in theory but since the release date is already pushed 3 months from the original November/December dream date i would be of the opinion that waiting for anything is just silly, play now and enjoy. 

I welcome the wipe...i encourage the wipe.  the world needs a wipe.

There will be a wipe.   BPs will be wiped,  Xp wond wipe but maybe crafting will who knows after the rework.    There should be wipes for the economy stuff also ...

WHEN?   Not till november i would think and since release is probably pushed back at least 3 months based on development schedules I would think you would be silly to wait at all.

IMO wipe every month would be great.

bah double posts

Edited by Fastidius

To those saying there wont be any asset wipes, that is not true. There will be an asset wipe (so everything except xp and ranks) at the very least upon release(exact date un know, expect it sometime after november), there might come one earlier if change in game mechanics forces it.

And if the game mechanics contain a Season End, then it is no longer about the assets you attain.

"der Weg ist das Ziel"

"It is better to travel hopefully than arrive"

"May you live in interesting times!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times

We, the players, are the ultimate content and should live the stories we create ourselves.

• Like 1

To be honest I wouldn't mind one so some of these guys sitting on milllion of gold and tons of ships can start over a bit and re test some of the items of leveling up that they haven't touched in patches and patches ago.

Wipe is a must.  I understand that some want to wait over the asset wipe but...  If you test the game, learn all things etc., you will have a small advantage after the wipe.  The game has definitely some broken things, I really do hope they get those fixed.  Not sure if the additional 3 months will do it in the end.

I think that I am ok with a wipe, except...  Crafting XP was a tedious grind, it is the only thing that I really would like to keep.  Also probably better for the economy early on, as we have multiple lvl50 crafters, instead of couple who are boosted by their clan at the begging.

Ranks are pretty fast to get, and it is a lot more fun to level than to grind crafting xp.

Wipes are good :) It makes it easy not to have angst and consternation about not having something.

Breaks are also good. Don't get burned out on an excellent game before it even releases. I hurt my back at work a couple weeks back, and it was a bit refreshing to pick up a gamepad and relax on the couch.

For what it's worth - we're at the end of summer, soon to be fall. Get out, see things, meet interesting people, live life! Winter will be here soon enough. :)

• Like 1

Theres no reason for me to play untill the last assets wipe.

Actually when i would continue to play I would loose a lot of my time for nothing. Its no fun to work towards a goal, that will wiped away.I cant be happy with something new that i will loose anyway without beeing responsibly for that and even in pvp idc anymore if an enemy would loose a ship in a battle, because ye...

That doesnt mean that Iam a cry bitch as soon I loose a ship in battle, without that feature i wouldnt play that game.

But dont misunderstand me, if you ask me I would recomment to continue that game and test every feature they will implement in that time.Because NA is a great project and I will have a lot of fun in the future with that game, like I had before.But my friends and I decide to stay away untill the last wipe.

@Twig: And a Admin said yesterday that there will be one, pretty enough official for me.

If you don't want to play, don't play.  I have no issues with them wiping everything out and starting again.  I feel that is to my advantage - I can apply my knowledge of the game and progress quicker than others (maybe...).  Or at least I can effectively measure myself against others. 

Many, many other games wipe periodically.  I played Diablo 3 for several years, and they ran seasons where you started afresh every 3-4 months. 

It is MUCH more fun starting out with a level playing field knowing you are racing to get ahead - whereas with NA at the moment, you see port battles where there are 25 1st-rates against 25 1st-rates.  Far too many people have maxed out and the challenge of progressing and growing has gone.  People starting new in NA struggle to get into the game as there is such a disparity between top and bottom players.

• Like 1