Game-Labs Forum

English take again advantage !!

Hi

Cheers Developpers,

Once again, the english take advantage for the second time with the week wrecks event.

Warning !! If they will take once again advantage, the others comunities will boycott this game. 

Why have they always advantage in this game ?

what is your goal ? upgrade the internationnal people to ,play this game or only want english players for this game ?

• Like 1

Over time as more events have spawned such an advantage becomes evened out.

So the only moment this is a true advantage is at the start of a Season, or early in. Therefore these events must not be active in the early stages of a Season, when Nations are still building up.

what is your goal ? upgrade the internationnal people to ,play this game or only want english players for this game ?

Isn't like every one international to every one else?  I mean I'm a US gamer that plays both US and Pirate, so to me every one else is International including the Brits.  Though I have notice that the US and Brits tend to get a lot of these chest, but I think it's more cause they are the most populated game nations and that is why they have more odds to get stuff.  This also means they tend to be more powerful and continue to be more powerful cause they have stuff other nations don't.

Over time as more events have spawned such an advantage becomes evened out.

So the only moment this is a true advantage is at the start of a Season, or early in. Therefore these events must not be active in the early stages of a Season, when Nations are still building up.

Nice concept, but this isn't how things work.  Every one is going to be pissed and leave there nations to get the better goodies or get tired of being steamed rolled by those that have the better items.  This has thrown game balance way out of the window.  People won't even fight in shallow water cause of the Heavy Rattler Zerg on my server from one nation that has the Blue Print.

The proper way to make this work is you give the BP's to the smaller building nations and than give it to the strong ones later.   That is called game balance something it seems there is little concept of when thinking of things like these events.

How are the english taking advantage? the event location is randomly located, they figured rough location out. What is stopping any other nation from doing the same?

Well thats kinda obvious Olav.... he is not part of us lizard people illuminati group.

First off its British and secondly nonsense.

When I (and about 6-8) others arrived at our 'guess' based on the clues as to where the fleet would pop, we arrived ONE HOUR early.

We had researched and prepared. 6 warships, 3-4 trader ships ready to pounce.

However on arrival we saw a 10+ US Fleet...a huge Dane fleet....a fistful of Swedes (correct use of the collective noun there btw) and several scary looking Pirate 2nd rates.

We ended up being only ONE map square from the 'pop' based on intelligence.

So we took advantage of :

1) The clues

2) Being prepared

3) Working together

What part of those 3 things were not available to you ?

"Warning !! If they will take once again advantage, the others comunities will boycott this game. "

I am impressed however that all the other nations have elected you as their spokesperson and you are here to offer their collective ultimatum....where would you like the next event to be...perhaps you could provide the long/lat.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

First off its British and secondly nonsense.

When I (and about 6-8) others arrived at our 'guess' based on the clues as to where the fleet would pop, we arrived ONE HOUR early.

We had researched and prepared. 6 warships, 3-4 trader ships ready to pounce.

However on arrival we saw a 10+ US Fleet...a huge Dane fleet....a fistful of Swedes (correct use of the collective noun there btw) and several scary looking Pirate 2nd rates.

We ended up being only ONE map square from the 'pop' based on intelligence.

So we took advantage of :

1) The clues

2) Being prepared

3) Working together

What part of those 3 things were not available to you ?

"Warning !! If they will take once again advantage, the others comunities will boycott this game. "

I am impressed however that all the other nations have elected you as their spokesperson and you are here to offer their collective ultimatum....where would you like the next event to be...perhaps you could provide the long/lat.

Gotta love how you dont give up and keep trying to talk sense into the minds of simpletons all around the forums. Its like trying to teach a toddler advanced calculus :P 

I love these events - I hate the mechanics.

I hate the constant EU timezone - event in British territory but still at EU timezone.

We were 2 grids away when it popped but all shipwrecks were empty by the time we got there - 256 chest ???? more like 26.

So many nations sailing together seems wrong but it is great to see factions you might not otherwise see in normal play.

Been to both events - empty both times - pointless exercise in regard to booty but still a great time to be had.

We chased every pirate we saw & generally had a good time even though we got zip as usual.

Unfortunately due to the timing of the event it is around 3.30 - 4.00 am when it finishes for us so we cannot properly play the event due to fatigue.

Maybe one day the devs will think of other players around the world & offer an event they can properly participate in.

I love these events - I hate the mechanics.

I hate the constant EU timezone - event in British territory but still at EU timezone.

We were 2 grids away when it popped but all shipwrecks were empty by the time we got there - 256 chest ???? more like 26.

So many nations sailing together seems wrong but it is great to see factions you might not otherwise see in normal play.

Been to both events - empty both times - pointless exercise in regard to booty but still a great time to be had.

We chased every pirate we saw & generally had a good time even though we got zip as usual.

Unfortunately due to the timing of the event it is around 3.30 - 4.00 am when it finishes for us so we cannot properly play the event due to fatigue.

Maybe one day the devs will think of other players around the world & offer an event they can properly participate in.

Devs have already stated that in the future these will be totally random in both location and timezone allowing each timezone to get a decent shot without having to wake up at 3a.m

The event management needs a little work. But that is why we are testing it and I have no doubt it will get improved.

To some it may seem unfair as certain players get an early monopoly on certain new ship designs. But these ships are only slightly better than what we already have. About the only way these ships will sway anything is if they are somehow used in bulk. Like a port battle with one side all Hvy Rattlesnakes or L'Oceans. But over time this won't be the case and if any of these ships truly start to show huge superiority over the more common ones it will just get nerfed back to a slight advantage. Again, we're testing.

Kudos to those that figured out how to determine a good guess on where the event occurred.

Some suggestions to those running the events:

The wrecks are showing up early. Not a huge issue, but it could be for those logging in the early morning just for the event.

It would be far more interesting in the derelicts randomly spawned treasure throughout the day (slowly) to force contests for control of this sea zone. Rather than all at once.

Also, I think it would make for a better contest if the derelicts spawned along the path of travel of the treasure fleet rather than all in one spot. This would make it harder to guard or control the entire group of derelicts at one time.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

The real problem is why aren't crafters getting these rare BPs for... you know... skill or tenacity at crafting? Instead they are handed out to players who win a dodgily constructed race?

Seriously, again and again crafters are boned by the devs' willy-nilly handing out valuable items (gold mods from sealed boytles killing that crafting market for example) or thr completely random nature of BP drops.

Give crafters something for their efforts.

Also, if you want PvP you might reflect on the fact that - for the 2nd week in a row - the special event was a massive flop while the player ran tourny was a huge success.

Might be a lesson in there somewhere.

• Like 2

Seriously, random events are unfair?  Wow. :rolleyes:

My suggestion on improving the events (perhaps suggested elsewhere?) would be to add immediate periodic events, completely randomly generated.  Perhaps once every 2 or 3 days average time span, unpredictable in both time generated and location generated, so eventually everyone tends to get a shot no matter what time zone you're in or faction you play.  These events would spawn and everyone in-game would know about them immediately.  This would be in addition to the pre-announced (pre-found) events like we've already been having.