Game-Labs Forum
Henry d'Esterre Darby

*Official* Dead Mans Chest Event Feedback - Heavily Moderated

As for the it has massive criticism so just stop trying to advance and drop it statement... well ill just let you think about it yourself on that and where we would be as a species if everyone followed through with that logic. Both the moderators and developers already posted that they have taken all the normal criticism after the first event into consideration, but they wanted to see if the second event will pan out any differently than the first one when people already know how it goes. They already confirmed that they will be trying limited chests per person and maybe even putting a flag on the players carrying the flags (these were proposed by 80% of the players after the first event).

But this thing puts things even worse. Most chest go to 2 big clans who ganking all rest, not fight wich self - more angry ppl, more ppl left - next faill. BP in chest are to tempting, no chanse for fair play, and most players be no chanse get anything. Why try revive dead cow, ist easier buyng new. And this time for mayority of ppl, not for couple from big clans.

*** Nothing to do with feedback for the Deadman's Chest event.  - H. Darby

Edited by Guest

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby

My suggestion on improving the events (perhaps suggested elsewhere?) would be to add immediate periodic events, completely randomly generated.  Perhaps once every 2 or 3 days average time span, unpredictable in both time generated and location generated, so eventually everyone tends to get a shot no matter what time zone you're in or faction you play.  These events would spawn and everyone in-game would know about them immediately.  This would be in addition to the pre-announced (pre-found) events like we've already been having.

• Like 1

• Like 1

You're right, most of us are complaining because we think it is not a fair way for the majority of player to get the BP's.

But also, to be honest, the event sucks as it is. I think it shoud be fun, but atm it is not at all.

You're making a huge assumption - that the Developers want a majority of the players to get certain BPs.

Some ships, by design, will be rare.  Right now, that means not a lot of BPs floating around.  Down the road, it will likely mean something different.

You're making a huge assumption - that the Developers want a majority of the players to get certain BPs.

Some ships, by design, will be rare. Right now, that means not a lot of BPs floating around. Down the road, it will likely mean something different.

In a perfect NA world, it would be the economy that would cause scarcity of 1rst rate and other large ships. Not some random luck (being at the right place at the right time) or RNG. Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

You're making a huge assumption - that the Developers want a majority of the players to get certain BPs.

Some ships, by design, will be rare.  Right now, that means not a lot of BPs floating around.  Down the road, it will likely mean something different.

There have been hints that the way BP's are earned will change.  Is there any news on what direction that change will be going?  I think we can all appreciate rarity in BP's.  We all remember struggling to get the Ingerman BP.  I think it is how you balance rarity with grind/frustration that you get into the sweet spot.  

I will not lie, I am desperately ready for some new BP's.  The crafting side of this game is where I spend most of my time.  I think some ways for crafters to use XP to unlock ship BP's in a crafting tree would make more sense.  Where crafters perhaps must choose a ship branch to specialize in.  However, under this system you would eventually be able to get whatever BP you like as long as you grind enough crafting xp.

I know I went off topic, but this relates directly to the event in as much as I woke up in the middle of the night (I have two young children) and stayed awake for hours giving it a go.  I don't do that often but if BP's are involved I will do my best.  

I would love more pvp events but putting all the candy in that one basket can rather than spreading it about can be hard on folks.

Just my 2 cents.  Fatts out. o7

And please don't make me say what i haven't said mister Darby. I said a vast majority of players thought it wasn't a FAIR WAY to get the BP's, not that it wasn't fair that a vast majority of players couldn't have the BP. You too made a huge assumption...

Edit: And what about this topic? Is it off topic to ask why changes about deadman's chests are announced on only one server (haven't seen anything on the forums or on the pve server)? Can we have some official "feedback" on our feedback, and be advised of the things being changed plz? And again, it is about pvp. What about the "treasure fleet" for the PvE? will the current event or the treasure fleet be the only way to get some chests on the pve server? 

Second edit: If the Devs don't want a majority of us to get certain BP's, can we know based on what criterias we can hope to get our hands on it?

Edited by Anarcke
  • Like 1

• Like 1

GG devs the guys who got the bp for the ships are never on. I know the few players who got the bp's so your idea of the ships being rare is working.

PvP2 yeah is a low pop server at peak hovers at 200 people 3 hours before the event it was at 350 people. The regular players who play everyday and support the game are being left out. While guys who hardly play log in because they have the FOMO syndrome. So where did these people come from?

*** Nothing to do with feedback for the Deadman's Chest event.  This is your last free edit for off topic before I issue a warning.  - H. Darby

• Like 2

*** Nothing to do with feedback for the Deadman's Chest event.  Let the moderators moderate please - there is a report function for a reason.  This is your last free edit for off topic before I issue a warning.  - H. Darby

• Like 1

All right, last free edit before warning...So, can we please have some news about what is planned or happening about the events? Just to see if our feedback is useful for something or if more details or feedback is needed? Before other people come with another disrespectful comment  and we have to answer to him, and then take a warning. Since the last event we have no info at all....

• Like 1

There is nothing further known about events (other than, I believe, they may be held more frequently) at this time that is not already in this thread.

chest in PB? terrible idea. Now acces to PB is dificult, and be more dificult in new PB system. If prisez be to good, if you not in big clan, you never get to PB - and screen fleets this is technicaly no PB - no chest. New system cause less, but biger battle - no more batles on couple 4 or 6 rank - only 1. Ok if in chest be no BP,  or can be finding it by another (not this event) means, accesible for smaler group of players or solo play. But i think this is one more step in wrong direction. First content for majority of players -solo or in smal group, next content for big group - big group have lot of content, solo have close to nothing, and more and more changes work in wrong way. I afraid new changes in ecconomy - if crafting be more dificcult for solo player, this game lost last solid solo content. I hope changes be not in this direction, many ppl may left game, if cannot play in solo or small group, especialy if clans not change its behavior.

• Like 3

There is nothing further known about events (other than, I believe, they may be held more frequently) at this time that is not already in this thread.

In chat a mod (or dev? A green guy) said that they will limit chests to 1 per player.

About the rewards, make the chests early access. BPs for everyone next month with chests dropping them early (+paint and other stuff). That sounds like a fair balance, even for OP ships like the heavy rattle.

In chat a mod (or dev? A green guy) said that they will limit chests to 1 per player.

I can't find that statement anywhere in the part of pvp chat published in #289, and I highly doubt it was said. Pls provide a source.

If the event gets limited to 1 chest per player,  they might just as well give 1 as redeeemable to each player. Particularly with the current average content of the chests (aka crap) this would making it totally pointless.taking an effort, trying to get messages and trying to figure the spot of the event

This would simply kill the event part of the event 

If it's 1 chest only i wouldn't waste time on this.

I can't find that statement anywhere in the part of pvp chat published in #289, and I highly doubt it was said. Pls provide a source.

If the event gets limited to 1 chest per player,  they might just as well give 1 as redeeemable to each player. Particularly with the current average content of the chests (aka crap) this would making it totally pointless.taking an effort, trying to get messages and trying to figure the spot of the event

This would simply kill the event part of the event 

If it's 1 chest only i wouldn't waste time on this.

Maybe limiting to 3 chests on the pvp servers could be a good compromise, it would allow players already having one to attack other players in order to get more chests, and maybe become an incentive for pvp. Just a guessing, i may very well be wrong.

If chests are obtained in pvp battles like port battles, maybe the best player can have 2-3 as a reward, the second 2 chests, and the third 1 chest. Maybe it does not have to be "deadman's chests" but another kind of reward with the same kind of loot.

What i'm curious to know is what is planned for the pve servers, since the pvp players will have several ways to obtain those chests. As said in this thread, it could be a good thing to add some pve "specific" content ingame and in the forums, or alternative ways to interact with the already ingame content, that better fits with a pve gameplay. Could be allowing an aggressive behaviour from npc warships, like before, or more things in that way. I understand that pvp players don't like it, but in the pve side, it was a good thing imo. I may even attract some new players that are more pve oriented, and be good for the "game life" in general.

these BP's will be wiped in a few months time for release anyway so what would it matter if we were able to get them easier for the time being so ships could be properly tested. since alpha and all..

these BP's will be wiped in a few months time for release anyway so what would it matter if we were able to get them easier for the time being so ships could be properly tested. since alpha and all..

Well you're right about the BP's for themselves. The other point is how the events can be implemented, what rewards can make the players participate in the events, how it can be balanced, those kinds of thing, before the release. That's why i'm ok with the rarity of BP's, but much less with the actual way for getting them. As testers, we "have" to test the events too, and if there where only paints as rewards, then maybe we would'nt see so much people participating.

Edited by Anarcke