Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

Look at PvE server ports and then move your econ accordingly asap. For US players,  Charleston (and ports around it) is the best safe Econ hub. When reset happens we will have Spain at our doorsteps knocking with all they got. 

I advise US fleet to increase patrols around Free Ports and expect Spain to start relocating their fleet during the night. 

If US leaders have any questions please PM me. 

1st US front line will look like this:

TBdf0Nw.jpg

so on topic with this when this does happen in october if things go well what about plymoth if this is the case ill have to move out a few rates my npc fleet boats(because i like to go in my santa with surprises and go mess with stuff) 

I'm not sure about Saint-Malo and Biloxi not being in the Louisiana region, with Nouvelles-Orléans. Biloxi was the capital of Lousiana before it moved to Nouvelles-Orléans. I understand that region might become too large but still.

I'm not sure about Saint-Malo and Biloxi not being in the Louisiana region, with Nouvelles-Orléans. Biloxi was the capital of Lousiana before it moved to Nouvelles-Orléans. I understand that region might become too large but still.

The regions are based on the situation in 1780-1800 (approximately).

• In 1763, France had ceded Louisiana (from the Sabine River to the Perdido River) to Spain, and Spain had ceded eastern Louisiana (from the Mississippi to the Perdido) and Florida to Britain. Eastern Louisiana had been incorporated into the new West Florida region.
  • In 1783, Spain got Florida back and set the Florida Occidental region from the Mississippi to the Apalachicola.
  • In 1800, France got western Louisiana back.
  • In 1803, France sold western Louisiana to the US.

So the proposed Louisiana region, from the Sabine to the Mississippi, is the region that existed from 1763 to 1803.

• Like 1

By all means do this, but please increase the cap on the number of ships you can have in port (at least your capital) from 5 to 20-30 or so.

20-30 is a bit to much, but I can see maybe making it 10 in the capital and 5 every where else.  That are do the drydock thing.  many folks I know use there FLEET slots for drydock spots.

Or - at least - create a drydock system in the capital city, as it was in POTBS

I would be happy with 10 ports, but a drydock system in the capital would be cool too.   

I'm curious why you think anyone would leave because of the patch??

Than it's there lost and they had no clue what an EA Alpha means.  To be honest I think when the game goes live we should start all over with maybe a few gift for doing NA, but we have to level all over like new players will have to.  So a wipe of a port is nothing.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Regarding appointed Capitals for each nation in next September wipe, we understood that players community may suggest other capital location.

If it's the case, a majority of Spanish nation players would appreciate the devs to consider CARTAGENA DE INDIAS as the SPANISH CAPITAL instead of current La Habana.

Thank you for your comments.

Frog

• Like 1

The RAE, EI & CELTI clans are the majority of the Spanish nation,

Sanchez before posting you better check with your clan leader as this suggestion of Capital change has been requested by your clan...

Thank you

We would appreciate Devs comments about that suggestion and it does not imply anything else but evaluation.

cheers

May I ask how did you estimated this majority of spanish players that want to go to Cartagena?

I want to add that go to Cartagena the Indias is a nonsense.

Alex, you know that the most of the spanish hate La Habana as capital, we know that you love it, but the 80% of the spanish players are annoyed with La Habana

• Like 1

Alex, you know that the most of the spanish hate La Habana as capital, we know that you love it, but the 80% of the spanish players are annoyed with La Habana

I have no opinion on moving the Spanish Capital either way, but looking at your poll in another topic and seeing the options listed there I want to add that moving Spain to Santo Domingo would be a terrible idea. The Antilles is overcrowded already, and moving the Spanish Capital there would lead to four or five nations fighting over a tiny portion of the map, and the rest of the map being left to the US, Pirates and Britain. 

• Like 1

If you look in the pool opened by RAE through the spanish section fo this forum link it seems that - at least right now - La Habana has the same votes as Cartagena

So how did someone decided that the "majority" of spanish players are wanting Cartagena as capital and that the "80%" are annoyed with La Habana, is really beyond my imagination.

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

I wouldn't consider too weighty a poll like that shared in this forum either way. People from other nations can easily pick up on the meaning of the topic and click in on the poll to vote in their own interest even if they do not speak a word of Spanish, or have ever played as a Spanish player.

I wouldn't consider too weighty a poll like that shared in this forum either way. People from other nations can easily pick up on the meaning of the topic and click in on the poll to vote in their own interest even if they do not speak a word of Spanish, or have ever played as a Spanish player.

I still believe in the decency of other nation players.

Thank you Sanchez to give us your strategical vision.

However, we all know that today's Alliances will not be affected by the upcoming wipe.

Considering that we will always find La Habana quite isolated and most likely surrounded by enemies, like now a days...

Cartagenas de Indias as Spanish capital would be closer to allies and would therefore generate safer territories.

This is not only for the faction interest but also for the future NA game balance.

Safer territory means more attractive faction for new comers, longer faction life, greater commercial activities, etc...

Not to forget the Spanish faction does not recrute as many players as other factions, this fact will not change once the game is released.

Hope the devs will kindly give their comments about possibility to consider this historical capital alternative

cheers

Frog

Thank you Sanchez to give us your strategical vision.

However, we all know that today's Alliances will not be affected by the upcoming wipe.

Considering that we will always find La Habana quite isolated and most likely surrounded by enemies, like now a days...

Cartagenas de Indias as Spanish capital would be closer to allies and would therefore generate safer territories.

This is not only for the faction interest but also for the future NA game balance.

Safer territory means more attractive faction for new comers, longer faction life, greater commercial activities, etc...

Not to forget the Spanish faction does not recrute as many players as other factions, this fact will not change once the game is released.

Hope the devs will kindly give their comments about possibility to consider this historical capital alternative

cheers

Frog

Safer territories for you, and a dangerous position for the dutch that would be surrounded by spanish and french swallowing their ports. Maybe was your idea all along?

• Like 1

So...  when you have individual and clan warehouses in a 'old' Freeport that may become an enemy port, do you have to move all the materials out one shipload at a time?

It will take me about 12-15 trips with an Indiaman to move all my own stash, and probably even more trips to move what we have in the clan warehouse - it will be like ants marching with everyone moving materials and ships the first few days...

I know there are many with much more than me...

• Like 1

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. No other resets will be done. 

Pitt's town will change nation - if you have assets in Pitt's town - move them out.

So again if ex us owns a aria and historic it was sprains it goes to Spain?

but if us have some of the ports and Spain some of the ports then it is neutral?

Then it is bad to have the arias now.

is it not better if a nation have all ports in a aria they shall have it gets it if they don't it goes neutral?

Intrepido please develop your ideas instead of helpless single sentence post, thank you.

My point is, considering today's poor number of Spanish faction players and knowing what happened to the original map/territories at the start of the Beta NA (where the extremely large Spanish territory was not defendable), it may be wiser to have an Spanish historical capital in more friendly neighbourhood. As I mentioned before, current alliances will not change easily after the September patch. 

Cartagena might be a good option as it is also Historical and located in a large area with many Spanish ports (look at the map).

The point of Anolytic is true regarding several factions in that Eastern area, but facts are here with Beta testing: A great historical nation with large territory cannot match with a poor number of players joining that faction.

La Habana is not really manageable unless having a very well organized community of numerous players joining the Spanish faction.

Thank you for your comments

Frog

Captains

Here is the new map of the region. Changes might happen but they will be minor. 

map removed (was too big causing problems loading)

Direct link. http://imgur.com/nLGhbW5

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. No other resets will be done. 

Pitt's town will change nation - if you have assets in Pitt's town - move them out.

Please take necessary action to reposition resources, ships, or outposts.

In October resource map will change requiring reset of production buildings. Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later. 

Sorry to bother you, but you can back upload the image?
the imgur tells me that the image contains errors and can not be displayed correctly.

Thanks in advance

Edited by BlasDeLezo

Captains

Here is the new map of the region. Changes might happen but they will be minor. 

map removed (was too big causing problems loading)

Direct link. http://imgur.com/nLGhbW5

Please take necessary action to reposition resources, ships, or outposts.

In October resource map will change requiring reset of production buildings. Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later.

Is it September yet? I this is going to be awesome.

Trying to make sense of this but perhaps I'm just confusing myself... My (small) guild's operations and clan warehouse is in Cabo Canaveral, with operations within the surrounding ports. So do we need to somehow try and relocate ALL those clan goods way up to CT because items in Cabo are gonna be reset in October or something?