Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

So Spain never wanted a fair '1v1 me bro!' against the US. Could have fooled me... Or did you only now find out that most US players are in fact from the US?

Did you only just find out that most of the players on PvP EU server are from Europe? Maybe they got a bit confused with the letters "EU" and "USA" in the server name?

If the server is intended for European players, then it's not us who should be considering where other players are coming from, those players should be aware that they are coming to a server with a different timezone than theirs.

Maybe US players should go to PVP USA server if they don't want to set timers according to European time, so we could actually play against US as it was intended?

EDIT: my mistake, was corrected in the post below me.

Edited by Todbringer

It was never intended that the EU server is for EU players only, its only the server location. It also used to be *the* server when there was only one.

The Eu server = EU players equation is a myth that has been repudiated by mods and devs time and again. It seems to die hard..

• Like 6

It was never intended that the EU server is for EU players only, its only the server location. It also used to be *the* server when there was only one.

The Eu server = EU players equation is a myth that has been repudiated by mods and devs time and again. It seems to die hard..

In that case I apologize. I thought that was for whom the server was intended for.

Although one would expect, due to ping issue and the fact the name has USA in it, that US and other players from that timezone would gravitate to that server, and European players to EU server.

Edited by Todbringer

...So what if timers are removed? One side or the other will still have to be online at absurd hours to stage a fight, and there's no real way to resolve it. Quite frankly think that running a global server will remain as a long-term mistake.

In that case I apologize. I thought that was for whom the server was intended for.

Although one would expect, due to ping issue and the fact the name has USA in it, that US and other players from that timezone would gravitate to that server, and European players to EU server.

PVP 2 is heavily unbalanced, unfortunately. On that server you have 2 factions, pirates and USA, and the other 5 players are merely spectators. In stark contrast, PVP1 is actually very challenging to play on the US faction considering we probably have more teamspeak channels than we do players. We're a highly disorganized band of misfits hell bent on showing the british and dutch that they're blessed to have such dysfunctional allies.

I hit my pray button repeatedly in hopes that the day will soon come that Spain and USA are no longer hampered by port timers and can enjoy killing each other in good faith, as God intended.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 4

After a couple of weeks of rest....I for one welcome the chaotic state of war we are in...the Spanish and French have impressed in this first few days and I have already had some great engagements with the Spanish who seem to have coverage across broader timezones than in the past....they outnumbered active Brit players this week in 'weekday' Aussie time !!

So well done there.

• Like 4

After a couple of weeks of rest....I for one welcome the chaotic state of war we are in...the Spanish and French have impressed in this first few days and I have already had some great engagements with the Spanish who seem to have coverage across broader timezones than in the past....they outnumbered active Brit players this week in 'weekday' Aussie time !!

So well done there.

I told here many times these last 4 weeks game was in an strange "stand by"........ Nobody was there..... Last week many people was coming back from holidays and server has changed........... But this weekend must come back last people that was in holidays..... Server must change again......... Fierce battles wait for all of us...... Funny funny funny...........

Summer ends......... The winter is coming..........

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 1

Such a cute cat!

On the topic, as it is now, it is very very hard for a new player to play as a Spaniard. 

I am rank 4 and yesterday I really considered to stop playing with most of the ports lost, can't trade to earn some gold, can't move any goods north-south of Cuba, ports I had outposts in captured (and I spent almost all the gold I had on building buildings there) and not being able to effectively defend anything since Spain can maybe get enough players for one defense (I was welcomed in one defense with a mortar brig, that's how desperate we were) and UK can have several real attacks simultaneously.

But luckily new conquest mechanics will finally end British using huge pop to zerg many ports at once and in one night. Then player population will, hopefully, not have such a huge impact on the gameplay anymore because this really is detrimental to the game. And it really creates toxicity in the game between players from different nations.

And to think that i really wanted to roll UK (loved Hornblower and Aubrey series), but decided not to because everybody went UK and thought it would be too onesided if we all joined UK.

And to think that i really wanted to roll UK (loved Hornblower and Aubrey series), but decided not to because everybody went UK and thought it would be too onesided if we all joined UK.

All games they have played so far have a difficulty level .... In this game, the difficulty level ranging from easy level (British), where everything is very well organized, have money and players to get bored and many other advantages ..... Even the difficult level (Spanish), where spreads chaos and disorganization, there is almost no players and all that changed in the game goes against you ......... .

You have done well to choose the maximum level ........... Winning easily is very boring ............. Or do you play other games at child level 6 years? ........... XD

Sometimes it is better to lose in a hard struggle to gain from boredom ..... Your choice has been the good............ ;)
Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 1