Game-Labs Forum

Spain is at War

Senhor Lenhador

If you are fighting a 2 front war you need to close one front as soon as possible.

Stating that you are looking for fights contradicts actions where more than 2 flags are pulled at the same time. Since it becomes increasingly hard to coordinate defense with multiple options for defense and limited capabilities.

Spanish coalition is playing to win and not playing to get fun fights. And I don't blame you to.

But pretty please don't make a fuss about it, when we play to win as well. And playing to win includes using all game mechanics at our disposal.

I don't think it is realistic to expect a faction to loose "on purpose" by not using all the tools available.

Win at all cost............. Not man, this is a game........... I said few post behind........... If that was the real life where your facts save lives, breaking your honour, breaking treaty, all is Ok to save lives.......

But this is a game, we have not to save lives, just fun........ Honour here is most important than win.....  

is not honorable, but understandable if you were losing. But are more over, you're winning ....... Use timers to not fight with us is very sad ......

Sorry, it is my view.

Little note about the timers, we stay up very late or wake up very early to take a port that is on a timer that is silly (silly timers as we see it) and put it on a timer that is reasonable to us, as in our prime time.

He who takes the port controls the timer, he who can sacrifice sleep to take that port against the odds wins the spoils of war being the Lord Protector.

This is a simple thing, whoever owns the port sets timer to his liking, not that of the defeated. We fully expect if Spain takes an Aussie port you will set it to EU primetime, that is the game.

You are working in your timezone.......... Maybe the question is different in your case, but you're working in your timezone........ We can't fight with you because that,  and we do not do it......... Maybe your'e in wrong server, but you put timers on your timer....... I have nothing to say....

But for british, put timers in a different timezone only to win is too sad....

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya

If you are fighting a 2 front war you need to close one front as soon as possible.

Stating that you are looking for fights contradicts actions where more than 2 flags are pulled at the same time. Since it becomes increasingly hard to coordinate defense with multiple options for defense and limited capabilities.

Spanish coalition is playing to win and not playing to get fun fights. And I don't blame you to.

But pretty please don't make a fuss about it, when we play to win as well. And playing to win includes using all game mechanics at our disposal.

I don't think it is realistic to expect a faction to loose "on purpose" by not using all the tools available.

you are brits as many as all the coalition together... You are suposed to fight the coalition with your number everywhere as you can split your nation in 3 small nations withtou been unnumber anywhere.

You choose the darkside and make you vassal dutch following you in shadow... You may have fight propely and win or lost with honnor. You will just lost in infamy...

• Like 2

If you conquer a spanish port near our capital, and put saipan timers, you avoid fight against us

To all the brits: before writing anything on the timers' issue, please read this. Just do this. Then, think a little bit. And - finally - write.

Edited by victor

you are brits as many as all the coalition together... You are suposed to fight the coalition with your number everywhere as you can split your nation in 3 small nations withtou been unnumber anywhere.

You choose the darkside and make you vassal dutch following you in shadow... You may have fight propely and win or lost with honnor. You will just lost in infamy...

I bet we have the highest percentage of carebaers. Which is perfectly fine. But as I said before it takes is tremendous effort to muster more then one fleet at a time. Our strike on Spain was only possible with the help of our allies. I think you overestimate the size of our RVR community by a huge margin.

And again: don't tell me you didn't play to win pulling all those flags on our alliance at the same time. So please stop accusing us of foul play here. If you had the chance to defend and take ports during all timzones I don't think you would refrain from doing it.

Had you started to pull single flags at a time and looked for fright rather than winning we wouldn't have gone on an attack of this scale.

Even after the wipe was announced you didn't stop and I was shouted down in global for being "salty" when I said I had hope that the upcoming wipe would change your actions.

As I've said before; the large majority of the British RvR community- as far as I can see it- wish to avoid fighting Spain outright. Far easier to close off the whole western cuban/yucatan area by setting anti-PvP timers, allowing us to readdress the problems in the east.

It's always ended up this way, and as long as timers exist in the game, most likely always will.

Not particularly sure why the Spanish are surprised at this result considering the last, what, 4-5 outright conflicts between ESP/GB?

Regards.

3: Lastly, putting Cuban ports on ridiculous timers is a cheap trick. It may be good strategy but its poor sportmanship and anything but playing with a straight bat. It tarnishes what is otherwise a very impressive and well played campaign.

As Slaught reminds us on a daily basis in TS .. Australians do not own straight bats,,,,..hence their inability to win the ashes

Win at all cost............. Not man, this is a game........... I said few post behind........... If that was the real life where your facts save lives, breaking your honour, breaking treaty, all is Ok to save lives.......

But this is a game, we have not to save lives, just fun........ Honour here is most important than win.....  

is not honorable, but understandable if you were losing. But are more over, you're winning ....... Use timers to not fight with us is very sad ......

Sorry, it is my view.

refusing to fight port battles ....and making posts saying that you are doing it because it will reduce the fun of the attacking nation is also very sad and not very honorable ...

There is no pressure at the moment because we refuse to fight. No fight = no fun for everyone..... alex sd 

Simply we told everyone to stop going to the harbor defenses to cause not to be fun for you  ,,,,alex sd

do you think these posts contain any honour and sportsmanship

you say you want fun ,,,but in the same breath you tell us you will deny us any fun ..

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Im on holiday atm and have been for nearly a week so I´ve missed most of these battles sadly. First things first, well done to GB,VP,US alliance on your offensive. It looks like you organised well, fought hard and brought your numbers to bare where they counted. The Spanish player base knew it would be a struggle going into the war and you’ve given us a whacking so kudos to you guys.

That said lets call a spade a spade and lay some things squarely on the table.

3: Lastly, putting Cuban ports on ridiculous timers is a cheap trick. It may be good strategy but its poor sportmanship and anything but playing with a straight bat. It tarnishes what is otherwise a very impressive and well played campaign.

More than 26 portstimers are on open on Spanish prime time out of which 5 don't even have a timer and at least 15 of them are in reach of a Spanish fleet. Another 25 ports have been set on American timers so the South American players have something to do and can enjoy the opposition of the US/AUS based players.

Take a look here. As you can see the British nation is open for business 24/7. The only nation which actually facilitates all players from Indonesia to Greenland to South Africa to Japan to Buenos Aires. We provide every player with a chance to start RvR.

When do you get it? We don't want to fight a Spanish fleet - we are done with the kiting and shootin sailz.  

We expect them to attack the ports they want, when the timers are set, and if they win they reset timers to their liking. A port conquest should always favour the defending nation, having the port timer in the holding faction's prime time functions as that advantage.

Taking a port should be difficult, we get no assistance from Spain when we attack Spanish ports, as it should be. That works both ways.

tl/dr Adapt, play the damn game as it exists and stop pissing and moaning.

Note to devs: maybe make Spanish capital in the far northwest gulf, just a thought

Note to devs. Maybe make USA capital in USA server....... Where you want......... Just a thought.....

For the slow learners as stated in a multitude of threads and confirmed by devs and mods:

PVP1 EU IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN INTENDED AS A SERVER FOR EUROPEAN PLAYERS!

EU IS THE LOCATION OF THE SERVER AND NOTHING ELSE!

• Like 3

For the slow learners as stated in a multitude of threads and confirmed by devs and mods:

I'm constantly surprised how often the name of the Servers gets used this way, after the multiple times the Admin(s) have said it is only the location of the Server, not that you have to be EU to be in the EU server.

Then again, I am for removing Timers, which is ALREADY in the line to be removed in the patches ahead anyway. The argument is getting completely ridiculous .

refusing to fight port battles ....and making posts saying that you are doing it because it will reduce the fun of the attacking nation is also very sad and not very honorable ...

Perhaps it is too difficult for you to understand, but I have no problems explain it as many times as necessary.

We can not fight while we sleep .......

Easy. But anyway, if you have not yet clear, let me know and I'll explain again.
  • Like 1

Mr Atreides can sent Spanish capital where he want and me not???....... Why?......

Please do not shout. I'm not deaf.

EDIT: Okaaaaay as deference with Mr. Teutonic. Ally of Spain against british, I will change my request.......

Note to devs. Maybe make USA capital in the bottom of the sea....... But in server PVP 1 EU.

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 1