Game-Labs Forum

Naval Wait

Must be the same angriff from wwiiol. We started calling him whinegriff

Well I suppose you will have to start sending this dev group money too to keep the game afloat like that one.   Even in that game they made changes to decrease the time it took for find a battle or were you not old enough on Day 1 of that game when you had to sit and wait too?  Were you not there when 5 guys could run the map during off hours?  

Me/myself? I would rather have a game that people could play for a few hours without having to play NPC or Fake Missions.    Would be nice to get a sense of making a difference in the game with a short interval instead of oh well I have to wait for another day so I can craft or wait for two hour for the port timers to have a battle.  

Instead of calling me names and laughing all the way to exit screen why not find something to say to stop this

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#All

Edited by angriff

Many of us don't wait, don't do NPC nor fake missions :o ...

Game is far from perfect but it is darn spectacular if you reduce to the essential - Action, Naval Action.

The other systems are all to support Action.

• Like 1

Game is far from perfect but it is darn spectacular if you reduce to the essential - Action, Naval Action.

The other systems are all to support Action.

Well if you are with a faction that has no crafters that play much anymore, you do not see ships for sale and those you see are just alternate voting skewer, crafting part or intelligence gathering accounts then you have little choice in this game to compete with your account.  NPC ships just cannot stand up to the exceptional upgrades purchased or produced by large factions and large clans.    

It is each player´s individual decision. If you are able to limit yourself (like Hethwill does)

and don´t care what others think about how you play the game, then you are more likely to be happy

with the game. If you want 40+ ships, max outposts and a thrilling RvR and epic events the game has to be

a big fail.

Finally, it is about "updating" expectations...

With having spent so much time ingame, no reason to complain about anything.

The game has served for it´s price.

It´s free to play now.

So?

For me, I cannot find any joy in playing (100x time problem) anymore.

So it´s game break time...Christmas re-open the "box" Naval Action...

And players online numbers dropping? Very natural.

It is not a title with a sub-pay-system, it´s free.

Though, you cannot recommend to new players right now.

Wait for final release, that´s a honest review.

make no mistakes, ww2ol is and was groundbreaking game. same as NA. both have shortcomings... ( and don't tell anyone about timers in both ;)  )

Think about what you just said.  If you had an idea how this was finally solved and saved the former you mentioned you might have an idea of what it takes to allow a game to play with multiple worldwide timezones playing.

What was the solution???

just paste and copied from the inet:

"all mmo's suffer from time zones with ping-pong captures, low population time zones and prime time play

as it passes around the world. low pop time zone killed World War II Online.

Naval Action suffers from it badly, and ive heard stories from EVE players (over at Naval Action) about alarm-clock battles.
I wonder if sheer population will keep time zones from being a problem when trying to defend something in xxx citizem..........."

-------------------------

P.S.: Please Mods, before deleting the post I made, copy+paste these lines and PM me...thank you!

Edited by Wilson09

Maybe if small/large battles from the mission tab didn't lose you a dur when you sink or surrender, people will be playing those more often for quick action? I quit doing small battles bc of all the basic cutters.

same

I quit small battles bc of all basic cutters + clans using it for farming reasons (they don´t sink each other being at diff. teams!)

I assume, it is not a DURA problem....the basic cutter problem could be solved....

but I have no idea for the clan-collaboration???

Maybe anyone???

---------------------------------------------------

P.S.: I remember when I was defending small battles to be part of NA, all were "wah.....this is MP game, go play something else..."-...and now we have....what? small battles at a competetive level (tournaments)....rubbing my eyes in disbelief....

Edited by Wilson09