Game-Labs Forum

Additional ship suggestions

Ryan21

Im not sure if the Devs are still taking suggestions for new ships to be modeled before the release of the game, but a ship of the line a little later in period with different looking stern works, slightly different rig and more spartan bow features would give the game a sense of how ship construction evolved quickly from the 1700's to the 1820's. 

HMS Ganges was an 84 gun 2nd rate ship of the line, built of teak in the Royal Navies Bombay shipyard in 1821, she has a couple very notable differences in comparison with ships designed in the 1750s like Victory.  Instead of main and mizzen staysails she has gaff rigged spencers on the fore and main that can be brailed in like the spanker.  Her stern gallery has a distinctly different design than that of earlier days, and her bow is devoid of the fancy looking head rails you see on ships like Bellona and Victory.  This picture was taken of her at anchor in front of my hometown ( Victoria, British Columbia) in the 1850's.  She was flagship of the Pacific Station between 1857-61.  She was notable in that she was the last active duty Sailing ship to serve as a flagship in the Royal Navy.

She is a Canopus class ship of the line.  She was in active service for more than 100 years.

HMSGanges.png

• Like 1

If there is one ship that's worth consideration is Queen Anne's Revenge, Previously ( La Concorde, The Concorde ) understandably finding reliable and accurate specifications for this ship is difficult to say the least.

Maybe for the Pirate ships the developers can take liberties in the design its not like they will ever find plans for them. I'm kind of hoping they do add the ship, it will bring a different flavor to the games current set.

It would also be great to have many different smaller vessels in the game.  Schooners, cutters and brigs played an important role and could give a broad array of options for newer players.  I'd love to see a trader, such as Lady Washington (either as a sloop or a brig), and smaller boats such as John Paul Jones' Providence or the early U.S. Revenue Cutters.

_1MG_11605-cc-2-pt.jpg

sloop-providence.jpg

image004.jpg

1812JamedMadison1807Lines.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lol @Wind

So how many times are you going to plug the Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde?

I love both ships, but you seem slightly obsessed...

:P

well it would be the first ship used by the germans/prussians ingame

+ something bigger than an 8gun boat

and the mordaunt would fill up the british line as missing 4th rate