Game-Labs Forum

Weather report: Gulf of Mexico

This was a complete waste of my time in game today, and I was there 10mins after map co-ord. The least they could do would be to make the found wrecks dissappear, feel like a fool checking all these empty wrecks

Edited by lokii
  • Like 1

Oh...misread Nukenin remark I think.

Sorry Hethwill, I was heading from Mortimer to Key West and when I closed in to Florida, there came a heavy storm upon me and I thought it head something to do with the weather report! :mellow: It was my misjudgement of the situation!

Edited by Nukenin
  • Like 1

I was there on time and after salvaging 2x dead man's chest (each one weighing 250 hold) i ran for the nearest port to open them.

Most ppl used warships, others small traders like lynx and such. However as we were not informed what this event will be there was little time to prepare and or

participate properly. 

Well, my reward was a Paint scheme for Santisima (2x, one for every chest) and a random quality upgrade.

I believe there will be a few more events of this type but as it stands i rate this event and the patch that preceded it as EPIC FAIL!

Where are my new ships devs?? WHERE??

This Event - What a fucking joke! Sailed 3 hours strait to try to get there and than, even though you still have porb. 10% of the sailing to do, it is closed.

For all the French, Danes and Swedish players this is just like to say: We dont like you, go away. What a joke. You are not able to get there in time if you dont have any outpost in the area or at least at the half way.

Edit: Thank you for wasting my time...

Edited by Twig
  • Like 2

Sorry Hethwill, I was heading from Mortimer to Key West and when I closed in to Florida, there came a heavy storm upon me and I thought it head something to do with the weather report! :mellow: It was my misjudgement of the situation!

No trouble :) As I won't be around to check I was eager for some... show.

But... anything to point out regarding wind strengths !?

No trouble :) As I won't be around to check I was eager for some... show.

But... anything to point out regarding wind strengths !?

Felt nothing out of the usual, to be true. Still sailing now deep into the gulf though. Wish some heavy winds would push me over my Limits :D

Edited by Nukenin

Last verdict: good basic idea and shout out for the attempt, but the implementation is horrible.

The worst thing about it all was that you made one ship able to loot a shit load of chests at the same time, meaning a few traders that showed up first looted all the wrecks in roughly the first 15 mins. What you should have done is allow 1 chest per ship that needs to be hauled back to port opened, an only then you could sail back to pick up another one. Would have made a prolonged event with a lot of activity in the area and a chance for a lot of people to participate and get something to show for it. Instead we got hundreds of pissed people that spent 3 hours sailing after your announcement to arrive 20 mins after the event started to see a bunch of empty shipwrecks. Really hope you take this in consideration and do a rework for the next event

• Like 4

Last verdict: good basic idea and shout out for the attempt, but the implementation is horrible.

The worst thing about it all was that you made one ship able to loot a shit load of chests at the same time, meaning a few traders that showed up first looted all the wrecks in roughly the first 15 mins.

What if next time the wreck is guarded by a fleet of 1st rates?

I hope they will keep it unpredictable.

So my thoughts on the event :

1) The event itself was good and having it pop up randomly in the future will also be good

2) Player expectations were perhaps a bit high

3) 1000+ online...only 256 boxes...of those most had rubbish (purple mods) in them

4) Perhaps put a paint job in them all ? I am against welfare epics and actually think you should look at making some $ in micro transactions for cosmetics (paint, figureheads, sail patterns etc)....but given we had PAINT as a mystery in game....and then you get purlple sights....

5) No matter where you put the 'wreck' half the server were going to be in the wrong half...I setup early, got there second...but I put several hours aside to do this, maybe given the test, two events, east and west would be great.

6) Consider 1 chest per person....or max 2 .... not like 8 !!

7) It was a great event :) and i look forward to the next...

8) An idea from a clannie, if you have a Deadmans Chest in your hold, put a flag over your head...add chaos to the merriment.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

Looking at the global just now: after the storm on the gulf of Mexico, I think we shall expect a severe (shit)storm here on the forum  :rolleyes:

Just one suggestion: make the number of caches unlimited (or much higher) but put a (reasonably) limited time to get them OR put a limit per person in the loot. Problem solved, people happy.

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

Looking at the global just now: after the storm on the gulf of Mexico, I think we shall expect a severe (shit)storm here on the forum  :rolleyes:

Just one suggestion: make the number of caches unlimited (or much higher) but put a (reasonably) limited time to get them OR put a limit per person in the loot. Problem solved, people happy.

Guess it is normal, that everybody wants a slice of the pie - well, I am just happy like crazy that the devs decided to create such a funny little event. In any way it was fun and even if I come out empty this time, I hope similar things will happen again very soon. Don' t be frustrated or angry, just embrace, that this game gets some interesting moments :)

I think the event would be more fun, when the area, where the wrecks were distributed, is larger (not all wrecks can be seen at once) and not that clearly defined on the map. A larger circle on the map, where they might be somewhere inside, not necessarily in the center. Some kind of searching should be there.

maybe just some information like "west from town 1" and "south of town 2" would suffice. The wrecks should then be at the intersection of both directions.

1) The event itself was good and having it pop up randomly in the future will also be good

3) 1000+ online...only 256 boxes...of those most had rubbish (purple mods) in them

4) Perhaps put a paint job in them all ? I am against welfare epics and actually think you should look at making some $ in micro transactions for cosmetics (paint, figureheads, sail patterns etc)....but given we had PAINT as a mystery in game....and then you get purlple sights....

5) No matter where you put the 'wreck' half the server were going to be in the wrong half...I setup early, got there second...but I put several hours aside to do this, maybe given the test, two events, east and west would be great.

I agree completely, must say that i myself, and quite a lot of people i were sailing with am unhappy with the amount of time spent towards this event, compared to loot gained (none for any of us) then again, as you say, it might have been player expectations going too high

6 ports should of been 6 different spots all over the map.   So with the 6 ships was that it?  Is there no more?  To me it seems the guys with ports in there are the only ones that got it.   Most of us haven't even made it half way across the map and oh yah that part of the GOM is not the West Indies.

I do agree it should of been something and than the added rare chance for the BP or paint.  I have only seen one paint on the US server so far.  Every one else got mods and most weren't even golden.   Though now the fighting has started, but it's from all the folks pissed off they wasted all that time to get there to empty chest.   \

OH AND NO MODS COMMITTED OR SENT THE LINK ON THE US SERVER.   So one with two accounts had to sit on both servers and relay the info for us.  To be exact when was the last time a mod has even been on the US server?

Edited by Sir Texas SIr
  • Like 1