Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1 EU] Change of the Swedish position with the alliance patch

sveno

There is a massive imbalance between nation populations. It is not a wrong perception.

I go to all nations regularly, raiding them at different times, different days and I see way more dutch and brit players average than swedes and US for example. I see more Spanish than US. The two top are the Brits and the Dutch.

And i'm not only talking about territorial waters but also counting the far away raiding parties, like the brits operation from Plymouth regularly.

• Like 1

I really don't see the point in arguing about towers, timers, and port battles. The whole system is about to be completely changed. We will get a 48 hour warning for port battles, giving every nation equal opportunity to defend their ports. It will provide more Open world PVP in conflict zones, and it will make the game focused on Maritime tactics rather than just people complaining about flags.

• Like 1

There is a massive imbalance between nation populations. It is not a wrong perception.

I go to all nations regularly, raiding them at different times, different days and I see way more dutch and brit players average than swedes and US for example. I see more Spanish than US. The two top are the Brits and the Dutch.

And i'm not only talking about territorial waters but also counting the far away raiding parties, like the brits operation from Plymouth regularly.

Im not saying we dont have the largest amount of players. but the RVR game is not decided by number of players. you can have all the players in the world. if they dont show up for battles it doesnt help in the conquest part of the game.

• Like 1

Im not saying we dont have the largest amount of players. but the RVR game is not decided by number of players. you can have all the players in the world. if they dont show up for battles it doesnt help in the conquest part of the game.

I agree with what you've written in this thread.  It does take a bit of minimal effort to get synchronized with the RvR game (getting set up in TS, learning how the flags/timers work, which ports are open at which times, etc).  An effort which a large number of Brit players seem to have little interest in making.  And a few, such as we've seen in this thread, pointedly avoid cooperation and seem to willfully eschew constructive contribution to the national RvR campaign (yet somehow feel entitled and qualified to spout RvR diplomacy-affecting statements).

I do think there's a certain subset of players who would like to participate in the battles if the time/location were made available farther in advance.   Seems that's going to happen with the next patch.  Everyone will be able to see the region hostility levels, and when/where major battles are going to occur.  Some players still won't care...but many others will begin to contribute more meaningfully to RvR than before.  Not just in the port battles, but also in generating/mitigating hostility levels.

My point is that today, I believe your observations about RvR-active player balance have some truth to them.  As of next patch, however, I suspect that the latent power of British playerbase size will start to have more of an effect than it does now.

Oh, and in the interest of having at least some on-topic content in this post....Dastardly Sweden!  How could you betray us like that?!?!?    ;)

• Like 1

due to the lack of US/AUS players

Most AUS players lie dormant until they can actively participate again (or so I hope :)).

We are blocked by both the PB time slots and the BR rule.

Region Conquest hopefully takes care of the first, BR rule needs to be revisited.

As for the British zerg, yes, it remains very much to see how it will react (if at all :P).

But the Three Admirals Treaty has already shown England does not desire a push all the way to Season End. Nor would it be able to find enough PvP to keep such a large populace happy (provided it even contains enough Combatants). So it will likely fall apart either this Season or the next with all Nations diving on a bleeding whale for scrapes and pieces. :D

(However the current Alliance system might stand in our way.)

I would like to see a discussion on :

1) How can a nations voters 'sue for peace' or 'surrender' and what / how would that work so it cannot be used by an aggressor to 'surrender' as a way of disengaging in advantage.

2) I don't think you should be able to attack anyone you are NOT at war with (except pirates who are at war with everything).

• Like 2

Im not very upset with this change of "position" from the swedish.

At the end, they are only a tiny, weak and underpopulated nation which cant field the numbers except for gank squads at capitals.

If you look what they have achieved during these weeks you will find out there is no action worth of mention.

At this rate, the swedish have taken the same number of french ports as our dutch allies, which is funny.

Im not very upset with this change of "position" from the swedish.

At the end, they are only a tiny, weak and underpopulated nation which cant field the numbers except for gank squads at capitals.

If you look what they have achieved during these weeks you will find out there is no action worth of mention.

At this rate, the swedish have taken the same number of french ports as our dutch allies, which is funny.

Guess you have no idea what you are talking about :)

• Like 2