Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1 EU] Change of the Swedish position with the alliance patch

sveno

Putting personal prejudices about other nations away and nation players it all ends up being about the game.

Made a lot of friends with other nations due to alliances and no reason why the choice to balance the map a little and liven up the pvp aspect of it a bit should insult anyone to the point of feeling betrayed lol.

If you take this game so serious that it effects in you a personal reaction of hurt or betrayal maybe it's time for a reality check ?

I for one look forward to see how far can we go against the Brit's , it is a challenge and they have the numbers and  good player's and it should inject a little bit more "Fun" into the game looking forward to trying it out.

No and or little challenge in this game has proven out to make it very boring for all Nations so the decision to make it tougher for us again I think is a good one as we love to sling cannon balls at worthy opponents makes it feel like the battle wasn't a waste of time.

Good Luck to all Nation's in their choices going to be interesting to see what happens.

PS anyone wanna buy some used ports in Haiti ?  Cheap... :)

Edited by Dragonfire
  • Like 3

I hope changing Alliances will become the norm, rather than the bi***fest it is now.

That way, we get to play with all players on the server, and it also reflects the dynamic nature of coalitions in the era.

Was fun while it lasted; until next time, Swedes o7 :)

This will never ever happen. France and spain will never ever change their mind. It will always be a 4 vs 3 now 5 vs 3. To be honest we don't need a partner who switches sides that easy. I understand you made this step because of the balance but you have to know your reputation for beeing a trustful partner suffered alot of damage and is almost destroyed.

The balance will change again for sure. But be sure brits won't forget this and they don't wanna have a partner who caused this. For me this door is closed forever. You are now right where you belong.

As allies of danes you are now allies of pirates, france and spain too. And with this step you are enemy with dutch and united states. You can't switch only 1 partner. It's a two-sided war.

I don't think the British should hold a grudge against Sweden, we fought them for quite some time and we respected them as ennemies. They are the master of their fate. I see them as the balancing element in the game. It seems doubtful the French and English will be on the same side in the foreseeable future. Same goes for US and Spain. With the pirates out of the alliances Spain, Danemark and France would have been no match for the British, Dutch, Swedish and US.

We're not fighting against tyranny, there is no wrong side.

• Like 7

This will never ever happen. France and spain will never ever change their mind. It will always be a 4 vs 3 now 5 vs 3. To be honest we don't need a partner who switches sides that easy. I understand you made this step because of the balance but you have to know your reputation for beeing a trustful partner suffered alot of damage and is almost destroyed.

The balance will change again for sure. But be sure brits won't forget this and they don't wanna have a partner who caused this. For me this door is closed forever. You are now right where you belong.

As allies of danes you are now allies of pirates, france and spain too. And with this step you are enemy with dutch and united states. You can't switch only 1 partner. It's a two-sided war.

Just to repeat @Dragonfire

Don't you think you should put the "butthurt" feeling away no one was betrayed by the Swedish move - actually by this statement you treat Sweden as your vasal only.

Relax dude it's a game, we want to have fun - though I now realize, that some play this game in order to dominate everyone (some would call it bullying) others to do what you want them to.

Britain is a big nation, but you have no birthright to claim total dominance in this game, try see it from the fun aspect, you now have to work harder to achieve your goals (I might add here) You have to put your own ships at risk now......instead of your vassals ships

• Like 1

Monday, 22nd you say? I respect your choice, but the Swedish ganking fleets at Jamaica yesteday are considered by us as a very low kick. We did not expect Swedish players to attack us at our home waters afterall, yet they come here with 5-10 ships and backstab us without any information. They also threatened us, that they will bring their bigger friends, come in greater numbers and destroy us, kind of childish behaviour. Dear Shelby from the "OCEAN" clan, I will remember you and shall not give you mercy in the future battles.

Spreading false information now? 

5-10 ships? Since when? OCEAN has 5 members :) 

The so called Ganking fleet was a tiny squadron of 3 ships. 1 Constitution, 2 Surprises. (Later on another Surprise joined our Squadron).

We did not come to gank anyone. We came to fight our new enemy (Not knowing that the Swedish Council wanted no hostilities untill the 22nd.). 

We threatened you? Quote the threats and show me a screenshot.. 

When a British fleet showed up (A few Bucc's and several frigate type ships) we left the area. The British fleet followed for quite some but our squadron got away. I had a short and friendly chat with him, in the end i told him that we would bring more ships next time so that we could fight their "fleet" and he seemed happy about that. 

You can keep your mercy mr. I have no interest in it. But do not lie about what happened, it is not my reputation that will take a hit from your lying. It is your own mate. 

To war Vikings! TO WAR! Let the British blood flow! 

For Sweden! For a United Scandinavia! 

• Like 7

So now it will be Spanish, Danish, French, Swedish and Pirates vs the British? Not exactly the underdogs when you have so much support from other nations.

Pirates will be a common enemy. 

And it will be more like: Spanish + French + Swedish + Danish vs British + Dutch + US vs Pirates. 

• Like 2

Just to repeat @Dragonfire

Don't you think you should put the "butthurt" feeling away no one was betrayed by the Swedish move - actually by this statement you treat Sweden as your vasal only.

Relax dude it's a game, we want to have fun - though I now realize, that some play this game in order to dominate everyone (some would call it bullying) others to do what you want them to.

Britain is a big nation, but you have no birthright to claim total dominance in this game, try see it from the fun aspect, you now have to work harder to achieve your goals (I might add here) You have to put your own ships at risk now......instead of your vassals ships

You mean like the exhausting 4 vs 1 war we had for months?

And I don't see a betrayal in it but you just can't switch the side just you feel the need for it. So what happens when 5 nations are sealclubbing brits again? We know it's not about the numbers of players you can bring it's about the numbers of nations attacking one nation. Will they switch again? And why should the US, GB and VP alliance accept a partnership with sverige if they switch the sides again since we can't trust them? This is a one way ticket. Take this step and there's not going to be a way back. GB and france will never be allied same for spain or danes or pirates. There are still ganking fleets hunting newbies around jamaica from 4 nations. Players are too stubborn. This will always be a war between two alliances.

Pirates will be a common enemy. 

And it will be more like: Spanish + French + Swedish + Danish vs British + Dutch + US vs Pirates. 

You know pirates and danes are friends. You can't choose an alliance with danes without pirates. You have new friends now. Now there are 5 nations with ganking fleets around jamaica hunting newbies. Well balanced. Well done.

You know pirates and danes are friends. You can't choose an alliance with danes without pirates. You have new friends now. Now there are 5 nations with ganking fleets around jamaica hunting newbies. Well balanced. Well done.

Oh yes I can and as pirates are not allied with anyone not sure what your on about.

Before you say too much maybe try it before your crystal ball gives you any more false information.

We are testing a game not playing the finished version so why are you so against testing all the game ?

Go with it see what happens then start to bitch when you have all the info needed.

I am Pretty sure that allied or not, Pirates will be part of the anti British coalition.

We are used to being at war with most nations at the same time. So nothing new here. Still better off than a couple of months ago if alliances with Dutch and or US nation upholds ;-)

Oh yes I can and as pirates are not allied with anyone not sure what your on about.

Before you say too much maybe try it before your crystal ball gives you any more false information.

We are testing a game not playing the finished version so why are you so against testing all the game ?

Go with it see what happens then start to bitch when you have all the info needed.

I say it cause it is how it is. Danes and pirates are friends and I don't know where you have been the last few months but I recommend to pop your head out of your arse and check the history of the pirats/danish war vs GB.

And I dare you to tell me not to speak out my mind. But it's funny how you now claim you are testing but months ago during the rage wars you gave a damn about it.

Indeed they do. I tend to save them more often than not, especially the slave ships.

I just recently liberated 2 more English skynet slave ships from a over zealous master who thought only about himself and left them behind.

• Like 1