Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

There should be stances:

- neutral - you can attack each other in ow. You cant craft flag vs this nation. You cant enter ports. You cant join port battles. You can join ow battle. Before attack in ow or joining battle, window should open up with warrning. Same like when you are going to attack own nation.

- ally - same like it is now. So can enter eachothers ports, battles, port battles, cant attack eachother, can be together in party etc etc.

- hostile/war - same as neutral but additionaly you can craft flags against ports, and no warnings when attacking.

I know that there is port conquering incoming but if its easy to implement and possible, please consider doing this.

from what i seen allied ships (NPC) do not get pulled into battle.

its under review now

perhaps some form of neutrality status should be present

in case of your 2 different allies  fighting you cannot enter their battles at all. 

• Like 2

Devs, made the bet. Allow neutrality as another political status. What would we loose? Arent we testing things?

I want neutrality as a faction. Then i can be a true pirate. :P

Those nations does not contradict each other alliances - all of them declared a war to GB, or what is the point?

yes

If you look on page 10 of the final alliance design thread, the admin said that an ally of an ally becomes an ally Edited by Æthlstan

Interesting-

Sweden is allied to Demark who is allied to France who is allied to Spain

is this what was intended? Everything I have read says no

Did I miss something?

I thought both nations had to agree, as their primaries, and then they were allies -- but only THOSE 2. For all others, after that, for getting into PB's with/for, you were not considered an ally - although you could inadvertently assist (on the outside).

But I thought each nation had 1 ally and one Nation they were "at war" (EACH) - and that required consensus .... all others were come as you are.

Edited by yankyaeger

So Allied ships don't get pulled into battle.    What is the point then.     Please allow this to happen as they should be able to. 

Just tested it...and yes.  Allied NPCs do not get pulled into battle.  Again....  why not.  So...they are not allied?   Confusion.   This must happen or this game is all CAREBEARS...  

I was part of a game called ULTIMA ONLINE and the same carebear mentality ruined the game.  

I generally like the content, but my suggestion for the next hotfix/patch:

make the Blueprints for L´Ocean, Agamemnon, GunBoat, Rattlesnake Heavy aviable like all the other BPs.

Otherwise you wont see them at all which would be sad.

Make Paint ALOT easier to get. (not loosing a word about the "special" event)

make it craftable or aviable at certain ports. It should be quite expensive but not hard to come by, because I think we would all love some variety among the ships we fight and we all love to customize our Ships.

also if they are that rare, nobody will use those ships in combat in fear of loosing it, so we wont get to see any of them, wich again would be sad.

Other than that keep up the great work

• Like 10

I like the new names for AI ships. Good on you Devs! :D

Some are really weird tho :

193623Client2016082101480330cr.png

In French it literally means " Knight Noble " ... revert words and you have Noble Knight ... And typing exactly the name like on the pic into google gives me weird results from a weird game 

Some are really weird tho :

193623Client2016082101480330cr.png

In French it literally means " Knight Noble " ... revert words and you have Noble Knight ... And typing exactly the name like on the pic into google gives me weird results from a weird game 

Chevalier was the first name of a sailor I found on the actual rosters of the French Navy during the Napoleonic era.  I didn't have Noble as a surname on the list I provided, however it might have been added by the Developers.  That said, generation is completely random between the first and last name lists.  You got lucky (or unlucky considering it doesn't make a lot of sense) on this one.  :)

• Like 2

Do the devs not want us to test the new ships? Haven't seen one yet in-game.

Just tested it...and yes.  Allied NPCs do not get pulled into battle.  Again....  why not.  So...they are not allied?   Confusion.   This must happen or this game is all CAREBEARS...  

I was part of a game called ULTIMA ONLINE and the same carebear mentality ruined the game.  

Ultima Online was ruined by rampart ganking as it was a free for all in the beginning. It didn't even begin to recover till they did something to limit the player killers who sat outside towns killing and looting every low level player who came by.

You know, you can always ask a crafter to make the craftable ones for you. Bring the mats and i believe quite a few crafters will spare you the 50 or so LH it costs to produce for free.

Some upgrades can't be crafted: Powder monkeys for instance.

There are many more like this one that you have to find by chance.

Edited by Tonnerre de Brest

Now I will be gathering my magical wizards to start working on my scrolls of teleportation and health potions....we should actually have a new faction called Hogwarts people can join.

I agree wholeheartedly with you.
I like the simulation aspect of this game more than the gaming features and would rather see an expansion of the xp system used for players to be implemented to officers and crew as well as crafting instead of magic upgrades showing up out of nowhere.

If you craft a lot your crafting gets better, easier etc... you can still implement the effects of these crafting perks but gradually as you gain xp just like in real life.
Why can't we get more crafting hours by simply hiring. You hire apprentices to start with easy tasks (blocks, planks, etc..) and as their skill improve they build more difficult parts, while the ship itself is assembled by the player/craft-master.

Similarly, the crews and officers on warships and on traders get better as you manage to keep them alive battle after battle. The more stay alive and learn their skills, the more these "upgrades" are felt. For instance powder monkeys for warships, trimming experts for speed on traders or others, cannon accuracy, etc... these get better as the crew gets more expertise and gets lesser as the crew dies. Hire a quartermaster, a doctor, a shipwright, etc... 
This approach might be less "game like" but would feel more like you're really there. 
  • Like 2

overall I like the patch but there are a couple of glaring errors regarding the gunboat.  First, there is a bug where the game is telling you you do not have cannons loaded when you leave Port.  Second, an additional bug whereby the rear gun is not able to swivel the full 360° that the real one Did.  For reference, I  provide

"'Commissioner Hamilton’s Gunboat', which was designed and built by Wade and Glenfield in 1808. Measuring 54 feet in length by 15 feet in the beam, it had an approximate tonnage of 50 burden. This vessel is one of the many types of pulling and sailing gunboats designed during the Napoleonic war period, with five built to this plan alone. The model shows the 24-pounder gun forward with a carriage working on a fore and aft slide, whilst the carronade in the stern is fitted with a special circular slide for all-round firing."  

credit: National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London

So, some changes need to be made.  Apparently.  Because one of the main points of that gunboat was the ability to fire that carronade in any direction not just out the Stern. 

Edited by JazAero
  • Like 1

• Sealed bottle drop chance reduced.
  • Sealed bottle distance brought back to old – closer distance. No more excessive long journeys. 

I've got only 1 bottle since patch 9.94.

I'd rather have an increased drop chance associated with a longer distance than the current settings.

In a evening that I sailed a bit I got 2. So its working.

Do we play NA the same way, doing the same missions, sailing in OW for the same amount of time ?

I was talking about MY experience as a tester. And you should do the same instead of stating what "works" for all and what don't.

Lately, I did mostly missions and a little trading ; thus spending rather short sessions in OW (less than 1 hour). And I only had one bottle, that is considerably fewer than before.

That's MY experience, Mr So-its-working.

• Like 1

How about introducing "A Piece of Wreckage" for the short distance low reward wrecks?

I've got only 1 bottle since patch 9.94.

I'd rather have an increased drop chance associated with a longer distance than the current settings.

exactly that was tested since the last patch and nobody liked it, so they changed it back. Not sure how you got so unlucky, usually you find a few just by sailing around.

exactly that was tested since the last patch and nobody liked it, so they changed it back. Not sure how you got so unlucky, usually you find a few just by sailing around.

Heh, right. Yesterday I sailed from Port Royal to Pitt's and back and then from Trux up to Tordo. No bottles. In fact I've never had a bottle. This game hates me. Lots of lovely fish though.

What's the changelog of the patch deployed today ?

My guess is that they added the new Strange Notes that start to pop out in chat for the next event, size of patch downloaded is mostly the same as previous one we had when notes content changed... 

Just a guess

• Like 2