Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

Yeah because Pirates are the only ones being affected by the "Social" perk. Come on man...

Well the nations are too busy playing carebear with alliances.

You know, there is only 1 reason why the nations all rallied against the pirates? 

Lord Vicious (AKA, see below) managed to piss everyone off, including the 1 nation that was actually friendly to pirates. 

#MasterStrategist

#LordOfTeak

And afaik war is coming to Naval Action again. 

Furthermore, Pirates can't be in "official" alliances. (Poor pirates).

You mad bro? :D

• Like 1

No no no my friend, don't belive that: social perk kills every pvp lovers, not only pirates.

• Like 1

2 little things, 

- How is that possible ? : 

464298Client2016082100440042cr.png

- The following might be something odd that needs a check :

Went to pick a bottle wreck content using a renomee, had in mind to press the pray button during the exploration and i did, was a bit distracted with chat and looking all around around so i did not paid much attention for the ship content displayed in top right of the screen.

After loading the loot i opened the window to look at my cargo and it was a mess, plenty of fishes i forgot to convert so i tried to turn them into meat to see more clear, turns out that despite already having fish meat taking one hold spot i could not use the convert all , nor convert all similar items, i had to delete one specie of fish to then be able to convert all fish into meat and see what the ship wreck gave me, and this is what i got from it :

873341Client2016082100061667cr.png

49 silver coins and 39 gold coins only, no upgrades or anything else.

Like i said i wasn't paying much attention when i explored the ship however but i'm pretty confident i saw more than only 2 lines of text displayed in the top right corner of the screen.

Now if the content of the wreck was more than those 2 items how could i pick those 2 only while my cargo was full of fish + the guns loaded we see in picture, apparently having only 2 free slots.

Maybe this a bug or the result of pressing pray and having the countdown displayed while exploring and picking the loot ?

I am not sure there as only those 2 items in the wreck but i think i saw more than only 2 lines displayed, can't be sure of it, i picked the loot around 00:02 French time , 18:02 server time, not sure if a Dev or technical mod can check in some logs what was the exact content of the wreck and confirm there was more than silver and gold coins on it or not.

Then if it was not only this on the loot tell if it's a bug or the result of pressing pray button maybe, i doubt the pray button serves this purpose but who knows, was odd and would like confirmation please.

Thanks in advance.

I mean if it's only by event we wont see many Ocean soon

Exactly mate, after waiting months for get her ingame we have to wait to be lucky in the special event loot.

100% agree with you guys, now the event is done and I think the devs should release the blueprint drop by crafting, it'll be so stupid to wait one week and have a 0,01% chance of looting the BP in a chest each week...

Edited by Major General La Fayette
  • Like 4

If each faction gets all BPs, just collect all Labour hours (contracts)

and mats and make 1 player of each faction craft 24 hours non stop.

All will be happy and get a ship.

Is the intent of the devs to discourage PvP? Hunting populated coasts is simply to ensure you actually find action. Now we basically get an FU perk that says if you take the time to sail where the enemy is suddenly the old rules don't apply to them. I suppose I can hunt calmer waters and then log off out of boredom.

Why can't perks be perks and not rule changing shams?

• Like 3

- How is that possible ? : 

464298Client2016082100440042cr.png

Pirate identity crisis, don't worry too much over it. :P

See nothing wrong with it. Ther can only be 1 enemy and 1 ally at this stage. France and Danemark aliance votes were superior for sure.

I know what I voted for and damn me to the locker if I used any aliance votes at all bah. The crew simply voted where to go loot next :)

Yeah, pirates can vote, but I don't think it has any effect. Just needs a hot fix :)

Missed out on the Deadman's chest event but looking forward to the next one. Although a lot seem grumpy, it's a good idea Devs. :)

So if I understand correctly, the new sport is to have a "goat" in empty Indiaman, sailing in home water, with sociable perk of course. When tagged by pvp players, the goat communicate his position to a group of gankers waiting in port. Thanks devs to allow a so wonderful mechanic.

Radio+GPS+Wormhole at the age of sail, you can only see that in Naval Action :)

• Like 3

Hello captains. Here are the notes for the patch that will be deployed today

Tunings:

• Sealed bottle drop chance reduced.
  • Sealed bottle distance brought back to old – closer distance. No more excessive long journeys. 
  • Copper coins added to shipwrecks
Discuss.

Having sailed / traded all weekend...

interim conclusion:

• Sealed bottle drop chance reduced : perfect adjustment
  • Sealed bottle distance brought back to old: good variety, reasonable trip
  • Copper coins added to shipwrecks: yeah, needed to balance I suppose

Sounds perfect, only optimization on dispersion possible, but not needed (maybe 1 out of 30 chance of fucked up location?)

and loot (though it is a good mixture right now.,..)

interim (single person user) rating:

• drop chance by fishing: 10/10
  • travel time to wreck / dispersion: 9/10
  • variabilty of loot: 8/10

Mission accomplished, lvl up!

Good work on this one.

P.S.:

Never being satisified, I forgot to mention

• loot linked to player´s level: 1/10

This is a must to be done. New player´s should learn the game and not find out, that the best way

to make quick money is going for bootles. A loot for a new player must be much less than I get.

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

after ranting bout the special event and the new bps , i gotta admit , it isnt such a bad idea. if you can eventually get them through crafting , i am down with it . btw in chat it was said , there will be more events coming. give the devs some time to adjust.

bottle drop now is very cool. just right. loot is also ok. havent got lucky yet.

not too much the pvp player so caqnt say anything boutthe social perk . i am more crafter tha anything else. before everyone asks y i play on pvp server? cause it's fun and anyway you pvp player need canonfodder and i might get into pvp , not sure yet.

alliances patch seemed to b working. voted a few times.

good patch , keep up the good work.

edited

Never being satisified, I forgot to mention

• loot linked to player´s level: 1/10

This is a must to be done. New player´s should learn the game and not find out, that the best way

to make quick money is going for bootles. A loot for a new player must be much less than I get.

I haven't seen a bottle drop in weeks now. :rolleyes:

Which must be the right amount of bottle dropping and which doesn't bother me.

But have you been praying enough ? O.o 

• Like 1

Event ships, are a bad idea, because everybody payed the same price for the game, and everybody shoud have accces to all ships, you wanna give prizes to events, give skins or camos os mods, never ships! (specialy if the events are bad like the (08/20) one!)

+1. Or at the very least make those events random occurrences with a chance of appearing everyday of the week. Limiting it to saturday prime time is making it even worse.

But have you been praying enough ? O.o 

I'm in the same boat, not seen a bottle for a month or more. In fact hadn't seen a bottle for weeks before they nerfed the drop rate which didn't affect me at all since it seemed the drop rate was zero to begin with.

If allied.  Do NPC ships become allied?     Please answer and stop with the stupid bottles.   

• Like 1

As this patch is a massive boost for "ressource wars", I may mention my ideas on this topic again...

at least the lazy BRITS could shut down St. Nic for Pirate transport. Not blockading it, but putting

in "protecting" buy orders. Buy the crap and destroy it ! That´s how you kill an enemy...

And the Traders Lynx is "nerfed", this is awesome, finally.

How could you run good / safe transports now from Atwood down to Mortimer ?

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15718-danish-and-pirate-clan-sorry-are-now-at-war/page-9

copy:

May i suggest

5) Open a ressource war on pirates (for testing reasons). Check the map...

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/map

Everything has been done on the pirates, but not a proper war. Wars cannot be won by PBs only, but by cutting the supply.

"If you kill the murderer, the quantity of murderers will not change." (W. Churchill).

So true.

Pirates have been running out of ressources, no one took notice. All these arguing that ports don´t matter, they do.

The smuggler flag is just an obstacle.

example:

Hemp/Iron/Oak are all critical ressource for ship construction. We lost all ports and therefore the production buildings.

Mayag. was the last one. Still, none has made an effort to cut the supply lines.

How could this be achieved? Easy. Look at the map, identify the ports:

Port Howe, Watling, Atwood, Mayag. Lorimers, St. Nic., Les G., St. Marc.

At least all these ports needed to be "protected" by the nationals to prevent pirates to buy cheap ressources (using smuggler flags).

To aid this, a permanent blockade had to be installed at nearby free towns (Atwood, La Tortue) to prevent Tradery Lynx to sneak through,

picking up delivery orders from other free ports.

Still, I have been the only one putting in buy bids on those ressources (and only one other player "Berger").

Just for the sake of testing, how this would effect the prices at Mortimer. Prices are up.

If I were an admiral of the nationals, i had executed that long before.

A bidding-war had been started, and this had been a great, great money sink in the end.

Instead, you all own 10 kk+ and 40+ ships in the dockyard.

And all accuse the others to be "carebears". Im my opinion, no real attempt was

made to beat the hell out of us pirates.

Time to change this?

We should be paying 1000+ for Oak/Iron/Hemp at Mortimer, praying for peace.

To end my example on "ressource warfaring", may I cite W. Churchill my dear American friends?

Americans Will Always Do the Right Thing — After Exhausting All the Alternatives

(Winston Churchill)

This has to be us (Pirates...1:10 "water please" ongoing...2:00 "no ship is there...")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrstUYrqdU

Resource ports who cares! I shut down all my buildings except 2 compass won't pay 1k per and shipyard.. I buy all else from ports and ship..

Why waste labor hours pulling resources? When labor is the economy not money!

Interesting-

Sweden is allied to Demark who is allied to France who is allied to Spain

is this what was intended? Everything I have read says no

• Like 1

Interesting-

Sweden is allied to Demark who is allied to France who is allied to Spain

is this what was intended? Everything I have read says no

Those nations does not contradict each other alliances - all of them declared a war to GB, or what is the point?

If allied.  Do NPC ships become allied?     Please answer and stop with the stupid bottles.

yes

So is it possible to attack an ally of an ally?

We need enemies in a wargame... And things shouldnt be too much of a fixed cold war with little or no change...

Edited by fox2run