Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

You are thinking about this all wrong.

First this puts them in line with their real counterparts. Second, it create more need for bigger trade ships like the indiaman. Primarily only newer lower level players should be using those ships. They need ships at every level for every task. Remember they are preparing for launch and hopefully a major influx of new players.

What about sailing long distances (2-4 days) into shallow water ports? Last I know, Indiaman, LGV and now larger holding warships cannot enter shallow water ports.

What about sailing long distances (2-4 days) into shallow water ports? Last I know, Indiaman, LGV and now larger holding warships cannot enter shallow water ports.

Depends on the shallow water port. Some are navigable for deep water ships, despite being a shallow water PB.

There's a whole lot of needless whining going on here. The sky is not falling, nor is the ground rising.

I haven't liked all of the various features we've seen over the last months, but this is part of the testing. How can anyone know what does and doesn't work if it's not tried? I've provided my feedback and suggestions on these things, in a constructive matter, and that's part of the process of making this better - and successful on actual release.

So for everyone complaining, remember: a lot of the times, it ain't what you say -it's how you say it.

• Like 1

Depends on the shallow water port. Some are navigable for deep water ships, despite being a shallow water PB.

so we need to guess what ports are or you have a list?

btw cabo rojo used to be accessible with a LVG despite being a shallow water port but now is not

so have you an updated list?

If shallows translated into battle instances, small trader ship value would increase significantly, especially for smuggling and coastal trading between nearby ports.

so we need to guess what ports are or you have a list?

btw cabo rojo used to be accessible with a LVG despite being a shallow water port but now is not

so have you an updated list?

Sounds like someone needs to go out and do their own exploring...

• Like 1

Pirates should opt for new skins to their ship, navy captains shouldn´t.

At least in the British Navy, captains were free to paint their ships however they saw fit, if they paid for it.

And I would assume that paints and BPs as rewards are just an initial way of introducing the new features. Or possibly some of them could be premium, who knows.

• Like 1

At least in the British Navy, captains were free to paint their ships however they saw fit, if they paid for it.

And I would assume that paints and BPs as rewards are just an initial way of introducing the new features. Or possibly some of them could be premium, who knows.

I don't see why we can not have the same options, we pay lots of gold or some items for paints.

No Royal ordinance? In Spain in the second half of the century is regulated, not only colors but also by the effects of some pigments in the wood preservation.

Of course there are notable exceptions such as the Santísima Trinidad.

Maybe there were rules, but the rules were not followed.

In Britain it was a serious crime to even adjust your backstays, but of course captains did this constantly out of necessity. 

Sounds like someone needs to go out and do their own exploring...

lol

i always explore, but if you got the update map i take it...

btw was an exaple about what ewok was talking about and to be honest if a port is a shallow port can't be accessible with a great ship

• Like 1

Gr3y, my experience has been that Cabo Rojo was difficult to get into with LGV and took a little work sometimes, but not impossible.  I haven't been there though after the Wednesday patch.  Just around the corner, though, Guanica is impossible to get into with that LGV (or at least was, last I tried).  That one I tried for about an hour in every possible configuration to get in and could not.  The rest of Puerto Rico is accessible with your LGV.

I really appreciated the hard work that comes from the Devs, but I want to point out something about this new patch. 

Perks: doctor can devastate economy, why ppl should craft and sell medikits? 70 per cent is a crazy value. 

New holds: well, I like the research of realism, really appreciated, but you should consider the gameplay. What's the meaning of taking little trader ships? And most of the space was filled from the equipment or ball cannons. 

Last thing, if you type on your changelog "new features: discover playing" or something like that, you cannon threat people for suppositions...

• Like 1

The cargo space issue would be a non-issue if not for the x4 cargo period. Now some players just expect that.

Trader Lynx and Cutters excell in safety and is speed as they can be caught by very few ships. So they dominate the small valuable fast cargo trades like the clipper ships they preceded.

Trader snow and Brig are the mainline haulers for coastal shallows and low level Econ players. At 1000 units the hold will still pack all the material for a frigate inside it. So is this really going to stop low level crafters from leveling? No.

LGV - this used to be the only ship any serious Econ players were sailing. It could outrun nearly anything and very seldom could a player buy more than 9000 units of goods. It is still fast, powerful enough to guns own Brigs and enough crew to repel boarders. It has enough cargo space to carry two frigates inside it. The old one made the Indiamen relatively useless.

Indiamen - this ship now has a roll in the game other than extra warehouse space. It should now become the primier bulk hauler as it can carry x4+ frigates inside it while gunning as well as a small frigate.

Basically, each class of cargo ship now has a roll to play. Before, and I hunted most of you, all you sailed were trade cutters and LGVs. Fishing briefly made the trader Lynx popular and rarely did anyone sail an Indiamen. Trader brig and snows were just NPCs.

• Like 4

Hold capacities were wildly inflated to make up for the lack of large merchantmen. Now that we have the indiaman and LGV, they need to be adjusted.

Or did you think it was reasonable for a trader's snow to stuff half a Santissima in its hold?

Not trying to be snarky ... really just curious ... But what "Unit of Measure" are the commodities and for that matter the Holds of ships rated in? (Tons, kgs, lbs, bushels, pecks, cords,...etc...) Just seeing an arbitrary number, gives no indication what the actual "weight" is.

I might have missed it last night, but I have NEVER seen any unit of measure in any screen as of yet. Even when Splitting items, it only gives a number... not the standard measure.

So what is 3200.0 for a Traders Snow? And now 950.0, ....... 950.0 what?

Anyone know?

disclaimer: I know it cant be tons ... that would be ludicrous.

Thanks,

-Yank

There's been a lot of comments on the new cargo limits on the Traders, which by the way I don't agree with. As some have stated it make those smaller Trader absolutely worthless, I would like to back those statements with some hard numbers to justify bringing them back to more realistic numbers. I'm going use the Trader Cutter since it is my favorite trader. The Basic Cutter and the Trader Cutter are the same ship but the Trader is stripped down to carry cargo. The Trader has 20 less crew  and carries no guns, its cargo weight is 450lbs compared to 150lbs for the Basic cutter. If you calculate the weight saving on the Trader, 20 men at @170lbs each, that is 3400lbs. With no guns the weight savings (at approx 800lbs per gun at 12 guns) is 9600lbs. Realistically, there would addition saving for munitions. So just considering the men and guns weight savings, that would be approx 13,000 lbs which should be able to directly covert as cargo weight. But at the current setting the cargo difference between the two is 300lbs!!. That is equivalent to only two "skinny" men.

It appears the dev goals of this game is to align itself as realistic as can be to the ages of sail. With that said I think bringing the cargo load weights back to more realistic settings is justified

Well there's actually no unit of weight mentioned, although it's all relative.  The devs aren't USA though (I think?) so it wouldn't be pounds most likely.  Not to mention that unit of measure wasn't used in this era I'm pretty sure.

30 minute timer . 

It has been fun but also very dangerous as well..  the gankers (WE) got ganked.    But it created a huge battle and everyone had a swell time.      I use it for defensive purposes and always in Friendly waters near shipping lanes.  

As for Trading cargo levels.   I think they dropped it too much.  Maybe half of what it was would be okay with me.  I am a huge trader and I had to put up for sale all of my trader snows and lynx as they are useless now.

Do you know what it does? If not, how can you demand it to be removed? What is so bad about it?

Not how sure a button that does nothing to harm or help anyone and can easily be ignored would anger someone that much unless its the name of the button itself and the person is just some anti religious hater who cant igore text.

That would be my guess.

• Like 2

See, I've thought about this issue before when I thought about adding something similar in a mount and blade mod.  If we can't tell what it does, if it might not do anything at all (heck, for all we know it might give you bad luck in game with rng), how can an anti religious person hate it?

See, I've thought about this issue before when I thought about adding something similar in a mount and blade mod.  If we can't tell what it does, if it might not do anything at all (heck, for all we know it might give you bad luck in game with rng), how can an anti religious person

Simple. Even if it does not anything it is "praying". So, and if you pretend being a nasty pirate,

it might not fit your role-playing (in your brain only) game experience.

I think it fits well to "nationals", they have been massively religious by that time.

I am not so sure about pirates.

Like all those ingame gimmicks (fishing, pray) I´d see some trade-off activating it or not.

Fishing should give a penalty, so should pray.

As a captain, I´d like to have the "option" to take on a cleric or not (heard some pirate captains were indeed religious).

Nothing wrong with it, but you cannot ignore fishing in the early stages and I suppose there will

be no players choice on "praying"

I don't think the cut in cargo weight is all that bad, yeah it is about 60-70% drop in cargo weight on some ships, but things like the Lynx it isn't that big.  They went from 800, to around 450.  

Lol, replace "cargo weight" here with your "bank account" and see how that sits with you?  For newer players, of which I'm not one, who are still sailing trader lynxes and trader cutters to do basic econ this is a *huge* hit.  Now I'm not arguing about the historical accuracy of it but you should be able to understand the consternation.

As long as they end "inflation" at other parts of the game (PvE mission farming),

I am fine with those changes....

there needs to be "scarcity" in the game, not stockpiling 80k coal...

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 2

I feel honoured, cannot get any better !!!

P.S.: But I must confess, as a pirate captain I "prayed" three times today,

I am still captain of my ship...was expecting to get hanged, or walk the planks, honestly.

Edited by Wilson09

Gr3y, my experience has been that Cabo Rojo was difficult to get into with LGV and took a little work sometimes, but not impossible.  I haven't been there though after the Wednesday patch.  Just around the corner, though, Guanica is impossible to get into with that LGV (or at least was, last I tried).  That one I tried for about an hour in every possible configuration to get in and could not.  The rest of Puerto Rico is accessible with your LGV.

i know those ofc

cobo is now impossible i try yesterday but thats not the point

Although there is no specific of the unit of measure for weight you can estimate what is buy examining the weight of know items like fish. The needlefish, bluefish, jack weight is .500, the grouper is 3.00 and Shortfin Mako 10. I would estimate the unit of weight is close to a pound or Kilogram (2.2 lbs)