Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

Please don't.

I can already imagine the "Swap to PvE perks for missions" - "Swap to PB repairs for PB defense" - "Swap to anti-pirate perks for pirate PB" - "Swap to crafting perk for LH generation/shipcrafting/blueprints" all happening in one day.

It will make for terrible gameplay and quite bad testing.

If perks are changed often (and removed or added often) reset must be free and always available for testing. 

• Like 5

Endless zerg? Huh.

Well, for example when trying to fight 25-man 1st rate fleets in OW, it's almost impossible for the defending fleet to not be at a disadvantage because of other screeners and various curious players hanging around (unlike for the attacking fleet), while this would potentially make this a bit better.

If perks are changed often (and removed or added often) reset must be free and always available for testing. 

Do it once a day then.

• Like 7

Sure, but at least a 1-day cooldown or something would work wonders.

• Like 8

Please don't forget to Rate Naval Action on Steam!

If i buy ship from crafter then i earn less xp.

===rus===

Если я куплю корабль у крафтера, то я буду получать меньше XP?

No, you get the same XP as before and earn passive XP for a guy who crafted you ship. 

The social perk is a defensive perk... It would be hopeless to get it if you like to hunt a trader in enemy waters... On the other hand - if you are sailing in a trader at home - this could save your day...

If this is applied we certainly do need the fleets anymore!

• Like 1

Sure, but at least a 1-day cooldown or something would work wonders.

what would work wonders is the increased number of tests (experiments)

which is achieved by a free unlimited reset until the next patch. 

• Like 4

If your goal is to test the mechanics en masse just to see that they work, sure, I just wanted to highlight you will now have no real input when it comes to balancing how expensive (points-wise) each perk will be.

For example, at the moment I haven't picked up the Pirate Hunter perk because while it would be great for PBs, it would severely impact on my mission-running and crafting, so I've chosen not to pick it. With free resets, I simply wouldn't care at all how cheap/expensive the perks are, I'd just cram in anything that is specialized on what I'm currently doing.

Unless of course we're about to get several officers to train and choose between in the future, then it will be pretty similar and you can ignore my concern.

• Like 3

I personally like battles that deteriorate into a huge unpredictable mess and i know many players like that too. Also - why fights near enemy capitals should be safe? Perk works both ways. You friends can come to.

Free resets do not matter during the perk stabilization phase.

You are correct but unfortunately you also let players go from 1st tonlast level from thier capital never needing to venture out.

Then they take a free cutter to set up thier teleport pads in a port somewhere. So capitals are only place to find combat alot of times.

Secondly if i am two days ow sail from port but am in battle for 10 minutes they can all teleport and hyperdrive to me because of instance amd ow speeds.

Just remember these things please. I dont want a port battle simulator.

• Like 1

dont buy it then?

Crafter name will be displayed somewhere -like made in China , actual ship name will remain. 

• Ships crafted after patch have the name of the crafter added to it. 5% of all combat xp earned on that ship will also be given to a crafter through the redeemable.

It could  be understandable if each crafter had specificities and some had a desirable production, ie if it was a matter of crafting quality that fighters wanted to get.

Won't it just favor hardcore gamers' and clans' dedicated crafters without any other justification than just being a crafter producing much and/or selling to captains fighting a lot ?

A bonus for hardcore gamers in other words.

Well why not ?

Ships crafted after patch have the name of the crafter added to it. 5% of all combat xp earned on that ship will also be given to a crafter through the redeemable

- what? not realy or? some ppl have realy strange names and I dont wanna have a ship from those ppl.

The USS Doomed is sounded good now.

I personally like battles that deteriorate into a huge unpredictable mess and i know many players like that too. Also - why fights near enemy capitals should be safe? Perk works both ways. You friends can come to.

Free resets do not matter during the perk stabilization phase.

1. Убиваете ПвП около фрипортов. Тагаем группу противника, андокаемся, убиваем и так по кругу. Только этим  и будут заниматься.

2. Знаем, что группа противника движется в каком-то направлении, ставим бейтовый рейт, логофаем остальную группу. Дефенс тагом инициируем бой от рейта, ждем когда противник подойдет и поймает таймер или контрол перк, логинем группу, заходим и убиваем, повторить по кругу. Нафига теперь андок таймер - непонятно.

Вы делаете ошибки раз за разом внося изменения в механике ПвП слушая ПвЕ игроков.

This one is my favorite. :)

No seriously, cant wait to update my game to see the stuff myself. :)

Ok next step take the servers down so we can play  :D

Yah I went to bed early and got up early expecting the patch to be live.   Now I have to go do like that RL stuff.  Hopefully it will be live by time i get back home this eve.

You shouldnt worry a lot about those bad ratings. Most of them are from people who has played only a very few hours. The others complains about the UI, current conquests mechanics, pirates gameplay, lack of end game content, grind and the need of a good pc to run the game.

At the long term I suppose all of this are going to be radically improved.

Please don't.

I can already imagine the "Swap to PvE perks for missions" - "Swap to PB repairs for PB defense" - "Swap to anti-pirate perks for pirate PB" - "Swap to crafting perk for LH generation/shipcrafting/blueprints" all happening in one day.

It will make for terrible gameplay and quite bad testing.

Name will probably be somewhere in the stat card only, not a big deal , also will be interesting to see a ship I crafted and was later captured or sold to some other Nation player capped again some times later with my name on it .

And to see who might be dealing with ships to the other Nations, specially one you might be at war with.

Do it once a day then.

We often forget we are testing a game in development.

Our only goal should be making sure this game fulfill all its potential.

For all the others I was going to say the same thing Intrepido.  I see a lot of people forget this is ALPHA and we are the TESTERS for the Dev Team.   I do like the concept of putting a cool down on the perk changes eventually. I'm kinda glad they removed the 3 perk penalty for reset cause I want to try a bunch of combos and right now I'm doing that by playing around on EU, PvE and US servers with different builds.  Now I can do that all on my main server of play PvP2 US.  This way I can put the mortar brig perk on when I want to use that ship for port battles and remove it when I plan to just be PvP for the day or doing a bunch of crafting stuff.   This will allow us to try more perks and test them and give feed back on them for the Dev Team.

Hurry up and put this patch live now...so I can start testing things out.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

1. Убиваете ПвП около фрипортов. Тагаем группу противника, андокаемся, убиваем и так по кругу. Только этим  и будут заниматься.

2. Знаем, что группа противника движется в каком-то направлении, ставим бейтовый рейт, логофаем остальную группу. Дефенс тагом инициируем бой от рейта, ждем когда противник подойдет и поймает таймер или контрол перк, логинем группу, заходим и убиваем, повторить по кругу. Нафига теперь андок таймер - непонятно.

Вы делаете ошибки раз за разом внося изменения в механике ПвП слушая ПвЕ игроков.

бой открыт в обе стороны - то есть если игрок с этим перком затащит группу в бой - к ним тоже может прийти подкреп. А если он не шел то он не шел бы и сейчас. В теории некоторые бои станут интереснее с несколькими сменами преимущества подходящими силами.

Looks like a good patch and i am excited HOWEVER

Social perk for a trader allows a counter tag to become a revenge very quickly - not sure how i feel about that.

Press gang to 50% isnt enough should be a static number of crew max = 100.   50% of everything from a 3rd rate up is a full crew on a pavel....i have been trying to cap an entire fleet but the best i have done is 7/8 and 11/14 so this doesnt fix the high end.

XP from crafting ships.......sounds like a HORRIBLE idea since alts are generally crafters and alts will get ranks and thus more votes.

I do like everything else tho so dont feel like im bagging  just pointing out the glaring issues.

XP from crafting ships.......sounds like a HORRIBLE idea since alts are generally crafters and alts will get ranks and thus more votes.

a lot of high end crafters are max level anyway.

• Like 4

А если он не шел то он не шел бы и сейчас. В теории некоторые бои станут интереснее с несколькими сменами преимущества подходящими силами.

вовсе нет.

раньше он не шел бы из окрестных портов. а вкупе с бесплатным телепортом  в аутпосты - да хоть из столиц.

если снаружи фрипортапорта 1 корабль любой нации - то в бою ее может быть хоть 25.

бой открыт в обе стороны - то есть если игрок с этим перком затащит группу в бой - к ним тоже может прийти подкреп. А если он не шел то он не шел бы и сейчас. В теории некоторые бои станут интереснее с несколькими сменами преимущества подходящими силами.

Около фрипортов ПвП группы уже известны, их численность и на чем ходят, бейтить вообще не проблема, особенно небольшие кланы. Про походы далеко от своих вод можно вообще забыть. Подобная система мне прям Еву напоминает когда на голову может грохнуться неограниченное число противников, ничего интересного в этом нет. Давайте теперь играть в миниигру, кто кого лучше разведет.

При том что у нас численность коалиций не равны, кого больше зайдет в бой около La Tortue, где кол-во националов сильно превышает пиратов.

Ну и зайдут они опять прям туда где тагнули, прям в центр боя.

Edited by Dekillos

вовсе нет.

раньше он не шел бы из окрестных портов. а вкупе с бесплатным телепортом  в аутпосты - да хоть из столиц.

если снаружи фрипортапорта 1 корабль любой нации - то в бою ее может быть хоть 25.

ну так какой будет результат?

25 на 25 в конце концов 

что и хотелось бы добится

a lot of high end crafters are max level anyway.

And 5% isn't really that much at all. This will just help the crafter/trader level out a bit faster than the guys that do nothing but PvP.  You be suprised how much leveling has been just from my travels around doing Econ.  

ну так какой будет результат?

25 на 25 в конце концов 

что и хотелось бы добится

вовсе нет. будет 25 на 2-3.

• Like 1

вовсе нет. будет 25 на 2-3.

забываете про альянсы и что телепортироваться в тот ближайший аутпост могут все

посмотрим в деле