Game-Labs Forum

17 to 19 ports in one evening lost PVP 2

angriff

The reason you're taking ports is because we chose to let you do that.  Thanks for showing just how unbalanced the pirate mechanic is.  This could be a great game, but until they take the advantages away from the pirates, it's broken.  It's just too easy for the 13yr olds to go pirate.

The reason they are taking 'your' ports is directly due to your own actions towards people who were once your countrymen.

Before you start accusing others of your own failures I implore you to grow up and act like the adult you claim to be.

• Like 5

Only "advantage" (and ho boy does a lot of looseness need to be used with the term) he could possibly be on about is it being less of a hassle to switch to 'Rat from National.

It is a bit more of a "pain" to switch to other nations. I recently switched from Pirate to GB. Walked away from over 10 million gold and quite a few good, modded ships. However, it was a choice I made and I'm not complaining at all. Had no trouble getting myself re-established and making easy gold again.

Other than that, it looks like typical whinging from someone who's mad they're not "on top" anymore. From the encounters I had with US players when I was 'Rat, it's easy to see why they're getting ports taken from them left and right. Clans like BLACK operate like a well oiled machine and that's why they win. Has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of "Pirate Advantage" because from a combat standpoint, there isn't one.

• Like 3

The reason you're taking ports is because we chose to let you do that. Thanks for showing just how unbalanced the pirate mechanic is. This could be a great game, but until they take the advantages away from the pirates, it's broken. It's just too easy for the 13yr olds to go pirate.

The reason you guys are being crushed and have people fleeing your nation faster than the millennium falcon is because of the attitudes of you and those like you.

I stay out of port battles usually ( they dont interest a pirate like me) but i can read global, battle and pms and tell from the insane rants from you and others here talking about tears that i dont think anyone who isnt illiterate would stay in the US.

Even the good US players seldom show up anywhere or get involved with you because they can't stand to deal with you.

Reading your posts and global chat and your pms you send reminds me of Lord of the Flies. Yes you guys are the flies but this time no adults are comming to save you from yourself.

STOP blaming the game because of your arrogance and poor game play.

• Like 6

Only "advantage" (and ho boy does a lot of looseness need to be used with the term) he could possibly be on about is it being less of a hassle to switch to 'Rat from National.

It is a bit more of a "pain" to switch to other nations. I recently switched from Pirate to GB. Walked away from over 10 million gold and quite a few good, modded ships. However, it was a choice I made and I'm not complaining at all. Had no trouble getting myself re-established and making easy gold again.

Other than that, it looks like typical whinging from someone who's mad they're not "on top" anymore. From the encounters I had with US players when I was 'Rat, it's easy to see why they're getting ports taken from them left and right. Clans like BLACK operate like a well oiled machine and that's why they win. Has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of "Pirate Advantage" because from a combat standpoint, there isn't one.

I left PvP1 cause of how the US was treating players back when that server split with the mirror one.  So what I did with my char there was turned him rat, but I didn't do it the switch over by hitting something after moving all my stuff.  I deleted the char with a lot of gold and ships and started over with the rank and craft level only.  Since I have turned Rat on PvP2 I have now took that same char and deleted him.  I plan to make a National that isn't US to mess with the Alliance stuff, but haven't figure out what nation yet.   Yah you can just easly move your stuff or go rat to become PIrate, but you can just as easy just delete that char and start all over.  Remeber this is Alpha game testing so it's not like we are going to keep all that stuff any way.  I actually think it would be good to wipe a lot of players stuff some time in the future to clean out the banks and reset the economy.  Maybe when the game goes to a beta stage or something or when they bring the new Pirate mechanics so folks can choise to go back to national or stay a pirate.  I know when the game goes live I'm prob going to make me a National char and if I end up with a second account I'll have my Pirate.   That or have them on two diffrent servers cause some times you just want a diffrent play than just being a national.

Other than that there isn't any special stuff that makes them OP.

• Like 1

I will not say much here, we need the new conquest mechanics.

Maybe Ink wants to take a closer look here.

It wasnt just One nation. All the nations got on the board. They all launched massive attacks.

Edited by Loco Bandito

As a former Pirate, the mechanics are not broken; our pirate faction simply seized an opportune moment to strike when the Americans were fractured.

Britain & Spain followed suit due to the simple fact that we saw a ripe apple on the tree - and we decided to take it.

• Like 3

As a former Pirate, the mechanics are not broken; our pirate faction simply seized an opportune moment to strike when the Americans were fractured.

Britain & Spain followed suit due to the simple fact that we saw a ripe apple on the tree - and we decided to take it.

I believe the term you want is over ripe or "spoiled " as we call it.

• Like 2

What exactly is that advantage?  I have yet to hear what they have and why they are OP other than they beat you and your letting us have it.   Maybe it's more your tired of getting beat even when you have the odds you still loose and run away.  

Big words from a pathetic turncoat! -- oh yeah -- there is your big advantage... train up USA,. then turncoat like AN, UNKN, JUL .. wow... that takes  ..ummm "skill" --- NOT!

You all just don't get it. THE US gave up long ago -- no sense in battling every freaking nation .. oh and look .. I think the PIRATES heads are so far up their arses, they lost the ability to count ports accurately.. who has more now? Don't forget to count the ones WAY down south .. ya bunch of hypocrits! PVP2 aint never been fun for me -- too much crap (back-biting/pooh-talking/cheaters) and folks in the capital backyard. Too many dual account user/abusers. Too many turncoats who couldn't handle being US so they joined the enemy (or the more winning side, cause they cant handle losses). Bet you couldn't handle a real fire fight, precious.

I Don't like traitors.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed over-the-top insults. Please keep insults in game.

Big words from a pathetic turncoat! -- oh yeah -- there is your big advantage... train up USA,. then turncoat like AN, UNKN, JUL .. wow... that takes ..ummm "skill" --- NOT!

You all just don't get it. THE US gave up long ago -- no sense in battling every freaking nation .. oh and look .. I think the PIRATES heads are so far up their arses, they lost the ability to count ports accurately.. who has more now? Don't forget to count the ones WAY down south .. ya bunch of hypocrits! PVP2 aint never been fun for me -- too much crap (back-biting/pooh-talking/cheaters) and folks in the capital backyard. Too many dual account user/abusers. Too many turncoats who couldn't handle being US so they joined the enemy (or the more winning side, cause they cant handle losses). Bet you couldn't handle a real fire fight, precious.

I Don't like traitors.

Any devs or moderator who is pondering changing mechanics do to complaining about pirates being OP as the reason please read this mans comments.

If you have been reading this whole post you can tell the name calling, insults, elitist attitude and cry of foul are made by angery immature players.

Can you imagine how they act in game ?? Trust me its 10x worse and THAT is the reason why players swap teams. Players get sick of people being name calling jerks so rather than ignore the whole faction they get revenge.

Now if you want to keep people from nation swapping and keeping thier level and gear im GREAT WITH THAT but please dont change the game because bad people run off thier team then blame the game instead of thier self.

• Like 3

throwing myself into the frey of all the damn pirates in this thread, but at this point it cant be too bad.

you say that what your doing is creating PvP but it is in no way creating or helping it.

i for one have all most entirely given up fighting, what is the point of trying to fight literally 5 nations, there isnt one, and to those that say that it is the US's fault for being "a**holes" or whatever you may think, you're judging the entire nation on the actions of a few, there are probably like...45-50 active US players (maybe less maybe more), not all of whom are complete copies of CHEATOS, or Baron.

Then theres the whole, well the US did this to The rats (this being, obliterating the nation), well 1. a majority of the players that did that to the Rats, arent even playing the game anymore, and hell i think a lot of them actually went rat, idk.

I expect to be roasted or something so let it rip.

Any devs or moderator who is pondering changing mechanics do to complaining about pirates being OP as the reason please read this mans comments.

If you have been reading this whole post you can tell the name calling, insults, elitist attitude and cry of foul are made by angery immature players.

Can you imagine how they act in game ?? Trust me its 10x worse and THAT is the reason why players swap teams. Players get sick of people being name calling jerks so rather than ignore the whole faction they get revenge.

Now if you want to keep people from nation swapping and keeping thier level and gear im GREAT WITH THAT but please dont change the game because bad people run off thier team then blame the game instead of thier self.

awww, pudding .. your wittle feelwins hurt?... sorry -- don't care! and I am FAR from elitist. Angery?..I think you meant "angry" .. nope not at all!

It aint rocket science m-d, when you have 60+ players (3+ clans defect to another nation, in less than 4 weeks) .. you get an OP imbalance. I don't pretend to be in charge. I am fed up (yes) with the continual beratement of the US. Evidently the US is not allowed to defend itself. So if that is what you feel is right.. let me stand to correct you - plebe!

This game is a doctrine of Manipulation -- the Pirate faction has managed that well. Declared the US as OP -- aligned themselves with other nations - to get EVERYONE against the US, and thus are conducting a complete wipe of said US nation, all in the name of "fun and due process". Irregardless that (if you really really think about it) -- the US is not comprised of the same players it had; when you and everyone else are blathering about it being OP, arrogant and oppressive. Did you ever think there are new players? nope.. just kill anything that's US. So'k ... ya wont be killing anything of mine. again .. I will just wait until your next diaper change... and y'all will find another nut to complain about -- maybe the Brits. Seeing as one of your compadres regarded the other day as "them having too much control" near Mortimer.

Weak people leave because the going gets tough. Immature people cheat. Pathetic LOSERS are ones who OP one side, and think its fun and fair for all. So take

1) that, 2) the salty end of a marital device

Edited by SteelSandwich
Removed over-the-top insults.

If clans defect to any nation, the nation they left is weaker for it and the vacuum of power will be filled by those with the power to take the now uncontested territory. Such are the fortunes of war. This is not an imbalance in game mechanics, this is the natural result of losing the players who would otherwise be defending the ports lost. I see no problem with this.

• Like 2

awww, pudding .. your wittle feelwins hurt?... sorry -- don't care! and I am FAR from elitist. Angery?..I think you meant "angry" .. nope not at all! But you keep playing in your sandbox, I am sure your momma will be by to check that foul odor eminating from you!!

It aint rocket science m-d, when you have 60+ players (3+ clans defect to another nation, in less than 4 weeks) .. you get an OP imbalance. I don't pretend to be in charge. I am fed up (yes) with the continual beratement of the US. Evidently the US is not allowed to defend itself. So if that is what you feel is right.. let me stand to correct you - plebe!

This game is a doctrine of Manipulation -- the Pirate faction has managed that well. Declared the US as OP -- aligned themselves with other nations - to get EVERYONE against the US, and thus are conducting a complete wipe of said US nation, all in the name of "fun and due process". Irregardless that (if you really really think about it) -- the US is not comprised of the same players it had; when you and everyone else are blathering about it being OP, arrogant and oppressive. Did you ever think there are new players? nope.. just kill anything that's US. So'k ... ya wont be killing anything of mine. again .. I will just wait until your next diaper change... and y'all will find another nut to complain about -- maybe the Brits. Seeing as one of your compadres regarded the other day as "them having too much control" near Mortimer.

Weak people leave because the going gets tough. Immature people cheat. Pathetic LOSERS are ones who OP one side, and think its fun and fair for all. So take

1) that, 2) the salty end of a marital device - and 3) shove it where it fits most uncomfortably! Bada -bing!

Lol again the perfect example of why people flee the US to nations killing them. I know his post will probably get removed for content ( same reason hes always chat banned in game lol) but i think you should leave it up so everyone can see the real reason nobody will play or help the US.

THANKS yank for your cooperation.

• Like 2

Lol again the perfect example of why people flee the US to nations killing them. I know his post will probably get removed for content ( same reason hes always chat banned in game lol) but i think you should leave it up so everyone can see the real reason nobody will play or help the US.

hey whatever you think!

BTW, I have NEVER been chat banned! That must be a constant habit for you though! But you keep crying! makes for a cheap "chic" side of things!

umm, I don't run folks off. You don't like the truth.. please, by all means keep suckling!

Edited by yankyaeger

Can this get moved to National News? There is no discussion here.

Well, there's nothing 'new' about anything the crusty old clueless guy has said. Or that we've said.

An arguement is, in point of fact, a discussion.

If only US leadership would be more inclusive, up-front, SMART, and better organized, things would be way different.

But since they're mostly either 60+ years old or 13 and stuck in their 'my way or the highway' mentality.. they don't understand why so many people speed off.

They're too blind to see anything else, not the forest through the trees and/or the trees through the forest. I'd give them all mirrors, but they still wouldn't bother to look at what the problem is.

It's quite fascinating actually.

• Like 2

How is you letting us take ports an unbalanced Pirate mechanic? What about Britain and Spain? What bout the other nations taking ports? Is it because of a unbalanced Pirate mechanic? Mate you make no sense. Want to talk unbalanced faster reload perk against Pirates. Thats unbalanced. By the way you guys have been showing and fighting, we havnt taken uncontested ports.

Pirates buying flags in the timers you set thinking we would not show is your fault. Your name is on the ports.

We set our timers 00-02 for a reason. So you guys cant complain its late at night.

We have same ships, same choice of timbers, same mods to use and yet the Pirates broke the game. 

Admit we outplay you guys. End of story.

P.S. Your the reason people left US to go to France, Dutch, Spain, Pirate. If you US has anyone to thank why you guys are complaining its OldCrankyMan.

Pirates are a broken nation because you can push that attack button on any friendly ship in your nation and BOOM!  your a pirate with no repercussion.  So, over time, the pirate nation will get larger and larger until the entire server is swarmed with pirates.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  I am sure British, danish, french, and Spanish players have jumped ship on the pirate bandwagon at some point.  PVP1 had the right idea with all nations attacking the pirates because they should not really be considered a nation.  Also,  You should lose everything, your ports, your resources, and your ships when you go pirate.  Then people will think twice before jumping ship.  It needs to be made very painful for players to switch nations so it does not happen often. 

The reason you guys are being crushed and have people fleeing your nation faster than the millennium falcon is because of the attitudes of you and those like you.

I stay out of port battles usually ( they dont interest a pirate like me) but i can read global, battle and pms and tell from the insane rants from you and others here talking about tears that i dont think anyone who isnt illiterate would stay in the US.

Even the good US players seldom show up anywhere or get involved with you because they can't stand to deal with you.

Reading your posts and global chat and your pms you send reminds me of Lord of the Flies. Yes you guys are the flies but this time no adults are comming to save you from yourself.

STOP blaming the game because of your arrogance and poor game play.

No, the reason why people are jumping over to the pirate nation is because everyone wants to be a winner and no one wants to be a loser.  People jumped ship to pirates because we were losing and then complaining about it in chat and blaming other people.  Your post is just a "feel good" justification for your actions if you left your nation to go pirate.  You pirates are all just a bunch of scrubs made up of cowards that jumped ship when things got tough.  Maybe my clan and I should all go pirate and swell the ranks until there is no one left but pirates.  Then we can all feel good and tell ourselves, "well they were mean to us and said mean things."  That will create a really healthy and balanced game now wouldn't it?

As it stands now, the ranks of the pirates are swarming with old US players because they got but-hurt when they lost a battle or 2.  If you were once a US player and jumped ship to go pirate, I have little to no respect for you.  Really shows the character of many of the people in this game.  You can keep all the cowards. 

Hopefully the US nation can build a player-base of loyal players that wont coward out to the pirates when things get tough.  Eventually, when we come back strong, the true colors of the pirate player base will start to show, except they will be stuck as a pirate unless then want to lose their stuff to go back to a nation. 

Edited by Ultravis

Big words from a pathetic turncoat! -- oh yeah -- there is your big advantage... train up USA,. then turncoat like AN, UNKN, JUL .. wow... that takes  ..ummm "skill" --- NOT!

You all just don't get it. THE US gave up long ago -- no sense in battling every freaking nation .. oh and look .. I think the PIRATES heads are so far up their arses, they lost the ability to count ports accurately.. who has more now? Don't forget to count the ones WAY down south .. ya bunch of hypocrits! PVP2 aint never been fun for me -- too much crap (back-biting/pooh-talking/cheaters) and folks in the capital backyard. Too many dual account user/abusers. Too many turncoats who couldn't handle being US so they joined the enemy (or the more winning side, cause they cant handle losses). Bet you couldn't handle a real fire fight, precious.

I Don't like traitors.

Funny cause I leveled up on PvP1 EU server and than switched over to the US one when the population got decent.  I only made two ranks while playing on PvP2 US.   Since I have made one rank while a Pirate.  So most of those ranks I didn't even make on PvP2 but I made on PvP1.  I left that server cause of how they US treated new players over there.  Than it started to be the same on the PvP1 server.  This right here and the crap I get in global chat since is why I left.  Cause ya'll are toxic to other players.   To be exact when we switched the port turn around was about the same from US and Pirates.  The steam roll didn't start until weeks after we switched.  Even now we still show up with less players at Port Battles than the US brings and we still beat them.  That is cause we don't show up in basic unmodded ships and we actually all get into one team speak and organize our attacks.   Hell we don't even get with Spain or GB as they are just doing there own thing.  Every one is just sick of the US holding onto almost over half the ports in game when they can't even keep them.  This is being shown by how easily they are being taken  by one of the biggest nations in game.  Than when you just roll over and let us take them shows how you never had the power or control to keep them.  You steam rolled other weaker nations to get those ports and it's time you get them taken from you and earn them properly.

Fine if you don't like traitors than keep it in game.  You do remember this is a game after all.  I do play a National on PvP2 (not US any more and I deleted my char and started all new with him instead of porting things over from one nation to another).   

awww, pudding .. your wittle feelwins hurt?... sorry -- don't care! and I am FAR from elitist. Angery?..I think you meant "angry" .. nope not at all! But you keep playing in your sandbox, I am sure your momma will be by to check that foul odor eminating from you!!

This game is a doctrine of Manipulation -- the Pirate faction has managed that well. Declared the US as OP -- aligned themselves with other nations - to get EVERYONE against the US, and thus are conducting a complete wipe of said US nation, all in the name of "fun and due process". Irregardless that (if you really really think about it) -- the US is not comprised of the same players it had; when you and everyone else are blathering about it being OP, arrogant and oppressive. Did you ever think there are new players? nope.. just kill anything that's US. So'k ... ya wont be killing anything of mine. again .. I will just wait until your next diaper change... and y'all will find another nut to complain about -- maybe the Brits. Seeing as one of your compadres regarded the other day as "them having too much control" near Mortimer.

1) that, 2) the salty end of a marital device - and 3) shove it where it fits most uncomfortably! Bada -bing!

60+ players?  When have the Pirates been able to field a full 25 players for PB's.  The US has many times in the past and still lost against over 5-10 more ships in a battle than the Pirates have.  The problem is you bring basic un-modded ships and than have no organization.  I know this cause I had been to many of those PB's we lost when we had way more numbers than the Pirates.   We weren't loosing a ton of ports when my clan left.  Though ya'll did start to loose them afterwards.  We left a lot of players behind in our clan when we switched, but that didn't change much cause those that stayed where the guys that did't really show up for PB's any way.  We wanted more PvP and port battles that was full of team work and that is what we got.  SO now you just got rolled by about the same average 20-30 guys that get on every night and group together to win things.  Something you can't even get US players to do any more.  We are seeing still the same guys showing up at PB's on the US side and sadly they are the new players not the old cranky elitist that should be showing up every PB"s.  Hell the other night I was tempted to contact one of those US players and offer to build him a new ship cause he keeps showing up over and over to those battles.

Yep it's why I left the US on the PvP2 server and went to be a Privater for another nation since.  It's why myself and others of my clan left cause we where getting treated like this in nation chat by other players cause we wanted to organize actual battles and work as a team.  Something we are getting in the Pirate Group now and enjoying it.  Hell I haven't even been going to most of the deep water battles cause I prefer the shallow water stuff and well it's like US elistest have just giving up even though they have all ways had the numebers and it's only the new players that show up and try.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr
  • Like 1

Pirates are a broken nation because you can push that attack button on any friendly ship in your nation and BOOM!  your a pirate with no repercussion.  So, over time, the pirate nation will get larger and larger until the entire server is swarmed with pirates.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  I am sure British, danish, french, and Spanish players have jumped ship on the pirate bandwagon at some point.  PVP1 had the right idea with all nations attacking the pirates because they should not really be considered a nation.  Also,  You should lose everything, your ports, your resources, and your ships when you go pirate.  Then people will think twice before jumping ship.  It needs to be made very painful for players to switch nations so it does not happen often. 

No, the reason why people are jumping over to the pirate nation is because everyone wants to be a winner and no one wants to be a loser.  People jumped ship to pirates because we were losing and then complaining about it in chat and blaming other people.  Your post is just a "feel good" justification for your actions if you left your nation to go pirate.  You pirates are all just a bunch of scrubs made up of cowards that jumped ship when things got tough.  Maybe my clan and I should all go pirate and swell the ranks until there is no one left but pirates.  Then we can all feel good and tell ourselves, "well they were mean to us and said mean things."  That will create a really healthy and balanced game now wouldn't it?

As it stands now, the ranks of the pirates are swarming with old US players because they got but-hurt when they lost a battle or 2.  If you were once a US player and jumped ship to go pirate, I have little to no respect for you.  Really shows the character of many of the people in this game.  You can keep all the cowards. 

Hopefully the US nation can build a player-base of loyal players that wont coward out to the pirates when things get tough.  Eventually, when we come back strong, the true colors of the pirate player base will start to show, except they will be stuck as a pirate unless then want to lose their stuff to go back to a nation. 

We where not loosing on the US side when my Clan switched.  In Fact we had as a clan by our self taken a very close pirate port from them without any help from any other clans or US players.  In fact most of the Bahama defence that keep ports in US hands was cause of our clan showing up.  It wasn't until after we left and started to help the underman, but more organized Pirates that they keep taking ports from ya'll.   AGAIN WE SWITCED cause of how TOXIC the older US players and some of the newer ones trying to prove something was to other players.  You will never win when you keep the do it my way or the high way attitude that many of the US players have.  You lost your best players cause of how much you treated them like crap not cause you where loosing.  There are still a lot of great players on the US side and they will prob get burned out sooner or later.  They are the guys that are still showing up at Port Battles and trying.  If you guys get the stick out of your arse and stop thinking of just yourself and think of your Nation as a whole.....you would easly stop loosing so many ports and will be able to stand as the strong powerfull Nation you should be with the number of players you have compared to any other Nation.

• Like 1