Game-Labs Forum

The only way to stop having problems with forum moderators is stop posting.

That´s my way to treat the whole issue.

:mellow:

I don't think it's too hard. Just don't insult people and stay on topic (or at least close to it)

It's not like these rules are complicated or hard to comprehend

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

i will half to disagree with you i made a post that was within the bounds of where it was so post to be and all that jazz and you know what i got a warning and it got locked and edited apparently

the moderator (which will remain nameless as i grow tired of collecting it and bring more agitation to myself) which is one who has shown his more worthless side on other posts of mine and other's

made an excuse that i was harassing another person which within the post had nothing of such so and even when i go to another for assistance they turn there back to it as though i am chop'd liver

so i choose to hang the rules since they don't follow them so why should we its only fair.

• 6 months later...

I've made 2 posts now(both deleted by a moderator/Admin), one was basically saying that a guy on a forum post, that was asking "what have you guys been smoking" yet my friend got his post removed and got his first warning for saying basically the same thing. A bit biased dont you think?

The second post was a better written, friendly heads up to the guy that what he said is basically giving abuse to the Dev/Admin(this is was what my friend got warned for.) But my post still got deleted.

Not really fair to be honest.

As you are a completely new member, your first five or so posts (in most subforums) are subject to pre-moderation. Are you sure that your posts were deleted and not that they haven't yet been okay'd by a moderator?

And even if your posts were screened in pre-moderation, while similar posts were not deleted, it is understandable that something that is "on the line" from a new member would not be greenlit by a moderator in premoderator, while it might not be considered sufficiently noteworthy that it would be actively deleted coming from a more veteran user. Also, your username might not be the best choice if you wish your comments to be heard. 

Since some people are expressing some modicum of sympathy towards "DeadGameIsDead," let me tell you a little story about my Tuesday morning.

So there I was, sitting in a coffee shop, knocking out some work while my fiance was in class.  I procrastinate for a little bit, and see what's going on on the forums, and I see an approval queue 10 - 20 items long.  All of it is from one individual player, Forphuxakes.  Hrmm, says I, what could this be?  Recently put on premoderation for abusive behavior.  OK, well, what's in the queue?

Nearly every one of his "posts" is a status update with the following images:

https://i.gyazo.com/8e7def3d14bbb6132aa9505a059a78ad.png
https://i.gyazo.com/705f2daa604ef888132d9094d752d9b4.png
https://i.gyazo.com/c5d4410fbbe8b4db5f3f22cf2ed01a42.png

The ones that aren't are trolling the moderators and the developers.  Fair enough, write up a ban, send it out.  That happened on Tuesday, at 9:05 Eastern time.

Now, I see a new member with the usual post approval process with a name "DeadGameIsDead."  How original and creative.  His new posts are about how Forphuxakes was unfairly treated.  And time of creation of account?  Tuesday, 9:27AM.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Now, I see a new member with the usual post approval process with a name "DeadGameIsDead."  How original and creative.  His new posts are about how Forphuxakes was unfairly treated.  And time of creation of account?  Tuesday, 9:27AM.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but...

Classic XD