Game-Labs Forum

That guy was banned for phrases like 

• cyka blyat, ruski idi nahoi
  • to [player name] go fuck yourself
  • #whitefagsmattertoo
  • to [player name] fuck you prick
He definitely should add those to his steam review and reddit :)
But this is not LOL or DOTA - we try to keep chat clean and people who are not using allowed cursewords will not be able to talk at all. 

I am totally in favour of even a heavily moderated chat!

But please tell your mods once in while (green names in chat are mods I guess), that these rules are valid for them as well.

Phrases like 'report me, lol, I won't ban myself lol' do not really help moderators enforcing these rules.

Actually it is a shame, that these basic rules of human interaction need to be outlined.

Sorry, if someone is not mature enough for normal social interaction I'd ban him without a warning. And I love blame & shame threads.

Once more it is shown why I should never have administration rights, otherwise the chat would be pretty silent pretty soon...

I am totally in favour of even a heavily moderated chat!

But please tell your mods once in while (green names in chat are mods I guess), that these rules are valid for them as well.

Phrases like 'report me, lol, I won't ban myself lol' do not really help moderators enforcing these rules.

Actually it is a shame, that these basic rules of human interaction need to be outlined.

Sorry, if someone is not mature enough for normal social interaction I'd ban him without a warning. And I love blame & shame threads.

Once more it is shown why I should never have administration rights, otherwise the chat would be pretty silent pretty soon...

"Report me, I won't ban myself" should never have happened.  If it did, you need to, shocker, REPORT it so that it can be dealt with.  There may also have been an issue on context.  Moderators are players and can make jokes like anyone else.  If the statement was in response to someone trying to report them for something that isn't an offense in the first place, I can see where that statement might be made.

Making accusations of this nature without any proof is not going to work here.

That said, the in-game Report button doesn't send anything to the moderators - that goes into an escalation system that is monitored by a Developer.  If a moderator is acting unprofessionally, report them. If it's serious, take a screenshot and send it to one of the other moderators or Ink.  We will NOT tolerate moderators who break the rules - we're expected to uphold a higher level of decorum than players.

• Like 6

That guy was banned for phrases like 

• cyka blyat, ruski idi nahoi
  • to [player name] go fuck yourself
  • #whitefagsmattertoo
  • to [player name] fuck you prick
He definitely should add those to his steam review and reddit :)
But this is not LOL or DOTA - we try to keep chat clean and people who are not using allowed cursewords will not be able to talk at a

Is this what i have recieved a ban for ? Things that were said before my original chat ban ? I am presuming you have pulled my entire chat history in order to try and justify a second ban ?

Edited by Bountyhunter

So am I right in saying when this chat ban expires I will receive a 3rd because once apon a time one of my cannonballs hit a friendly ? When is are you guys gonna stop treating me this way, if the answer is never then arrange a refund and I will quit.

good luck with your refund request from steam

Edited by Nash

Never been chat banned on anything, but I am genuinely curious: can you receive consecutive bans without committing consecutive offenses? 

If indeed you can be "re-banned" because of the severity of past offenses, it would seem a longer ban is in order, instead of multiple short bans... Since it will no doubt be found out, I'll admit it here that I am Bounty's clanmate, and so have an invested interest in his chat status. Not challenging anyone here, just trying to get my buddy back in the game.

Thanks,

[sORRY] Commodore Clay 

"Unreliable Narrator" = Inaccurate portrayer of events= Not what really happened.

I have no idea if stuff was said that was ban worthy after the initial faux pas, just decoding Maturin....    :rolleyes:

Ahh. Knowing bounty, I'm sure his first ban was well-deserved, I'm only inquiring about the second one, and the protocol and circumstances therein.

I appreciate the clarification Mr. Merrill, I suppose I'll just wait for a mod to answer my original question. 

• Like 1

If bounty is who I think he is (from PotBS), outstanding pvp player and certainly very outspoken, if in dire need of a censor.  Unfortunately, as he's admitted, that would be nigh impossible to attain.  Can't ask a tiger to change its stripes can you?

No, but if the conduct of a players reaches an extend in which it damages or limits the experiences of other players in the game, the tiger will have to adjust.

In our rules that limit has been solidified in rule mainly 1, 3 and 5.

Furthermore, telling moderators to go fuck themselves isn't acceptable in any scenario, also an undefendable statement regardless the nature of the player.

• Like 3

No, but if the conduct of a players reaches an extend in which it damages or limits the experiences of other players in the game, the tiger will have to adjust.

In our rules that limit has been solidified in rule mainly 1, 3 and 5.

Furthermore, telling moderators to go fuck themselves isn't acceptable in any scenario, also an undefendable statement regardless the nature of the player.

After criticizing Olav i received a chat warning for using the same language as another on chat, so I did tell him to "go fuck himself" for obviously singling me out, but I served a 7 day chat ban for that (which has never been disputed). So i consider that  crime as time served but feel free to bring it up any time.

But as you know we are discussing the second consecutive chat ban and if the crime of saying a sweary word preceded the original ban then I believe it was time served with the original ban.

I understand the point of bans is to teach people a lesson for using bad language (fine if applied evenly) but how does an endless loop of chat bans help ?

I have asked several times if when this second ban expires will I automatically get a 3rd and still no answer.

All I want is for the pettiness and censorship to stop. 

Edited by Bountyhunter

If bounty is who I think he is (from PotBS), outstanding pvp player and certainly very outspoken, if in dire need of a censor.  Unfortunately, as he's admitted, that would be nigh impossible to attain.  Can't ask a tiger to change its stripes can you?

I never played POTBS but I will pretend you were talking about me with the outstanding PVP player bit and thank you for the bottom of my heart for your kind words sir o7

So I received a second ban for something that was said before my original ban ? sorry im finding this hard to believe.

Bans are issued weekly or/and on the spot depending on the severity.

If mods are present in chat they will try to give a warning first.

If a player was abusing other players right and left in other places and if there were enough of those reports he will also receive an additional weekly ban for those phrases once they are reviewed.

Once ban expires and if the player becomes more careful with abusing others nothing bad will happen.

If he continues he will get banned again for new offenses. But this will be a new punishment.

• Like 1

"Once ban expires and if the player becomes more careful with abusing others nothing bad will happen.

If he continues he will get banned again for new offenses. But this will be a new punishment."

But that never happened on this occasion instead you pulled my entire chat history in order to try and find something to justify a second consecutive ban and some of the examples were over a month old (one of them was for my original ban) which makes your weekly review comment null void.

"Once ban expires and if the player becomes more careful with abusing others nothing bad will happen.

If he continues he will get banned again for new offenses. But this will be a new punishment."

But that never happened on this occasion instead you pulled my entire chat history in order to try and find something to justify a second consecutive ban and some of the examples were over a month old (one of them was for my original ban) which makes your weekly review comment null void.

so what you are saying is, you should have been banned earlier because you clearly cant hold it together in chat?

Edited by Chimera

Bans are issued weekly or/and on the spot depending on the severity.

If mods are present in chat they will try to give a warning first.

If a player was abusing other players right and left in other places and if there were enough of those reports he will also receive an additional weekly ban for those phrases once they are reviewed.

Once ban expires and if the player becomes more careful with abusing others nothing bad will happen.

If he continues he will get banned again for new offenses. But this will be a new punishment.

Thanks for the straightforward answer.

So am I to understand that Bounty has received this second ban because of the severity of the original offense, as discovered by your review of his case?

If so, can we expect the chain of bans to terminate with this one, provided he makes no further offense?

Thanks again.