Game-Labs Forum

The thing is, I'm not allowed to ask certain questions nor make certain statements.

So I'm probably going close to edge to try and explain it. For that I apologize and if deletion/moderation is done to this post, then so be it.

As an example, a topic I think we all can (and must) agree on: legal aspects are not a subject for this forum. So we parked this.

Skully, have you pondered the fact that most other people don't require a proverbial lighthouse to mark clear violations of the forum rules?

I'm sure I've never even read the darn things, but seem to do alright.

I would say that probably most people do not need that lighthouse to see what is appropriate both on the forum and in-game.

But it only takes a minority of people to ruin the game. Especially if all gaps are not sealed properly.

IMO, be glad we have a forum. If you don't like how it runs, make an unofficial one yourself.

In a year time I still want to be playing this game and not read back on how it went down on a "Woahhh - we dont care."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NavalAction/comments/51et4l/moderators_please_read/

I bloody care very much for this game, because it has so much potential.

Or lose the potential and get another Grind MMO.

http://gameranx.com/features/id/17498/article/building-the-ultimate-mmo-society/

For that I need to challenge the developers and that can only be done on their grounds under their rules.

I may not say this, but I will anyway.

I have the highest admiration and respect for Henry, because he is sticking his neck out for all of us.

Back to the edge (and maybe I need to move this to the green-to-green topic? Or it might get deleted outright?):

The new Green-to-Green rule is 2 days old and we already see folks who are, either intentionally or unintentionally, trying to get through those gaps.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16379-team-killer-spain/

I may not provide any form of input here or maybe I do not understand the form in which it can be debated.

Which is contrary to my beliefs of the method of elenchus. (And I belief Code of Conduct Rule #1, having an open exchange of ideas.)

And then the circle goes round, not once, not twice, even not trice, but on and on. Forever we'll see such Tribunals, because if folks can't win in-game, they take it out-game.

Thus we keep cementing the game or the rules, but without the whole picture in sight. New cement to be applied next round etc.

And instead of a Fortress or Lighthouse, it has turned into an invisible rock.

Anyway, I hope I have not offended anybody nor stepped over the lines. If so, then you can only view this post until it is moderated away.

• Like 1

Breaking rules until they get fixed to your own satisfaction leads only to anarchy, as many people have many sets of rules they think are fair or unfair.

On the Green v Green, I will address that here: That is why the 1st step is a warning. It need never go beyond that.

You may think everything (and you emphasized everything) should be debatable. You are incorrect.

• Like 1

Back to the edge (and maybe I need to move this to the green-to-green topic? Or it might get deleted outright?):

The new Green-to-Green rule is 2 days old and we already see folks who are, either intentionally or unintentionally, trying to get through those gaps.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16379-team-killer-spain/

As PFK oficer I warned Karas that he shouldn't doing that, beasue it's forbiden.

Not everyone enters forum every day (and it seems that this rule came three days ago) and We have war against Spain (and few other nations).

Anyway player was warned, and if in future he doesn't adhered to rules he should get ban (depending on offense either temporarily or permanently).

P.S: Yes, I know rule that says: "Ignorantia legis non excusat".
  • Like 1

Not everyone enters forum every day (and it seems that this rule came three days ago)

[...]

P.S: Yes, I know rule that says: "Ignorantia legis non excusat".

And because we debate it, we come to agreeable solutions for all. (Again, thank you Henry.)

I think it makes sense to add an extra screen on startup which either brings up a browser window on the Tribunal rules or a clickable link.

With the checkbox option: "Show on Startup" and the buttons "I Agree" vs "Quit".

Whenever a new rule gets instated, then the screen will show up again regardless of whether "Show on Startup" is selected or not.

The means however, like this cross posting, is something we do not all agree upon.

But we are limited by both tools and language for our communications.

Ok, the question you asked in the other thread was:

Could you explain maybe why my content is being moderated instead of just deleting ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean between "moderated" and "deleting"? What is the difference in your mind? I need to know this so that I can answer your question.

Ink removed the original post.  It had nothing to do with why you were chat banned.

I removed the three subsequent reposts of that moderated content - once content is moderated, it stays that way.  We do not allow people to repost moderated content without prior permission.

Your ultimate question, which you tried to ask by posting various things you may or may not have done, as well as adding an accusation or two in there for good measure, was:  "why was I chat banned?"  The response from Ink was to PM him and he'd tell you why.  Responding to that with accusations and untrue statements wasn't one of your options.  PM Ink, he'll tell you exactly what got you banned.  Posting various reasons and accusations isn't going to get your question answered.

"I removed the three subsequent reposts of that moderated content - once content is moderated, it stays that way.  We do not allow people to repost moderated content without prior permission."

that does not explain to me why you are deleting my post or what have I done wrong ! I will post on reddit instead.

I have mailed him, no response.

"I removed the three subsequent reposts of that moderated content - once content is moderated, it stays that way.  We do not allow people to repost moderated content without prior permission."

that does not explain to me why you are deleting my post or what have I done wrong ! I will post on reddit instead.

I have mailed him, no response.

It's pushing late at night, he'll get back to you as soon as he can - probably tomorrow.

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

Was it for my joke about KoC's mum when he asked where "old sea hagg was" ? 

or maybe the one about Pagan Pete being a good looking captain thus not needing a box of puppies to recruit a new cabin boy ?

I am running out of ideas since I was only Unbanned for a few hours.

I am truly sorry for making a post on the forums criticizing Olav for trolling and I have learned my lesson as chat bans make this game unplayable (cant buy/sell or even x in chat for group) so if you could find it in your hearts to stop the childish bans or if you feel I am too vocal for your game just arrange a refund of £29.99 and I will find something else to play!

I am who I am and will continue

Edited by Bountyhunter

I will keep posting until you tell me what is wrong with it

This is the first post in that thread:

Dear Moderators - please lock other chat ban threads.

Captain,

You were chat banned.

In this topic you can post in the following format:

I can't access the ingame chat and i would like to know why i was restricted.

Ingame nickname: ''Captain''

You provide this information, in this format, and you will be contacted by Ink with the explaination.

That's what's wrong with it. Wrong format, wrong question, unneeded accusations, which I've already said. Ink hid it for that reason, it's gone.

Not to worry henry you can read it on reddit and my steam review.

Wow.  And people wonder why the mods delete posts and ban people from chat.  Just, wow.

That guy was banned for phrases like 

• cyka blyat, ruski idi nahoi
  • to [player name] go fuck yourself
  • #whitefagsmattertoo
  • to [player name] fuck you prick
He definitely should add those to his steam review and reddit :)
But this is not LOL or DOTA - we try to keep chat clean and people who are not using allowed cursewords will not be able to talk at all. 
  • Like 19