Game-Labs Forum

Tournament for the worst performance in NA

I really wish I had screens of the guy I put 14 leaks in his Merc with my own Merc in two broad sides and he never got one shot off on me.  Never seen a boat sink so fast.    Than again what you expect when you take on a Live Oak Strength Build with Estra Planking and Turn modes.  Yah and that was the first time I got the stupid sails right for turning in irons to swing one broad side on him after the first.  Oh and thanks to the lovely Prep perk for having all ready loaded guns.   Yah his Rattlesnake buddy ran fast after that.   Though if it was me I would prob not show any screen shots of getting sunk that fast.  I'm sure I"ll do somethign stupid soon and I'll try to submit some screen shots of it.  You just some times have some really bad days.

Quite some time ago, in an empty port battle (was just for a simple port transfer) we had a guy cap one of the towers, and then we ended up destroying it - with him still in it - losing him the last dura on his 3rd rate filled with exceptional boarding upgrades (back when those were rare). ^^

Sorry, I don't have screenshots but just recently I was stern camping a trinc in my surprise. Was maneuvering really well, got right up next to the stern, and missed every shot as I fired too early. Lol

Story not complete.

1. Was it PvP or Pve?

2. Did you sink the Trinc in the end or vice versa?

If you sank the Trinc, it would not be a "low performance", rather ups and downs in an engagement...

The worst part is when you line it up perfect, fire on time, and realize you were on random fire mode.

No screenshot here, but I've misjudged the turn on more than one occasion while stern camping, resulting in a lost bowsprit. Worst incident of this I can remember was when camping a Constitution in my Belle Poule, which resulted in lost bowsprit, accidently turning myself into the wind and getting boarded almost immediately after, somehow managing to disengage, only to mess up my tacking to get my nose out of the wind and being boarded again and finally losing my ship.

Story not complete.

1. Was it PvP or PvE? How many engaged? Did the final boarding was by another ship?

It is "hard" to relive a battle with few information...

The worst part is when you line it up perfect, fire on time, and realize you were on random fire mode.

No screenshot here, but I've misjudged the turn on more than one occasion while stern camping, resulting in a lost bowsprit. Worst incident of this I can remember was when camping a Constitution in my Belle Poule, which resulted in lost bowsprit, accidently turning myself into the wind and getting boarded almost immediately after, somehow managing to disengage, only to mess up my tacking to get my nose out of the wind and being boarded again and finally losing my ship.

What i hate the most is when you are aiming a broadside while going full left or full right, and you click fire and stop full left/right at the same time, but you kinda missed the right key and your ship has already turned passed the right angle and the shots just miss shot after shot, and you can do nothing but watch all your balls go right next to your enemy....

Edited by LanderD
  • Like 1

I really wish I had screens of the guy I put 14 leaks in his Merc with my own Merc in two broad sides and he never got one shot off on me.  Never seen a boat sink so fast.    Than again what you expect when you take on a Live Oak Strength Build with Estra Planking and Turn modes.  Yah and that was the first time I got the stupid sails right for turning in irons to swing one broad side on him after the first.  Oh and thanks to the lovely Prep perk for having all ready loaded guns.   Yah his Rattlesnake buddy ran fast after that.   Though if it was me I would prob not show any screen shots of getting sunk that fast.  I'm sure I"ll do somethign stupid soon and I'll try to submit some screen shots of it.  You just some times have some really bad days.

Please, no showing-off of good performances in here.

• Like 1

Quite some time ago, in an empty port battle (was just for a simple port transfer) we had a guy cap one of the towers, and then we ended up destroying it - with him still in it - losing him the last dura on his 3rd rate filled with exceptional boarding upgrades (back when those were rare). ^^

On this, I will make a general rule out of it.

No finger-pointing.

PM this person (if you know him) and make him post his story himself.

He might not like it at all...it is not for everybody. You need a special sense of humour.

And never ever give the "name of the player" without his permission.

Story not complete.

1. Was it PvP or PvE? How many engaged? Did the final boarding was by another ship?

It is "hard" to relive a battle with few information...

PVP. 3 total engaged: myself in a Belle Poule with another pirate in a Surprise attacking a USA Constitution. I performed two good rakes, then ran into his side and ended up turned into irons while he was alongside pointing downwind. Constitution performed both boardings (yes, he didn't move after the first boarding and I messed up the tack to get myself out of the wind in the 50 seconds the game gave me before the second boarding). Ended with both the Constitution and the Surprise escaping after the Surprise captain transferred to my derelict Belle Poule and raked him enough to bring crew down, while at the same time the Constitution skipper inflicted heavy HP damage to the Belle Poule.

• Like 1

summary of contestants (to be voted on):

Tenakha Kan: basic cutter capping flag carrier

LanderD: undercrewed consti

Siegfried: buc sailed away

ElricTheTwo: mortar brig expert

GrapeShot: rageboard frigate

Enraged Ewok belle poule boarded

I try to apply the poker tournament rules, more entries = more price money for all !

(so, advertise to your friends !)

I recently low-performed heavily, but I cannot take part... :wacko:

Edited by Wilson09

I jumped a guy in a Snow, while in my Surprise. I routinely take Connies and trincs in my surprise, so I wasn't worried. However, this was no ordinary sailor.... this guy in this snow proceeded to tear me a new ass. He stern raked me about ten times, killing half my crew, destroying most of my cannons, and set me on fire. He then sailed off a distance and told me to repair and regroup... so I did. And he proceeds to come back in and tear me ANOTHER new ass. Yep... back on fire, flooding heavily.... fire spreads to the whole ship. Only then, seconds before exploding into a million little pieces, do I realize I had survival off the whole time! As I am desperately trying to save my ship, the guy in the Snow is just sitting there, sails down, giving me instructions on what I should do next... and laughing his ass off. Talk about OWNED....

• Like 2

Hi Wilson, as a friend of Tenakha and a Basic Cutter Warrior (look at the screenshot, i was in this battle :D) i'm voting for his screenshot to win and i want to participate too but my screenshot is a bit "special" the worst performance isn't from me but i hope it'll work for your contest ;)

1470538213-311310-20160807044839-1.png

Edited by Major General La Fayette

Hi Wilson, as a friend of Tenakha and a Basic Cutter Warrior (look at the screenshot, i was in this battle :D) i'm voting for his screenshot to win and i want to participate too but my screenshot is a bit "special" the worst performance isn't from me but i hope it'll work for your contest ;)

1470538213-311310-20160807044839-1.png

You need to tell me the story.

What was going there?

And price can only be taken by the player who performed "low".

I was in front of Great Corn and i saw a lone undercrew Santi so i tried to attack him but obviously he entered the port and get back outside, so i waited inside his ship for a lone English npc to attack him but one of his friend get outside in a Surprise and attacked me with a npc, in battle the Santi was in front of the wind so i instant boarded him, 270 crew vs 240 crew with full gold boarding upgrades, he had no chance but his friend tried to break the boarding and he failed, after the boarding of the Santi i just tried to board the Surprise and i succeed too, of course the fail isn't from me but it's such a big fail ahahah but anyway i'll understand if i can't qualify, i'll vote for Tenakha's screenshot then ;)

Much time ago i was in a snow, i entered a battle vs a navybrig, he shoot me 1 volley, i INSTAEXPLODED   end of story

but imho worst performance that i ever seen is this one: [FIRST] clan

SORRY FLEET:

3 TRINCOMALEE
1 CONSTITUTION
1 RENOMEE

VS

1 SANTI (exploded))
1 VICTORY (captured)
1 PAVEL (captured)
1 RENOMEE (escaped while sinking)
1 SURPRISE (escaped while sinking)

d590574.jpg

I am totally lost...Isn't this thread about personal horrible performances !?

Anyway, and given the specifics lay out by Wilson, some of the stories are really nice.

I would say that LanderD story fits perfectly and Grapeshot one is a truly a terrific story as well.

Much time ago i was in a snow, i entered a battle vs a navybrig, he shoot me 1 volley, i INSTAEXPLODED   end of story

but imho worst performance that i ever seen is this one: [FIRST] clan

I believe both stories. First, I put in.

Though, I call it random and not a bad performance.

Second, not welcome as it is without permission of the "bad" performer.

It´s the wrong thread for showing off LV.

Sold 3450 Tobacco for 3450 gold

Not bad.

Altough, the tourn. is about battles, I did not state it that way.

So, a bad missclick.

But still a bad performance.

I was on vacation when the biggest stand-off to annihilate Lord Vicious at Macao happened...

Before this turns out to be another LV thread.

You are OUT !

summary of contestants (to be voted on):

Tenakha Kan: basic cutter capping flag carrier

LanderD: undercrewed consti

Siegfried: buc sailed away

ElricTheTwo: mortar brig expert

GrapeShot: rageboard frigate

Enraged Ewok belle poule boarded

Vonjager loves to get raked by snows

Lord Vicious loves explosions

qw569 top trader on tobacco

price money:

the best gold upgrade I have in my hold (winners choice, e.g. gold marines)

+ 5 sealed bottles

+ 2.0 million cash (1 mill. up)

(may increase depending on participitation and good story-telling)

Edited by Wilson09

I was in front of Great Corn and i saw a lone undercrew Santi so i tried to attack him but obviously he entered the port and get back outside, so i waited inside his ship for a lone English npc to attack him but one of his friend get outside in a Surprise and attacked me with a npc, in battle the Santi was in front of the wind so i instant boarded him, 270 crew vs 240 crew with full gold boarding upgrades, he had no chance but his friend tried to break the boarding and he failed, after the boarding of the Santi i just tried to board the Surprise and i succeed too, of course the fail isn't from me but it's such a big fail ahahah but anyway i'll understand if i can't qualify, i'll vote for Tenakha's screenshot then ;)

You did well.

So, you are OUT !

TOURNAMENT is being closed !

All participants are being asked to give their VOTE on 1 other player (they cannot vote for themselves),

for the lowest performance.

Please read the corresponding text and watch the screens.

What do you think, was the "lowest" performer?

You can give your vote openly (post it here) or reply to my pm (all will get a PM).

If you don´t vote, you don´t vote.

But any vote may give the little extra bonus for being "helpful".

Thx.

-------------

As their have been good contributions and we all  can´t get away from Olympics, prices will be (Gold / Silver / Bronce)

1. the best gold upgrade I have on my account; + 5 bottles; + 2.0 mill. cash

2. the best gold upgrade (no. 2 pick); + 3 bottles; + 1.5 mill. cash

3. the best gold upgrade (no. 3 pick); + 1 bottle; + 1 mill cash

• Like 1

Guys, I only posted for tell the story, not for the tournament and I have no proofs. Is better for all I would be out of the tournament. Not voting for me thanks.

Please, re-consider. You don´t need proofs. This is hard anyway.

I believe the story.

But, it is your decision.

If you don´t feel "good" taking part, okay.

You were really unlucky, so no bad chances.

Please, reconfirm again "I dont want to be in the tournament."

Then LanderD´s vote might go somewhere else...