Game-Labs Forum

Tournament for the worst performance in NA

This idea came some days ago. As a dedicated Poker player I was just

reading a book on Omaha Hi-Low and thinking of NA nearby...

All those screens being posted at the thread "Glorious victories vs. xy", in the national and global chat...

Only superstars around.

I asked myself "Will there ever be a player posting screens of his worst ever defeat"?

Here we go...

---------------------------------

Contest:

I collect "screens" (update: and/or good stories, forum posts, chat screenshots) of your most horrible defeat or "lowest" performance you can remember.

Post it in this thread (as long it does not get closed for some reason). Criteria are not set yet,

but telling a good "story" is obligatory. Screens or vids help, but any good story can compensate.

- good written story / screen /vid

- only about your "own" battle / performance (make friends to post themselves or on behalf)

- details needed: PvP or PvE, try to describe the "full stoy"

Jury:

me, but any discussion on the screen are higly welcome !

price money:

the best gold upgrade I have in my hold (winners choice, no Powder monkey yet, I try to get them)

+ 5 sealed bottles

+ 1 million cash

(may increase depending on participitation)

close date:

release of next patch

MAY the games begin !

(and may help it players´ to treat battles and wins/losses in a more relaxed manner)

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 6

And boys and girls, it is not an easy task ! For me, being average even more difficult.

I am not good not bad. How can I perform badly?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”

(W. Churchill)

---------------------

Puh, lucky.

Was just trying to give 1 mill. for the first screenshot...

What´s this?

Of course, a story is needed and some evidence

(for instance, some players "confirming" you have been so badly...)

As I have good connections, don´t dare to try to cheat on me !

(like don´t run into some big clan freely and say "I was so bad...")

Edited by Wilson09

Ups, sorry Moderators !!!

I am tired.

I put it in the wrong thread.

Please, redirect to GENERAL DISCUSSION or TAVERN.

I had no intention putting it here, sorry for this mistake !!!

Haha, my worst FAILURE on the forums...

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Thread moved. :)

Well...you sank on a basic cutter, right? Facing, what?

OMG...3rd rates?

Come on, that´s holding like a full-house in Omaha and you want the lowest cards.

That´s not a big achievement, I can do this !

But right now, you are No. 1 !

Well...you sank on a basic cutter, right? Facing, what?

OMG...3rd rates?

Come on, that´s holding like a full-house in Omaha and you want the lowest cards.

That´s not a big achievement, I can do this !

But right now, you are No. 1 !

I sank first after a 3 minute battle! and we got yelled at by the nation for trying to intercept a flag with a full fleet of cutter! The reaction of Charognard in chat (our clan leader) to being explained we had intercepted the flag is priceless.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Damn, my French (wrong choice at school...I took LATIN !)

The jury needs to counsel his nephew, his French is perfect.

Sounds not bad, not bad...so, you were supposed to meet a fleet of cutters, right?

And meet 3rd rates? Not bad... ;)

Edited by Wilson09

Damn, my French (wrong choice at school...I took LATIN !)

The jury needs to counsel his nephew, his French is perfect.

Sounds not bad, not bad...so, you were supposed to meet a fleet of cutters, right?

And meet 3rd rates? Not bad... ;)

I had french but i wanted latin. But it wasn't possible... :(

Need to watch my screens this evening - I think I can beat that ^^

Don't have screens, but in a mission with a friend vs two consti's. Me undercrewing a consti at (Post captain?) i reduced the AI consti to zero planks on one side, so I knew I only needed a couple more in to sink him fast. But he started decreasing his sails, and I thought "Oh no you're not getting away mate" so i decreased my sails, he started to seriously slow down so I kept slowing down to. But when I realised what was about to happen I was already below 3.5 knots, and yes, I got boarded and I lost (wanted to disengage as I had no prep or boarding mods and about 100 less crew). Luckily it was just a one dura capped grey consti, but I felt realy stupid afterwards.

• Like 7

Does accidentally deleting the wrong outpost with a (borrowed!) Victory in it count?

Borrowed ? That´s a very very bad failure to loose a ship you borrowed ! 

But, the tournament should be restricted to BATTLE performances only.

It is not an easy task to perform badly.

Deleting an outpost with a VIC in it is tragic, but not enough of a low performance to be considered.

Edited by Wilson09

Ok, I have not screens or proofs for this but...

1 week ago I lost 1 dura of my Bucentaure in a PvE because I wanted to take a surrended Cerberus. Press X and accept with ONLY 2 crew lol. The cerberus was in a bad state with half flooded and leakings. My Bucentaure, now as NPC went far from me lol. And I can't set sails because I only had 2 guys on board and both in survival mode.

• Like 4

I know a guy who lost his freshly made Victory in PvE while boarding another Victory (lost purple marines in the process) :D:lol: .

Not bad, but it wasn´t you.

Not being considered.

Ok, I have not screens or proofs for this but...

! week ago I lost 1 dura of my Bucentaure in a PvE because I wanted to take a surrended Cerberus. Press X and accept with ONLY 2 crew lol. The cerberus was in a bad state with half flooded and leakings. My Bucentaure, now as NPC went far from me lol. And I can't set sails because I only had 2 guys on board and both in survival mode.

So, in the end. Did you sink on the Cerb?

No screen shots, but prior to EA I was sailing a frigate in a fleet action. I was close to a brig and trying to broadside another enemy ship.

While aiming I noticed the horizon was at a peculiar angle, and getting more peculiar every moment. Zooming out I discovered that my frigate had climbed the brig and was beginning to roll over.

As I capsized I successfuly grappled the brig. With my ship upside down my boarders swarmed the enemy's deck. I presumed they had scuba tanks on for the trip over.

The boarding was a success so, inspite of losing my frigate I still had a ship to fight with. Well, for a few minutes I had a ship to fight with that is. In short order my new ship was shot to bits and set on fire.

Having lost 2 ships in one fight, I watched the remainder of it as I bobbed around the ocean clutching a piece of flotsam to stay afloat.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 3

summary of contestants (to be voted on):

Tenakha Kan: basic cutter capping flag carrier

LanderD: undercrewed consti

Siegfried: buc sailed away

ElricTheTwo: mortar brig expert

GrapeShot: rageboard frigate

All good stories, keep going.

price money (unchanged):

the best gold upgrade I have in my hold (winners choice, e.g. gold marines)

+ 5 sealed bottles

+ 1 million cash

Edited by Wilson09

Clan mate of mine, Took his santy out of carlise and was sailing towards Port Royal.

As you know we use to have Fishing Fleets.  

Well he got close to a Friendly waters and pull over to what he thot a friendly fleet of Frigates. around 5 of them. 

He totally failed to recognize pirate fleet pretending to be fishing and trying to blend in.   He was attacked, caught fire and was blown out of a water :).  

Brand New Santy full set of gold mods. 

To answer a question...of course, you can "top" your own lowest performance...

multiple postings possible...

price money (unchanged):

+ 5 sealed bottles

+ 1 million cash

Winston-Churchill-Quotes-and-Sayings-suc

Edited by Wilson09

So, in the end. Did you sink on the Cerb?

For more details, I reacted soon giving order to stop at Bucentaure's NPC captain and she stopped near from me, but not enough for press X again. The sails up 1% each 3 or 4 minutes lol...  it was a slow agony XDD

After 30 minutes or more with the flooding sloooowly fill the ship while the Bucentaure with full crew was sitting at spit range from me...

And then I gave the order to Bucentaure for exit from battle and the cerberus was sunken.

Now I am thinking about this again, the strange thing is that my Bucentaure exited from battle successfully but 1 dura, FULL crew and officer's live was lost. I was so angry, embarrassed and facepalming that I forgot send a F11 bug report...

A pity I have no proofs for this XDDD

• Like 1

The story is so good, one has to believe all of it.

No penalty for missing screenshots or recording !

You are in the lottery (might be a coin toss in the end...) my friend !

price money:

+ 5 sealed bottles

+ 1.5 million cash (500k up)

(may increase depending on participitation and good story-telling)

Edited by Wilson09

Sorry, I don't have screenshots but just recently I was stern camping a trinc in my surprise. Was maneuvering really well, got right up next to the stern, and missed every shot as I fired too early. Lol

The worst part is when you line it up perfect, fire on time, and realize you were on random fire mode.

No screenshot here, but I've misjudged the turn on more than one occasion while stern camping, resulting in a lost bowsprit. Worst incident of this I can remember was when camping a Constitution in my Belle Poule, which resulted in lost bowsprit, accidently turning myself into the wind and getting boarded almost immediately after, somehow managing to disengage, only to mess up my tacking to get my nose out of the wind and being boarded again and finally losing my ship.

• Like 3