Game-Labs Forum

Danish and Pirate clan "Sorry" are now at war

helgur

With the current mechanics, pirate clans just cannot be "tied" to a nation (to work for them).

That is the only save way for them to survive in the beginning attack other nations (with their protector) and then try to break free,

become bigger and finally, finally, attack their own "landlord" and form their own nation.

• Like 1

With the current mechanics, pirate clans just cannot be "tied" to a nation (to work for them).

That is the only save way for them to survive in the beginning attack other nations (with their protector) and then try to break free,

become bigger and finally, finally, attack their own "landlord" and form their own nation.

In the same way we have nothing that forbids us to work for whomever we want.

Can raid trade and sell all to a national trader for example. Can be funded with a neverending stream of new Privateers to keep attacking another nation shipping in raiding groups.

Damn, we are enemy to the world. We are the only ones free from the shackles of Diplomacy and unwanted peace deals.

• Like 7

Pirates nation(well, yes) was here before sorry. D-N was in good relation with pirates (some major clans) before and after Sorry. There is no monolyth pirates nation. There always was clans, clans and clans. Some of them always was hostile to us, other - allied. Once I participiated in battle, where half of pirates tagged us left other half to die, bc hostile pirates was one, who tag, friendly was one, who left. It was far before Sorry. When pirates gank someone friendly or taking port from friendly nation they act as nation or as clan? So far we thought they act as clan. So we have right to act with Sorry, as a clan. Otherwise we should consider macao cap as nation agressive act and declare war to whole nation. But we don't. Who is Lord Vicious? I mean, our coop with pirates have long history, where is no place for that man and his actions. No matter what we will fight against brits and their allies, without any ceasfire or other diplo bullshit.

I understand you perfectly.... But problems with clans happened in all nations... Spain was reduced to 2 ports using RAE as excuse... Nothing new under the sun.... The excuse is not important. The thing is that your'e punishing all players of this nation not only Lord Vicious. Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya
  • Like 4

I understand you perfectly.... But problems with clans happened in all nations... Spain was reduced to 2 ports using RAE as excuse... Nothing new under the sun.... The excuse is not important. The thing is that your'e punishing all players of this nation not only Lord Vicious.

they are the hardcore "nation". When people sign up for pirate, they should have know better.

• Like 2

I understand you perfectly.... But problems with clans happened in all nations... Spain was reduced to 2 ports using RAE as excuse... Nothing new under the sun.... The excuse is not important. The thing is that your'e punishing all players of this nation not only Lord Vicious.

Mistake was believing the pirates should have been and would continue being treated as a nation with benefits.

When people wanted pirates to be pirates instead of nationals with a black flag (I myself am fine with them being a nation with a black flag), most pirates cried foul and said instead of making pirates pirates, nationals need to team up and beat the pirates back to Mortimer.  Admin said the same thing.  So nationals got together, have pretty much beat back pirates to Mortimer, and pirates cry foul, "5 or 6 nations vs 1."

• Like 5

A new player from colombia, or ecuador, or poland that purchase this game, and start to play the game as a pirate... must know before that...they are scum, a piece of shit that have no rights....

Nah... Sorry but I can't understand it....

Next month yes.... Pirate faction will be different and they should make their choice.... Until now, they are exactly the same than other nation...

• Like 1

A new player from colombia, or ecuador, or poland that purchase this game, and start to play the game as a pirate... must know before that...they are scum, a piece of shit that have no rights....

Nah... Sorry but I can't understand it....

Next month yes.... Pirate faction will be different and they should make their choice.... Until now, they are exactly the same than other nation...

remember when you click which nation you want to play?

look at it again and tell me how the game describes pirate

Sorry but this is a nonsense for me. Pirates need unique features and unique goals to make them viable and a desirable option for certain players. Not the same goals than a nation but underpowered and with more dificulties to achieve them.

Agreed,

but I have no time to explain my ideas in detail, different thread (pirate mechanics).

Edited by Wilson09

Almost out of popcorn.

Some points from an observer:

SORRY obviously took the Dane port to get behind Swedish advance. They could have just as easily taken the last Swede port in the line instead. This suggests either SORRY wasn't strong enough at the time or it suggests there was some form of expected Dane assistance. Score points for SORRY arguement as this appears like Dane overreaction.

Danish over reaction is clearly brought on by Lord Vicious winning smile and diplomatic flare. So SORRY probably earned it.

Score points for Danish arguement on this.

Danes seem to also be using the event to switch sides globally to avoid the oncoming GB-Dutch-USA Zerg once there are no pirate ports left to take. Since the other treaty isolates Spain the Danes are the logical next PB target. Not going to fault the Danes for taking the easy way out but it does earn them the care bear award of the month. So own that crap.

Score points for the care bear alliance arguement. You do not appear wrong yet.

French, hehe. Tenaka, I hope you understand where all this leaves the French in the coming future?

Score points for France for not caving in immediately and trying to also join care bear alliance.

Brits, Dutch, USA...well done in removing all pirate ports. Funniest part of this whole thread is that the Danes are no real threat to pirate ports as you already took them all. But at some point your going to need a PB opponent you can fight. Hopefully you won't maintain this over powered RvR alliance and just start crushing Spain or France with it.

Score points for the Devs in devising a future alliance system that they can use to break up off balancing care bear alliances.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 8

I'll carry on my plunder regardless of how many ports the pirates have, i'll still be on the high seas... stealing, sinking and having a laugh. However currently my men are in port drinking and dancing while on a break from raiding with all that gold we got since January... Atleast me lazy arse can be entertained on the forums.  

When i'm come back i still have names on me list i want sank. Now i can go for some Danish ones! Yarhar! 

I for one am happy the nationals have banded together and stopped the pirates, I get a grin every time i see the Port map as i can feel the challenge rises and all those new wooden boats with fancy flags on need some more portholes from me rusty cannons!

• Like 5

French, hehe. Tenaka, I hope you understand where all this leaves the French in the coming future?

Score points for France for not caving in immediately and trying to also join care bear alliance.

To prove that we did not and do not have any “hidden” agenda, we have promptly negotiated a temporarily ceasefire with the British, a temporarily defensive cooperation with the Swedish and assistance from the French in order to face this threat, as pr the Antilles treaty.

:ph34r: 

I'll carry on my plunder regardless of how many ports the pirates have, i'll still be on the high seas... stealing, sinking and having a laugh. However currently my men are in port drinking and dancing while on a break from raiding with all that gold we got since January... Atleast me lazy arse can be entertained on the forums.  

When i'm come back i still have names on me list i want sank. Now i can go for some Danish ones! Yarhar! 

I for one am happy the nationals have banded together and stopped the pirates, I get a grin every time i see the Port map as i can feel the challenge rises and all those new wooden boats with fancy flags on need some more portholes from me rusty cannons!

I for one do not oppose pirates. The world would be dull without them. I have met and played with a lot of good pirate players (Hethwill, RUBLI guys, many others).

Lord Fishbreath and the rest of the SORRY gang however is a totally different story.

• Like 1

you do realize that after the US got mapped and ausfc flipped and too all the ports they previously held that the pirates had 120+ ports and basically decided to stop steamrolling.

There was a conscious switch away from beating down nations because of player base salt.  We basically as a whole stopped.   When the AUS clan moved from PVP2 we had basically left the game and only had 15 people logging in to defend for a while and when devs adjusted PBs further to make it so attackers only had to be in a PB for like 20 minutes to win it we decided that the only way to play was OW.   We gave most of our remaining ports to Spain and played screening for a while.  Sorry basically did the same kind of wind down and thus the USA and other nations stopped being butt hurt about their smashings and started taking ports back....the tone of the server changed from oh noes the pirates are coming to OMG no skill fishing !! so leet  Carebare mode on.

The pirate nation was effectively stood down as a PB force and has lost/given their ports away since then while waiting for new content to arrive.

I think we all know that the pirates stopped more than were beaten......regardless until mechanics change, PBs are a sad shadow of what they were when we had larger populations. 

It is clear to me that Pirates are being nerfed in the next 2 patches at least and I don't see any Additions to them happening for many months so really nations jumping off the pirates bandwagon sort of makes sense. 

Sorry and LV merely made endgame content entertaining on the forums and have a bit of flavour.  You can hate LV as much as you want but he basically created a End Game Outcome by asking for ransom,  Did things that made people talk about battles and not about broken mechanics and highlighted issues.

Now the Dev-struction is near the pirates have no friends and no PB game to play yet your still talking about them more than broken mechanics.  Seems a very obvious reason why the devs/mods ain't redlining this thread.

• Like 5

As I think this conversation and battle draws to a close one is left wondering...so what do we do while we wait for the Alliances patch. The Alliances patch will at least reset the current two major alliances. Whether or not they fundamentally re-emerge through game mechanics is yet to be seen. TBH from a fun perspective I hope not...and I hope former friends fight and former enemies unite. Perhaps the alliance patch should be preceded with a map reset (with notice and map of new ports to give us time to move all our shizz)...

I reckon over then next 2-3 weeks we should perhaps :

1) Have OW carnage unregulated fun

2) Open a Discussion on how we as a set of gamers would like to see the Pirates be a fun and entertaining faction to play in the future ( I would not see myself ever flying the black....but I can imagine if I did, what sort of gameplay I would like).

3) Remind ourselves we are testing a game...un-immerse ourselves from any personal vendetta's earned during the recent wars, so when alliance patch comes we can start afresh.

4) Rejoice in what has been a reel roller-coaster ride over the past 12 weeks of warfare, alliance, subterfuge and  some absolutely classic battles (Aves - 2 weeks and 250 first rates, Santiago - 6 nights of defence then trafalgar 2.0, Portillo - The battle of 7 fleets,  just to recall a few)

• Like 11

Nice 1-4. +++

May i suggest

5) Open a ressource war on pirates (for testing reasons). Check the map...

http://www.navalactioncraft.com/map

Everything has been done on the pirates, but not a proper war. Wars cannot be won by PBs only, but by cutting the supply.

"If you kill the murderer, the quantity of murderers will not change." (W. Churchill).

So true.

Pirates have been running out of ressources, no one took notice. All these arguing that ports don´t matter, they do.

The smuggler flag is just an obstacle.

example:

Hemp/Iron/Oak are all critical ressource for ship construction. We lost all ports and therefore the production buildings.

Mayag. was the last one. Still, none has made an effort to cut the supply lines.

How could this be achieved? Easy. Look at the map, identify the ports:

Port Howe, Watling, Atwood, Mayag. Lorimers, St. Nic., Les G., St. Marc.

At least all these ports needed to be "protected" by the nationals to prevent pirates to buy cheap ressources (using smuggler flags).

To aid this, a permanent blockade had to be installed at nearby free towns (Atwood, La Tortue) to prevent Tradery Lynx to sneak through,

picking up delivery orders from other free ports.

Still, I have been the only one putting in buy bids on those ressources (and only one other player "Berger").

Just for the sake of testing, how this would effect the prices at Mortimer. Prices are up.

If I were an admiral of the nationals, i had executed that long before.

A bidding-war had been started, and this had been a great, great money sink in the end.

Instead, you all own 10 kk+ and 40+ ships in the dockyard.

And all accuse the others to be "carebears". Im my opinion, no real attempt was

made to beat the hell out of us pirates.

Time to change this?

We should be paying 1000+ for Oak/Iron/Hemp at Mortimer, praying for peace.

To end my arrogant lecture on "ressource warfaring", may I cite W. Churchill my dear American friends?

Americans Will Always Do the Right Thing — After Exhausting All the Alternatives

(Winston Churchill)

6) Maybe take the last chance in this game and all factions unit

and beat the British empire down to 1 port.

Edited by Wilson09

...we have promptly negotiated a temporarily ceasefire with the British....

This is incorrect. The majority of the British clans, upon request by the Swedish diplomat, decided to hold off on territorial changes (crafting flags). This status quo is time limited. Any and all  Danes in PvP situations will/can be attacked.

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 1

Let me update my list really quick..

There you go, anyone else wanna join ?! Only 2 flags left, c'mon chaps dont be shy :ph34r: !

The butthurt displayed by us refusing to give in to Lord Couscous demands and tantrums is hilarious. Do keep bringing it on. Those sweet, sweet Sorry tears is a must ingredient in any grog mixture  :D 

• Like 4

... Let them come I say - everyone knows that wikings will win against "normal" pirates, cause we invented it ...

When ya hear the drums, than it's to late for you... We are coming...

Edited by Twig
  • Like 3