Game-Labs Forum

new Perk ( a bit late but who knows)

Have a sugestion for two new perks: Informant and Cunning merchant

Informant :

Know locations of nearby player from ennemy nations.

Every so often when you get into a port you get a message saying that : Captain soandso left port x hours ago in this ship...

You would only get it once in a while, and would only work for port in a certain radius. A bit like the player sighting we use to have, but just for port around your current locations

Cunning merchant

Knows best price for certain items in nearby port.

Would work in the same principle, once in a while you would get a list of certain ressources and their lowest price (port price or contract) in nearby ports

I know it`s a bit late in the game and maybe they were suggested before.

for the informant, maybe instead of player and port departure, something more like, British 3rd rate spotted near  Roseau...

We had this in the beginning, but it was not usefull at all. It was a "Ship Report Letter" if I recall correctly. Mostly by the time you read the letter many minutes had passed or the location wasn't even close to you. It was like something you got when you sunk someone as a type of reward. It was removed because it wasn't used.

We had this in the beginning, but it was not usefull at all. It was a "Ship Report Letter" if I recall correctly. Mostly by the time you read the letter many minutes had passed or the location wasn't even close to you. It was like something you got when you sunk someone as a type of reward. It was removed because it wasn't used.

I remember those, but they were not useful because usually you were very far from the info. This would give you a report of ship in your area. let say at the closest free port

What makes this perk more useful different from folk reporting sighting on voice comms or text chat ?

you wouldn`t need to physically see the ship. Let say im in roseau and a ship sail from carriacou, nobody from my nation might  see it and call it. This could send you a letter that at least you know some ennemies are operating in your area without actually spotting him.

How about some other economical perks such as:

Hoarder - Ship can carry 10% more in the cargohold

Scavenger - Player receives 50% more resources when breaking down and scrapping a ship

Fish Bait - 10% increased chance to catch larger fish types

Load Master - Ship's cargo weight is more evenly distributed - +1 knot speed -3% roll rate on trade ships

Ample Provisions - Medkits restore additional crew while at sea while on trading ships

Merchant Marines - x% (maybe 2 or 3%?) marines on trading ships and +2 preparation per round while in boarding mode

Trade Connections - -10% market costs for setting up a contract

Edited by Woody051