Game-Labs Forum

Transparency International suggestion

The actions of some nations, and their success in battle have forced players to resort to makeshift diplomacy to address imbalances in the number of players, especially during summer break, that have a radical impact on the capacity of smaller nations to defend their territory.

There are hundreds of posts discussing these issues, and I believe that official statistics from the developers could be a useful contribution to these discussions taking place somewhere else in the forums.

Here is the information I would like to know:

- How many players are playing for each faction, at what time?

- That are the trends of the population and wealth of the different factions over time? (historical data).

- What is the net worth of each faction (Something like GDP) the sum of all money, goods, and ships accumulated by each faction?

- What are the figures of lost, sunk, captured, built ships on each faction?

I believe that good willing players from all factions are making an effort to maintain the balance and make this game even more fun to play. A good set of data, clearly presented would be a great source of information to make political decisions, especially now that the alliances mechanics are coming.

I´m sure I´m not the first one to post this sort of idea in the forum, I apologize for the repetition.

Yours.

Brigadier Don Sancho Navarro

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro
  • Like 5

I'm not sure it will be a good idea for the devs to share this information. It will just be another thing to argue about between factions.

Yes, but at least the arguments would be based on facts. We are all arguing about player imbalances anyway.

If the new diplomatic mechanics allow for voting, it is important that the voters make informed decisions. This information would let us us to track the evolution of the game, in many different ways, and shape alliances based on national interests, not like/dislike of one or several factions or, what is worse, old historical alliances.

Thanks for the reply.

Sancho

• Like 1

Number of Players dös not Necessaires correlate with military power. Don't think it should have an effect on votes.

3 scenarios and a question:

A ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. You don't have the data to support your findings.

B ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. Data given to you by the developers state that your observation is true and the number of players are part of the reason you see so many of them.

C ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. Data given to you by the developers falsify your thought.

In all scenarios there are a lot of British ships taking part in the campaigns. How do numbers supported influence your decision? In any case there are a lot of British ships taking part in the campaign.

• Like 1

Number of Players dös not Necessaires correlate with military power. Don't think it should have an effect on votes.

3 scenarios and a question:

A ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. You don't have the data to support your findings.

B ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. Data given to you by the developers state that your observation is true and the number of players are part of the reason you see so many of them.

C ) you think Britain has the most active players. You base this on the fact that you see a lot of them active in campaigns. Data given to you by the developers falsify your thought.

In all scenarios there are a lot of British ships taking part in the campaigns. How do numbers supported influence your decision? In any case there are a lot of British ships taking part in the campaign.

Hello Chimera.

I´m not necessarily correlating number of players to military power. In fact, I believe other information should be published as well, such as economic power, transactions, wealth, victories, etc.

Responding to your question, the information, if provided, can help players vote alliances based on obtaining a balance in the game, or simply obtain total superiority by joining forces with the most powerful nations. It depends on them, my point is that, in order to make responsible decisions, players need to have accurate information, and not base their vote on feelings, historical likes/dislikes, or the whim of the day.

Using your example, if we have accurate information that Britain is the wealthiest, most populated, most powerful nation in the map, maybe players from other friendly factions like the Dutch, neighbouring the Brits, may, or may not, wish to counter balance that power, by seeking other allies.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Brigadier Don Sancho Navarro.

Yea, most populated nation should keep in mind that they ally should be at 2nd place and enemy at last one

Yes... or maybe not... you should have more faith in this game's players... we are not the average gamers, Most of us want to have fun with interesting and balanced battles, not beating the crap out of the weakest.

Aniway, my point is not to calculate what players are going to do with their vote, i do not have a cristal ball. My point is that, if we vote, we should have as much information as possible to make good voting decisions, and not vote on a whim or a misperception. 

Thank you for your reply.

Brigadier Don Sancho Navarro.

One thing that was interesting (and unexpected) to me this morning was the visibility on other nations' voting progress in real-time.  Not quite what you're looking for, and hardly an accurate count due to differing votes-per-rank and of course folks who just didn't vote for whatever reason.  But one could reasonably assume that the rank distribution and percentage of non-voters is probably evenly distributed across nations.  One is left with a ballpark reflection of relative population disparities.  PIrates, of course, still being a wild-card here.

Doesn't tell you anything about activity.

British nation has thousands of votes but has difficulties putting together a full PB fleet at times.

If you have 35 dedicated players that are online at the right time you can easily beat a nation with 10.000 players that don't show up for portbattles.

As I said. These numbers don't tell you anything about strength of the nation. You can only field 25 in a port battle.

If you have a core group fighting together that is much more effective than having different people in a port battle fighting for the first time in that combination.

There is pros and cons that come with having a large player base.