Game-Labs Forum

A humble request/idea.

Thundershield

This is just a humble suggestion for another ship to be added to Naval Action, at some point. I would genuinely love to have ships from all the nations represented in the game ASAP, so as to appeal to a wider audience, and showcase as much history as possible. So this is just one suggestion for a unique Danish First Rate ship of the line.

The HDMS Sophia Amalia was an, at her peak, 108 gun First Rate, launched in 1650. I realize this puts her a few decades behind Naval Actions timeline, of circa 1670-1810 or thereabouts, but aside from the number of guns, which can be altered, I don't see any faults that would put her at an incredible dis-or advantage against other ships currently in the game.

While the ship didn't see much action, or at least nothing as remarkable as other Dano-Norwegian ships from history, I personally could only link her to 1 specific battle, the Battle of Öland where she was part of a Dano-Norwegian and Dutch alliance that defeated the Swedish Navy.

My main point of suggesting her, lies in her appearance. All of the ships thus far created for Naval Action, and certainly those yet to come, are all gorgeous. Both their historic counterparts, and their in game representations. But the Sophia Amalia is just so unique in appearance, I feel that she deserves a spot in the game.

kgIMG_2654.jpg

More specifically, her stern was quite extraordinary when it comes to ornamentation:

571px-Sophia_Amalia_%28tr%C3%A6d%C3%A6kk

To summarize; I feel that the Sophia Amalias beautiful design, and her firepower qualifies her for a place in Naval Action.

• Like 3

Her design is not unique in history. About any dutch ship in this timeperiod has those curvy lines and pompously sterngalleys.

Check out the "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" (1681) wich is a dutch design. De zeven Provincien as well.

Its a dutch design choice. And they did build magnificiend and very reliable ships indeed.

Nevertheless this ship is indeed a beauty. Just like the one I mentioned :P

I also wonder if this design will be represented anytime.

Her design is not unique in history. About any dutch ship in this timeperiod has those curvy lines and pompously sterngalleys.

True, the lines and extravagant sterns where commonplace. Sweden for example also indulged in fancy decorations, like on the Vasa.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that all ships were unique? There were no 2 ships with that stern, so in that regard, the Sophia Amalia was unique.

Check out the "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" (1681) wich is a dutch design. De zeven Provincien as well.

Its a dutch design choice. And they did build magnificiend and very reliable ships indeed.

Both lovely ships for sure, though I will say I think the Sophias ornaments were a bit more over the top.

Nevertheless this ship is indeed a beauty. Just like the one I mentioned :P

I concur, the Dutch were great shipbuilders, and were often involved with building Scandinavian ships.

I also wonder if this design will be represented anytime.

I wonder about that too, hence why I put forth the Sophia as a suggestion for getting some of those beautifully ornamented ships in the game. Of course I'd love for all the nations in the game to have their finest ships as well, and I've no doubt the developers will get there eventually.